IGNORED

Burlington Ontario 8th Annual M&E 2019

saddlebum

I have decided to post this a bit earlier this year since several members have already asked if I was going to do this again. Plus to give any USA members who wish to attend time to get their passports in order.

Once again on
January 5th 2019 @ 6:30 PM,
I would like to put together a Meet and Eat here in Burlington Ontario, making this the 8th annual meet and eat. As in previous years this is the weekend of the
NORTH AMERICAN MOTORCYCLE SUPER SHOW
, which is a three day event here in Toronto Ontario
SUPERSHOW - North America's Largest Motorcycle Show

The place I have in mind will again be at
TUCKERS MARKET PLACE
in Burlington Ontario.
https://tuckers.ca/
. Which is about 25 minutes from the motorcycle show.

Please click on link below and
RSVP
on calendar if you plan to attend so when time comes to make reservations I have a reasonable head count.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=510&day=2019-1-5

:group cheers::RED:

Edited by saddlebum

• 1 month later...

That's the day Cathy goes back to work from the time off she is taking for her Christmas vacation days. :santa:

So if I come....I'll be solo....:fatsmiley:

I don't get any vacation or days off......:whistling:

So....I'll say weather permitting......snow is coming down as I type this....looks like this is going to be the 1st accumulation of the season......got to go dig the snowblower out of the back corner of the shed now.....let it snow, let it snow, let it snow :snow::snow::snow: .......I hate :cold:

• 1 month later...

Well well, I will have to see about this, a motorcycle related meet without bikes, hmmm.

Heck, I am horrible with names and have long since forgotten everyone’s from the Ontario Fall M&G, it will be like meeting for the first time again.

Have to bounce this off the misses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well well, I will have to see about this, a motorcycle related meet without bikes, hmmm.

You could always take some pictures with ya????

Heck, I am horrible with names and have long since forgotten everyone’s from the Ontario Fall M&G, it will be like meeting for the first time again.

You are not the only one, so join us to get re-acquainted.

Have to bounce this off the misses.

Be careful how you say that, could lead to some really serious consequences. Bounce and misses in the same sentence, I could make some hay with that, but I'll be nice and be quiet for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope to see you there, along with your misses.

• 3 weeks later...

For those who plan to attend, I look forward to seeing you, maybe the first time and hopefully not the last time.

For those of you who are sitting on the fence,,,, get off that fence and come and enjoy some good company, meet some awesome people, see if I can get Evan and Ben to talk together, and enjoy some of the best food this side of where-ever.

The time is 6:30pm, but don't expect Ben to be early,,, he can walk over.

If you are not planning to come, then you'll be missing out and you'll just have to settle for the pictures that might or might not be posted sometime after the event, and your comments will be late in time.

If you think it's too far to go,,,, you might be right, but you could also be wrong,,,,, why take the chance.

If you think the weather might play a part in this? don't worry!!! there is a Holiday Inn just across the street and they have lots of rooms.

If your GPS says you can't get there from where, then either get a new GPS or move to another location.

If you live in Florida, you still have time.

If you live in California, you may get lost.

If you live in Germany, fly Air Canada.

If you live in Australia, come-on over and get right side up.

If you can't speak English, then you'll be in good company.

For those who plan to attend, I look forward to seeing you, maybe the first time and hopefully not the last time.

For those of you who are sitting on the fence,,,, get off that fence and come and enjoy some good company, meet some awesome people, see if I can get Evan and Ben to talk together, and enjoy some of the best food this side of where-ever.

The time is 6:30pm, but don't expect Ben to be early,,, he can walk over.

If you are not planning to come, then you'll be missing out and you'll just have to settle for the pictures that might or might not be posted sometime after the event, and your comments will be late in time.

If you think it's too far to go,,,, you might be right, but you could also be wrong,,,,, why take the chance.

If you think the weather might play a part in this? don't worry!!! there is a Holiday Inn just across the street and they have lots of rooms.

If your GPS says you can't get there from where, then either get a new GPS or move to another location.

If you live in Florida, you still have time.

If you live in California, you may get lost.

If you live in Germany, fly Air Canada.

If you live in Australia, come-on over and get right side up.

If you can't speak English, then you'll be in good company.

How about Antigua? Can I come from their if I fly Air Canada? If so I'll see you there.

Antigua????

Where's that at??

How come you don't stick around here?

How can I visit when you're never home?

Coffee ready yet?

Coffee is ready and yes I will come all the way from Antigua. Do I get a prize. Maybe ice-cream after dinner. Wait a minute, I think everyone one will get ice-cream after their dinner.

Thats alright. I believe the prize will be just seeing all the good folks that will be there.

But I can run faster than Big Tom ..........:think: ......At least I think I can......:scorched:

Its not about who can run faster..............................….any more.

Its more about who can get up first, from a sitting position.... :crackup:

Edited by chabicheka

Thanks Ben for setting this up and for such a short speech, that is unlike you, even when you don't speech but just trying to extend mine.

Good to see all you folks again, the pretty ones as well the others.

I liked the way Dogman managed to get a stand-in for Bernie, don't know how he managed to find her, or get permission to take her, but it's something to keep in mind. Maybe you could give lessons on that Dave now that you're retired. Give Bernie our best and tell we missed her please.

As usual, food was good, and the company couldn't have been better, looking forward to the next time we get together.

Hopefully Abdul took some pictures????

Was great seeing all you guys and gals at the meet. Good food...may be a bit pricey...with 15% added on the bill, at a self serve restaurant....left the bill sitting on the table, for a while, hoping Carl would pick it up. Then realised what his origins was, and paid up. :rolleyes:

All in all, was a wonderful evening having dinner with good friends, some of whom, have known for more than 10 yrs, through this club.

Missed you Don xv100, and some others who couldn't make it this time, for various reasons. Hope all is well, Sailur...seeing u had signed up, but couldn't make it? See you next meet, brother.

Thanks again, Ben, for your efforts in keeping this going.

Abdul (chabicheka) :dancefool:

Sorry Carl....I had brought my camera along, but then left it in the car. Wanted to concentrate on gobbling food. :fatsmiley:

Edited by chabicheka

Well I realize I am a bit late here in extending my thanks to all those who were able to attend (but then I do have a reputation to maintain :innocent:) Along with Abdul and My wife I did show up ahead of the rest so I did get to prove Marcarl wrong on that one.

But seriously it was great to kick off the new year to again see everyone. There were some regular faces that were missed this year and I would have loved to see. But there were some new faces, to fill those collars that were a pleasure to see and I am glad they were able to make it. My Wife Marita who often misses our functions really enjoyed Her time chatting with everyone. @dogman Although We missed seeing Bernie, it was nice to meet your sister in-law and I hope she enjoyed our company.

Interesting turn of events this year was that we had two tables. The interesting part was all the Ladies sat at one table while the men sat at the other. And probably for the first time in History known to man it was the Men who got up 1st and said it was time to go instead of the wives for a change :think:.

I Also noticed the Mens table with the exception Of Marcarl was much quieter than the Ladies table :witch_brew:

At the end of the day however it was very clear that all had a good time. So once again thank you everyone for coming out and sharing your friendship and hopefully we can do this again next year. :bighug: