IGNORED

Trying to locate Gasoline leak.

seabeetom

Fired up the 08 RSV and found gasoline dripping down from above the choke assy (only when running). Can't tell exactly where from, but its up outta sight. Took off the tank, but cant get the cover of the Air Induction Box off (yes, screws removed). It pulls up some at the rear of boxes, but front won't come up. Afraid I'll break something if I pry too hard. Any suggestions 'O' Wise Ones?

And when I get the Box opened, what should I be looking for??

Any help would be appreciated.

9/23- Got the AI Boxes off, didn't need to take their covers off after all, but there is a screw at the front of the boxes underneath that weren't visible. Can't tell where the gas is leaking from exactly, but appears to be from the front left carb. That's as far as my technical abilities can take me. Anyone in the Mississippi Gulf Coast area willing to take on the job of fixing this problem??

Edited by seabeetom

My 1st gen leaks gas all the time. When I fill the tank it's only a matter of time till all the gas "leaks" out of the exhaust! :p

Just a little humor to get you by till you find the prob. Good luck.

Some of us aren't quite that old yet, but thanks for the warning.

Funny you should ask that.......I fired mine up the other day and it was doing the same thing. Hadn't had a chance to look at it yet.:confused24:

Well John, as they say, "Misery Loves Company". Hopefully someone can share their technical experience and help us out. The Service Manual just isn't specific enough.