IGNORED

Do you put sealant in your trailer tires?

M61A1MECH

Does anyone put any of the various puncture sealants in their trailer tires?

Was reading a post on another forum about using Ride-On in motorcycle tires and although not generally recommended for bikes with TPMS it got me wondering if it would be worth putting it in my Bushtec trailer tires. I contacted Ride-On and they recommended using 6 to 8 ounces of their formula for Mopeds and scooters in a tube type tire on the trailer.

Anyone with thoughts or experiences on using this product or any of the many others on the market in your trailer?

I did. Have a 2014 Neosho Streamline (8" tires). Put the Ride-On in on day one. No evidence that it has ever been put to the test, but I just figured that it is cheap insurance. They appear to be well balanced but since I put it in on day one, I don't know if the Ride-On contributes to that or not.

• 3 weeks later...
I did. Have a 2014 Neosho Streamline (8" tires). Put the Ride-On in on day one. No evidence that it has ever been put to the test, but I just figured that it is cheap insurance. They appear to be well balanced but since I put it in on day one, I don't know if the Ride-On contributes to that or not.
Is Slime considered a sealant for MC amd trailer applications? I know is sure works well around the farm.

Is Slime considered a sealant for MC amd trailer applications? I know is sure works well around the farm.

Yes SIME sells products for motorcycles and trailers, in fact that is what I settled on, it is a bit less expensive than Ride-On and more readily, picked some up at WallyWorld, did both tires on the trailer with the dosage recommended by Slime and had enough left over to do my wheel Barrow tire that never holds air, will be interested to see how well it works.

Both Slime and Ride-On claim their product improves the balancing of the tires.

I have not had a chance to try it out yet, so I can not comment on that.

Yes SIME sells products for motorcycles and trailers, in fact that is what I settled on, it is a bit less expensive than Ride-On and more readily, picked some up at WallyWorld, did both tires on the trailer with the dosage recommended by Slime and had enough left over to do my wheel Barrow tire that never holds air, will be interested to see how well it works.Both Slime and Ride-On claim their product improves the balancing of the tires.I have not had a chance to try it out yet, so I can not comment on that.
Steve, it will be hard to check the balance on the wheel barrow. But I have never had luck keeping a barrow tire inflated (even with Slime) because it is used so little.

If I get a small puncture in a rear tire, I normally use a rope patch and then follow up with Green Slime.

I've never had an issue with a tire fixed like that and fine till normal replacement.

I just make sure I tell the guy who puts on the next tire.

Obviously would not mix balance beads with Slime or Ride-on.