IGNORED

Venturerider.org

saddlebum

I posted this comment in another thread and after reading it I decide it maybe deserved a thread all its own.

Although this site began with the Venture and its owners, it has much diversified as previous venture owners have changed to various brands, and some for one reason or another have had to stop riding altogether. Venture rider has become as much of who we are as a group/family as to what we ride. Regardless of the type of wheels, we still have a unique bond, that makes this site in MHO the best biker site on the web. May the camaraderie and friendships acquired through this site continue for a very long time.:beer: :group cheers:

:thumbsup:

Oh, yeah!

Recently joined another Forum as a result of a new-found fascination with Droning. Signing up was virtually a necessity, due to our lack of knowledge on the Hobby. Low Level Droning is relatively new, and the best website is only a couple years old.

So... on-line we go, and the FIRST link opened quickly turns into a *issing Match between two very active members (in good standing!), and kept getting nastier 'n nastier. We couldn't believe the Administrator(s) let it go, but they did.

A few days later, in a 'soft' discussion on Public Relations (ie: Flying Over People), somebody made a sensible comment on the issue, and we chime in with: "In OUR opinion... etc." (Old habits die hard for elderly Editors; 'Royal We, or Our', being one.) Some guy immediately fires back with: "Which Group do YOU represent???"

Sadly, we need all the info available, so need to stick with it.

Thank you so much Don, for spoiling us rotten!~

Rgds, Wordpecker

It is amazing how many sites actually remind you of a grade school play ground with all its name calling etc. except the children on those sites are supposed to be adults. Oh well I'm glad for the most part we don't have those issues here.

Except for when @BIG TOM picks on us nice humble Canadians. Its OK Tom we like you just the same.

It is amazing how many sites actually remind you of a grade school play ground with all its name calling etc. except the children on those sites are supposed to be adults. Oh well I'm glad for the most part we don't have those issues here.

Except for when BIG TOM picks on us nice humble Canadians. Its OK Tom we like you just the same.

Really Ben, why are you so mean to me ?, you know how sensitive I am....

It's not hard to figure out why VR works so well for many of us.

True much of this is Don's fault his non egotistical approach to disputes is puzzling.

That said, I am and have been in many forums some with life memberships paid up but, choosing a couple years back to just give it a rest.

As you know I enjoy troubleshooting, some of the other forums kept me sharp and you learn thru the younger ego driven guys as well, just not as much.

Break it down what has VR for content? There's a good library! There's lot of diversity in shared experience!

The bike experience and riding of course that make for and provides a shared common denominator!

All true and more; but what I think is going on here is more to do with maturity and all those other sites we left behind us!

I'm a stickler for solid theory and that's not all that hard to find round here.

So I know a guy that knows a guy... for drones, let me see if I can find his site..

Patch

I can attest to Bens insight here of our club. Having been a member here since "05" I've met a great number of other members who I can call friends thou I may only see them a few times a year. Even thou I don't have a Venture , like others have done, anymore since going to a Slingshot I'm still welcomed wherever I go to any VR meets. Age & health have required me to make changes in my mode of transportation but I still love reading here all of what's going on with our membership. Even our new gen 3 riders and their new rides. Nope this guy ain't going anywhere. :thumbsup2:

Larry

Always liked this forum since the day I joined. I have been a member here with and without a RSV and always felt welcome have always enjoyed reading post and replies of the other members.

My only complaint and I am not going to name any names, but there is a guy here that contacts me every year saying he wants me to give him more money. He seems to really like the stuff.:rotf:

I rode a nice 06 Yamaha Venture enjoyed the top end power installed gauges lowered it did a lot of updates of which all improved handling and comfort. Right now I'm riding a couple of Harley's one a Superglide an a Ultra SE. Thinking about getting down to one bike. Probably going to sell the 08 Harley Ultra just hard to let go it's getting a little heavy at 71 with two people aboard.IMG_0216.jpg[ATTACH

Picking on Harley's for the moment.

Last year just after breaking my foot and while Taping it up at a rather large Flee Market in Northern Ont. hills; I met a gentlemen and his wife as they readied to ride. I can't remember his age early 70's very tall American riding with his very elegant wife, he explained his love of and all the engines he went through on his 10ish year old bike till he finally upgraded to the newer engine. Anyway the point of this memory being his rider training; he mounted then his wife and then he 360'ed right there at the foot of the drive on an incline, certainly a showing of his skill!

There was another and I am being purposely absent on what gives but; not sure the town however below Thunder Bay I had a solute from an o.p.p. motorcycle patrol. Wasn't sure exactly what was transpiring till it was all but over; he first pulled up beside me, SK was to my left tail, I was fiddling with the cowl pocket trying to snap it close, feet out on the pegs, on cruise at 60 klm when he caught my peripheral in the left lane, I had a rig in front. Steep bush grade on the right, he lifted off the seat briefly then plunked firmly down and straitened up his riding position, Hmm I thought he might be pulling me over? Then he signaled with his hand I thought like in parade fashion, so I dropped a gear slowing down and he snapped into my lane! OK he's pulling the rig over? Nope there was a rented out motel say 200' ahead, with a large tent set up and all the bikes lined up and covered a group had rented out the motel.

Well he again singled and made a tight, steep down grade right turn and while still on the grade, his foot on the brake, he stood, turned to the right and launched me a salute all while still rolling towards the motel wall! I can still see the larger than life smile on his face as we (eyes right) tipped back! Don't think I've mentioned this story but if I have well blame it on my maturity..

So there's something to be said about the Harley handling and balance for sure! Now if they could just figure out how to build a less clunky gear slammin gearbox;) and a muffler system that stays on...

Don't have any problems with the gear box or keeping my muffler on. Worst clunky gear box by far was my 14 Polaris Indian Chieftain I had for a very short while.

I get it WildBill, every time I mention it to a H.D. owner I get a blasting, think that's because they think us metric riders are as hard of hearing as them, long time H.D. riders are? Remember one fellow told me that his 1st gear slam is what is, expected from a well lubed well shaken tiny gear and fork - no different then a well oiled hinge on a spring loaded door;)

Of course he had quite a few miles on his like 12,000 ish, not including trailered miles of course.. Just teasin