IGNORED

Do these lights look terribly stupid???

• 2 months later...

I read your post about using battery operated bicycle lights. Here's MY solution for cornering, daytime visibility and night-time deer avoidance lights: LED Aux lights I bought from (wait for it) JC Whitney for my Jeep then wound up not using. $44 in 2013.

My bike is same as yours, including color and these lights seem to disappear against the bike as background when they're turned off and throw a wide flat "cone" or "fan" pattern to the sides when on. They've stood up to vibration very well, use less than 3 amps (fuse size for both) and are a true pain to clean the bugs off of . They mount on the standard VentureLine Horn/Light mount that came with the bike so no fab was required. I -DID- wire them through a relay from the Aux fuse and a switch powered by the headlight to activate the relay (after being told "your lights are on" while walking away from the bike 1 too many times...). Once adjusted down and slightly right of line of travel (both), the light fan is fairly unbroken by the forks / fender and extends at LEAST 100 feet in front of the bike without blinding oncoming traffic. Blue-ish tint makes them super visible in daylight and matches exactly with my LED headlight replacement from SuperBrightLEDs.com.

Drivers 1.jpgDrivers 2.jpgDrivers 3.jpgDrivers 4.jpgDrivers 5.jpg

Edited by ChiefCass
Add Mount