IGNORED

More Updates Today

The saddlebag lid guards and lower wind deflectors arrive yesterday. Hopefully, I will have time to install them today. Looks like installing the wind deflectors requires pulling the fairing. It will be the first time pulling it on this bike. Doesn't look like too big a job.

All the parts are here now with the exception of the driver's cup holder which is back ordered until sometime in October. I still have to figure out the best solution for the passenger cup holder.

Just took another look. Fairing does not have to be removed. Just the lowers. Only 5 screws on each side. Should be easy enough.

Edited by Freebird

The saddlebag lid guards and lower wind deflectors arrive yesterday. Hopefully, I will have time to install them today. Looks like installing the wind deflectors requires pulling the fairing. It will be the first time pulling it on this bike. Doesn't look like too big a job.

All the parts are here now with the exception of the driver's cup holder which is back ordered until sometime in October. I still have to figure out the best solution for the passenger cup holder.

Just took another look. Fairing does not have to be removed. Just the lowers. Only 5 screws on each side. Should be easy enough.

It is really easy Don. After you pull the 5 screws, there are 3 of those rubber grommet type retainers that hold it on. Piece of cake! One of your main fuse blocks is located under the left side. Just mentioned it so you’re familiar with it’s location.

OK...but it's scary. I have it loose except for what I guess is one of those rubber grommets at the bottom front. Does the entire thing pull straight out? That bottom one doesn't see to want to come loose. Does it pull out straight from the side just like the others or does it pull forward?

OK...that wasn't too bad at all. It is much easier when you take out the CORRECT bottom screw. :doh: At least I figured it out before I broke anything. So they are installed and it's all back together now.

Now I'll install the saddle bag lit protectors. Then maybe I'll be finished drilling holes in this brand new motorcycle. I hate doing that but at least Yamaha did a great job marking where to drill. Nice touch.

All done with deflectors and saddle bad lid protectors. Just need my cup holders to get here now and it will be done for now. Well....except that Nancy from Ace High Leathers and I are working on a bib/tank protector for the SVTC and Eluder. I have to get a pattern in the mail to her. After that though, I'm done. :whistling:

OK...that wasn't too bad at all. It is much easier when you take out the CORRECT bottom screw. :doh: At least I figured it out before I broke anything. So they are installed and it's all back together now.

Now I'll install the saddle bag lit protectors. Then maybe I'll be finished drilling holes in this brand new motorcycle. I hate doing that but at least Yamaha did a great job marking where to drill. Nice touch.

Yamaha did their best to make it “idiot proof”, but we all know that the “idiots” upgrade every year, so nothing is fool proof! Lol!

Glad it’s coming together for you. I like the style of the trunk rack and lid covers, but I want CHROME, so I have to pay EXTRA after I get them to have them chromed.:mo money:

LOL...yea....they have to get up earlier to fool THIS idiot. :)

I know what you mean about chrome. I had about every piece of chrome ever offered on the '05. I'm kind of liking the change though. I can always have it chromed later if I get tired of the black.

I’ve even gone so far as to discuss having the rims chromed and the black area re-painted. I think it would look SHARP with chrome next to the black. It’s ONLY $500 per rim. I’m spending my daughters inheritance! :thumbsup2: