IGNORED

Before and After Pics. Thanks for All the Help!

From this...

4500220454139381550.jpg

to this...

1631621832483667906.jpg

A month and a half of work--a couple hundred hours' worth--and lots of help from this group! Tires, bearings, valves, carbs, water pump, final drive, forks, caliper rebuild, and fuel delivery system, lots of lubing, lots of refurbishing, lots of cleaning. Thanks for all the help! After an 11-year hiatus, she rides again tomorrow.

Edited by Bob K.

Yes Bob that looked like a thorough cleaning and covering all bases in maintenance.

If I may comment on the driving lights. Nice way to fit them but I don't believe a good practice. What I have done on my touring stuff cars included is mount and angle the right side to shed towards the ditch or tree lines. The left I keep dead straight on. I like a glow off to the right not a tight spot lighting.

I enjoy my night riding even tho my risk of... is higher the solitude is welcomed.

• 2 weeks later...

She runs terrific! Unfortunately, my desire to save a few dollars during the refurb led to some necessary disassembly and replacements. I have a leaky intake manifold o-ring on #2 , a couple leaking carb drain screw o-rings, and a leaky water jacket rubber drain plug on #4 . An additional investment of about $40 up front would have saved me about 6 hours of labor. Oh well, live and learn.

Edited by Bob K.