IGNORED

1989 VR finished working on I think it's running good...

uhfradarwill

"If you wanna stop by and put a headgasket on my '97 SAAB Talledega, that would be great!"

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1j8-Nq7UxsTSDSS2ekl2MIhWy7eZaRN96

If you wanna swing by and help me replace a holed piston in my 1978 SAAB 99 Turbo, that would be great!:big-grin-emoticon:It has been sitting since 1988.

BTW: Your Venture sounds GREAT!

Edited by Prairiehammer

If you wanna swing by and help me replace a holed piston in my 1978 SAAB 99 Turbo, that would be great!:big-grin-emoticon:It has been sitting since 1988.

BTW: Your Venture sounds GREAT!

I wish we were closer. We could fix yours then mine!!

You got an golden oldie SAAB, mines the 1997 900SE Turbo Talladega edition.

There are those who love the feel of driving an older Saab and those who have never driven one!!

Thanks for the feedback on the VR.

I wish we were closer. We could fix yours then mine!!

You got an golden oldie SAAB, mines the 1997 900SE Turbo Talladega edition.

There are those who love the feel of driving an older Saab and those who have never driven one!!

Thanks for the feedback on the VR.

The SAAB was the first (and only) brand new car I have ever owned. Loved it. About ten years after I bought it, the waste gate diaphragm failed at more than 135K miles (the odometer quit maybe 15K miles before). I was unemployed and could not afford to fix the waste gate, so I would just feather the pedal watching the boost gauge to avoid over boosting. Unfortunately, one day as I floored it to overtake a car, I failed to prevent over pressuring and she began to detonate. Immediately started missing. I checked compression and found little compression in one of the cylinders. Never did pull the head to fully assess the damage. Drove it for a few weeks as was, then parked it. Been in a dry shed(s) ever since.

SAAB Wash, April 1980 (3).jpg

That is for sure a bummer. Hopefully if you decide to tear into her you can find the parts easily.

Here in MA we have several Saab specialty service shops. So if my head is cracked, a replacement can be had for $100.

Mines only been down for 2.5 months. I'll get to it before cold sets it.

I caught it at 3/4 hot with very minimal misfire and just a trace of water in the oil.

Will