United States
    OH
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ROX Risers

I've had a fairly brutal workload this week and not much time to mess with the bike. I had a short day today though. Had a stairlift install first thing this morning and got home around 2:30 to find that my ROX Risers were here. Fantastic. Saddlebag lid guards and lower wind deflectors should be here anytime but I'm OK for riding now.

It took about 15 minutes to install the risers and get them adjusted to where I think I will like them. What an amazing difference. I should be good to go now in regards to comfort. Utopia backrest, Longhorn offset highway pegs, and ROX risers are all installed. The bike feels absolutely amazing now. Can't wait to get it out on the road.

Thinking about doing another iron butt. Anybody in or around NE Ohio that wants to join me? I've done a 1,000 miler and a 1,500 miler (Saddlesore and Butt Burner) and am open to doing either one again. I did the 1,000 by myself and had company on the 1500.

Weather, if we can avoid the rain, is getting nice for a long ride.

2. Likes Greek liked this post
    United States
    NC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ROX Risers

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
    I've had a fairly brutal workload this week and not much time to mess with the bike. I had a short day today though. Had a stairlift install first thing this morning and got home around 2:30 to find that my ROX Risers were here. Fantastic. Saddlebag lid guards and lower wind deflectors should be here anytime but I'm OK for riding now.

It took about 15 minutes to install the risers and get them adjusted to where I think I will like them. What an amazing difference. I should be good to go now in regards to comfort. Utopia backrest, Longhorn offset highway pegs, and ROX risers are all installed. The bike feels absolutely amazing now. Can't wait to get it out on the road.

Thinking about doing another iron butt. Anybody in or around NE Ohio that wants to join me? I've done a 1,000 miler and a 1,500 miler (Saddlesore and Butt Burner) and am open to doing either one again. I did the 1,000 by myself and had company on the 1500.

Weather, if we can avoid the rain, is getting nice for a long ride.
    Hey Don, have you tried to open your gas tank lid since you put the risers in? I had heard from someone else who put them in that it makes fueling a bit more “gnarly”. Handlebars MUST be Centered to open it.

United States
    OH
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I remember reading about that issue but forgot about it when I installed them. Just went out and checked and yes, mine opens all the way just as it should. I'm glad because they really feel good where I have them set. I can see that if you rotated them down a bit further, the handlebars would have to be centered to clear the bars. I have plenty of clearance where mine are set. To be honest, even if they were set to where the bars had to be centered, it would still be worth it. In my opinion, these risers are an absolute necessity for this bike. It may not be the case for everyone but most of my time on the highway is spent with my feet on the highway pegs and leaned back against the backrest. Even though I have long arms, it caused really bad pain on the back side of my shoulders. Same thing was true on the RSV. My shoulder is actually still hurting a bit from my 300-mile ride the day I bought it. All the cables were also just fine. Full lock in either direction causes no binding. Nothing appears to be stretched tight.
    Last edited by Freebird; 09-14-2018 at 07:36 AM.

United States
    NC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
    Now I remember reading about that issue but forgot about it when I installed them. Just went out and checked and yes, mine opens all the way just as it should. I'm glad because they really feel good where I have them set. I can see that if you rotated them down a bit further, you the handlebars would have to be centered to clear the bars. I have plenty of clearance where mine are set. To be honest, even if they were set to where the bars had to be centered, it would still be worth it. In my opinion, these risers are an absolute necessity for this bike. It may not be the case for everyone but most of my time on the highway is spent with my feet on the highway pegs and leaned back against the backrest. Even though I have long arms, it caused really bad pain on the back side of my shoulders. Same thing was true on the RSV. My shoulder is actually still hurting a bit from my 300-mile ride the day I bought it. All the cables were also just fine. Full lock in either direction causes no binding. Nothing appears to be stretched tight.
    Thats a GOOD thing! Was wondering about the cables too. That’s good info to have. Thanks for putting it out there.

Canada
    AB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is everyone going with the 2" Rox Risers?

United States
    MI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Glenabby View Post
    Is everyone going with the 2" Rox Risers?
    Not everyone. I prefer mine as low as they will go without the cables hitting the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

United States
    MI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do the risers affect the use of the mirrors, if any?

United States
    CA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I raised my bars a little bit, they are pretty wide and long. Didn't have much of an issue with doing that but now you got me wondering about the difference between simply raising the bars vs Rox risers?

Any thoughts on that, why is one better than the other?