IGNORED

ROX Risers

I've had a fairly brutal workload this week and not much time to mess with the bike. I had a short day today though. Had a stairlift install first thing this morning and got home around 2:30 to find that my ROX Risers were here. Fantastic. Saddlebag lid guards and lower wind deflectors should be here anytime but I'm OK for riding now.

It took about 15 minutes to install the risers and get them adjusted to where I think I will like them. What an amazing difference. I should be good to go now in regards to comfort. Utopia backrest, Longhorn offset highway pegs, and ROX risers are all installed. The bike feels absolutely amazing now. Can't wait to get it out on the road.

Thinking about doing another iron butt. Anybody in or around NE Ohio that wants to join me? I've done a 1,000 miler and a 1,500 miler (Saddlesore and Butt Burner) and am open to doing either one again. I did the 1,000 by myself and had company on the 1500.

Weather, if we can avoid the rain, is getting nice for a long ride.

I've had a fairly brutal workload this week and not much time to mess with the bike. I had a short day today though. Had a stairlift install first thing this morning and got home around 2:30 to find that my ROX Risers were here. Fantastic. Saddlebag lid guards and lower wind deflectors should be here anytime but I'm OK for riding now.

It took about 15 minutes to install the risers and get them adjusted to where I think I will like them. What an amazing difference. I should be good to go now in regards to comfort. Utopia backrest, Longhorn offset highway pegs, and ROX risers are all installed. The bike feels absolutely amazing now. Can't wait to get it out on the road.

Thinking about doing another iron butt. Anybody in or around NE Ohio that wants to join me? I've done a 1,000 miler and a 1,500 miler (Saddlesore and Butt Burner) and am open to doing either one again. I did the 1,000 by myself and had company on the 1500.

Weather, if we can avoid the rain, is getting nice for a long ride.

Hey Don, have you tried to open your gas tank lid since you put the risers in? I had heard from someone else who put them in that it makes fueling a bit more “gnarly”. Handlebars MUST be Centered to open it.

Now I remember reading about that issue but forgot about it when I installed them. Just went out and checked and yes, mine opens all the way just as it should. I'm glad because they really feel good where I have them set. I can see that if you rotated them down a bit further, the handlebars would have to be centered to clear the bars. I have plenty of clearance where mine are set. To be honest, even if they were set to where the bars had to be centered, it would still be worth it. In my opinion, these risers are an absolute necessity for this bike. It may not be the case for everyone but most of my time on the highway is spent with my feet on the highway pegs and leaned back against the backrest. Even though I have long arms, it caused really bad pain on the back side of my shoulders. Same thing was true on the RSV. My shoulder is actually still hurting a bit from my 300-mile ride the day I bought it. All the cables were also just fine. Full lock in either direction causes no binding. Nothing appears to be stretched tight.

Edited by Freebird

Now I remember reading about that issue but forgot about it when I installed them. Just went out and checked and yes, mine opens all the way just as it should. I'm glad because they really feel good where I have them set. I can see that if you rotated them down a bit further, you the handlebars would have to be centered to clear the bars. I have plenty of clearance where mine are set. To be honest, even if they were set to where the bars had to be centered, it would still be worth it. In my opinion, these risers are an absolute necessity for this bike. It may not be the case for everyone but most of my time on the highway is spent with my feet on the highway pegs and leaned back against the backrest. Even though I have long arms, it caused really bad pain on the back side of my shoulders. Same thing was true on the RSV. My shoulder is actually still hurting a bit from my 300-mile ride the day I bought it. All the cables were also just fine. Full lock in either direction causes no binding. Nothing appears to be stretched tight.

Thats a GOOD thing! Was wondering about the cables too. That’s good info to have. Thanks for putting it out there.

• 1 year later...

I raised my bars a little bit, they are pretty wide and long. Didn't have much of an issue with doing that but now you got me wondering about the difference between simply raising the bars vs Rox risers?

Any thoughts on that, why is one better than the other?

• 1 month later...
I raised my bars a little bit, they are pretty wide and long. Didn't have much of an issue with doing that but now you got me wondering about the difference between simply raising the bars vs Rox risers?

Any thoughts on that, why is one better than the other?

With the ROX they allow you to raise them of course but you can also pull them back a bit toward you as well. I installed them on mine and was able to raise them enough and pull them back toward me so I'm sitting more straight backed instead of hunched over trying to reach for the bars.

• 1 month later...
Now I remember reading about that issue but forgot about it when I installed them. Just went out and checked and yes, mine opens all the way just as it should. I'm glad because they really feel good where I have them set. I can see that if you rotated them down a bit further, the handlebars would have to be centered to clear the bars. I have plenty of clearance where mine are set. To be honest, even if they were set to where the bars had to be centered, it would still be worth it. In my opinion, these risers are an absolute necessity for this bike. It may not be the case for everyone but most of my time on the highway is spent with my feet on the highway pegs and leaned back against the backrest. Even though I have long arms, it caused really bad pain on the back side of my shoulders. Same thing was true on the RSV. My shoulder is actually still hurting a bit from my 300-mile ride the day I bought it. All the cables were also just fine. Full lock in either direction causes no binding. Nothing appears to be stretched tight.

Rox Risers is one of the best mods you can do on a bike. I’ll never take them off. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk