IGNORED

1983 Venture, Royal??

Well, around here $850 for a running Venture with a clean title in good cosmetic condition is a good deal. I just missed a deal on a non running '83 Royale in very good cosmetic condition for $500.00 I hesitated because the guy did not have a title and it was gone the next day.

If you do buy it (and it looks like a great deal) check the VIN and compare it to the title. 83's didn't come in blue, so at least the plastic has been replaced. I purchased a new 83, and the standards came in marron (ok, Yamaha called it some shade of red) and black, while all the Royales were yellow.

If you do buy it (and it looks like a great deal) check the VIN and compare it to the title. 83's didn't come in blue, so at least the plastic has been replaced. I purchased a new 83, and the standards came in marron (ok, Yamaha called it some shade of red) and black, while all the Royales were yellow.

Mine is an 83 Royale, and it's Maroon, definitely not Yellow

IMG_0283.jpg

Mine is an 83 Royale, and it's Maroon, definitely not Yellow

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114473

frankd is correct, the 1983 Royale (XVZ12TDK) came only in Alluvial Gold/Silky Gold (his version of "yellow".

While your bike has a 1983 instrument panel, the color is not correct for a factory 1983 Royale. Also, the Royale has the CLASS from the factory, while yours shows the Schrader valve in the steering head crown, just as a Standard would have. ALL Venture Royales came with Mitsubishi audio (cassette and AM/FM radio) and CLASS as standard from the factory.

The only definitive way to know what your Venture was built as is by the VIN/frame number. Royale badges can be applied to any model, plastic pieces swapped or repainted, etc.

*EDIT*: Paul, I just looked at your submission of the VIN for my database and your VIN confirms that you have a 1983 STANDARD (XVZ12TK). Not a Royale. Someone has put the "Royale" badge on your top cover. The badges are just applied with double faced foam tape.

Another clue to your bike being a Standard and not a Royale is the single color paint (New Ruby Red). All Royales came with two tone paint.

1983 brochure.jpg1983 brochure 1d.jpg1983-1984 Royale.jpg

Edited by Prairiehammer

frankd is correct, the 1983 Royale (XVZ12TDK) came only in Alluvial Gold/Silky Gold (his version of "yellow".

While your bike has a 1983 instrument panel, the color is not correct for a factory 1983 Royale. Also, the Royale has the CLASS from the factory, while yours shows the Schrader valve in the steering head crown, just as a Standard would have. ALL Venture Royales came with Mitsubishi audio (cassette and AM/FM radio) and CLASS as standard from the factory.

The only definitive way to know what your Venture was built as is by the VIN/frame number. Royale badges can be applied to any model, plastic pieces swapped or repainted, etc.

Interesting indeed. Not that I ever called mine a Royale, so you think someone stuck that emblem on it?

So here's my Vin, 1/83, JYA26H004DA000441, any help here?

It certainly seems to be the original color, and some side pieces have stickers inside them stating 83 as well.

Interesting indeed. Not that I ever called mine a Royale, so you think someone stuck that emblem on it?

So here's my Vin, 1/83, JYA26H004DA000441, any help here?

It certainly seems to be the original color, and some side pieces have stickers inside them stating 83 as well.

Like I said, your VIN indicates that it is a 1983 Standard. I agree, like I said, it appears to be the original color for a 1983 Standard with "New Ruby Red" paint.

Is there "Royale" badges placed on the sides of the saddlebags or are there "XVZ12" badges on the saddlebags?

Like I said, your VIN indicates that it is a 1983 Standard. I agree, like I said, it appears to be the original color for a 1983 Standard with "New Ruby Red" paint.

Is there "Royale" badges placed on the sides of the saddlebags or are there "XVZ12" badges on the saddlebags?

You are correct indeed. My bags have XVZ12 on them. Thanks for clarifying

• 4 weeks later...