IGNORED

Wind deflectors

I've been looking at attaching wind deflectors to the lower section of my fairing like I have seen on some other ventures. I've only seen them in pictures and I can't tell how they attach to the fairing. Could someone who has them attached to their bike tell me how they attach to the existing fairing? Do I need any other hardware besides the deflectors to attach them to the fairing? I have noticed that I get quite a bit of wind from under the fairing that comes right up into my chest. It's fine right now but I can see it as a problem when it gets cooler outside. Thanks.

'

They attach to the front crash bars with a special clamp. here are some pics from my long gone 07 Venture.

Thanks for the picks. I wouldn't mind getting those wind deflectors also but I was talking about the deflectors that attach to the bottom of the upper fairing. I would also like to get the deflectors that attach to the forks. Not sure how those attach either. There doesn't seem to be any point on the fork to attach them so I'm assuming that extra hardware is needed for those.

I have a spare set of OEM fork deflectors. I replaced mine with stainless. If you need a set, let me know and we can see what we can work out.

I may take you up on that. Right now I am looking at the fairing deflectors but I would like to add the fork deflectors also. I'm not sure how the fork deflectors attach. Do you have all the hardware for them? I don't see anything on my bike that they would attach to. I have a set of fairing deflectors I can purchase but I didn't want to buy them until I know how they attach. The ones I'm looking at are the deflectors only.

Those are stock deflectors that come on every RSV. Apparently, yours were removed. You have to split the fairing to get to the mounting points.

Thanks Freebird. Saw your post right after I posted my last one. Yeah mine must have been removed because they aren't there along with the fork deflectors. Thanks for the response.

Free bird, what is the “correct”term for those reflectors? I need them for my 2007 RSTD.

RSTD (Tour Deluxe) doesn't have the cowling that the RSV (Venture) unless a previous owner took one from an RSV and put it on the RSTD.

The fork mounted wind deflectors attach to the brace between the forks. Should be 4 screw holes on the bottom side of the brace. I'll see if I can take and post a couple pictures tonight.

RSTD (Tour Deluxe) doesn't have the cowling that the RSV (Venture) unless a previous owner took one from an RSV and put it on the RSTD.

The fork mounted wind deflectors attach to the brace between the forks. Should be 4 screw holes on the bottom side of the brace. I'll see if I can take and post a couple pictures tonight.

I believe I found the mounting holes under the light bar. Looking at the parts diagram it looks like the hole spacing is the same size as the brackets shown on the parts diagram.