IGNORED

Horn Options

So one thing that I noticed on the SVTC is that, as usual with most bikes, the horn is very wimpy. I will take a closer look today but have any of you looked at adding a louder horn yet? It is not my top priority but will need to be done. I don't know why the manufacturers don't realize how important a really good horn is.

So one thing that I noticed on the SVTC is that, as usual with most bikes, the horn is very wimpy. I will take a closer look today but have any of you looked at adding a louder horn yet? It is not my top priority but will need to be done. I don't know why the manufacturers don't realize how important a really good horn is.

Absolutely! I’ve installed a WOLO Bad Boy air horn in the stock mounting position using the stock bracket with a minor modification. Was able to get it at Harbor Freight for about $34.

I may still have a new Stebel Nautilus horn in my bag of tricks somewhere. I put one in the horn spot you could see on the right side of the RSTD using the Carbon one polished bracket and relay harness and never put the second one inside the fairing lower on the left side. Let me put my hands on it, and when I do you are welcome to it. Just taking up space.

• 2 weeks later...
Absolutely! I’ve installed a WOLO Bad Boy air horn in the stock mounting position using the stock bracket with a minor modification. Was able to get it at Harbor Freight for about $34.

Do you by chance have a picture of that horn as well as a picture of it mounted on the bike?

Do you by chance have a picture of that horn as well as a picture of it mounted on the bike?

For just a pic of the horn, just look up “WOLO Bad Boy”. I was able to use the stock horn mounting bracket with slight modification. You have to rotate it 90 degrees and cut a new slot for the locking tab and also put about a 30 degree bend in it that moves it farther away from the front wheel. If you don’t do that, your brake lines coming down to the front wheel will rub on it. Even though the SVTC stock horn has a relay used, the circuit will not handle the load and you’ll blow a fuse behind the left fairing cover. Trust me, I KNOW!

Here’s about the best pic I could get of it mounted.

3_AD10_FE6-1273-44_A3-9_DC6-539852_F1_DF8_F.jpg

DDCE9_A99-_BDB3-4_F09-_BDD8-740_BC4808_B87.jpg

Hopefully the video link to my YouTube channel shows up.

Edited by ChiefGunner

For just a pic of the horn, just look up “WOLO Bad Boy”. I was able to use the stock horn mounting bracket with slight modification. You have to rotate it 90 degrees and cut a new slot for the locking tab and also put about a 30 degree bend in it that moves it farther away from the front wheel. If you don’t do that, your brake lines coming down to the front wheel will rub on it. Even though the SVTC stock horn has a relay used, the circuit will not handle the load and you’ll blow a fuse behind the left fairing cover. Trust me, I KNOW!

Here’s about the best pic I could get of it mounted.

https://s20.postimg.cc/duo56k219/3_AD10_FE6-1273-44_A3-9_DC6-539852_F1_DF8_F.jpg

https://s20.postimg.cc/qm2bd2jj1/DDCE9_A99-_BDB3-4_F09-_BDD8-740_BC4808_B87.jpg

Hopefully the video link to my YouTube channel shows up.

excellent, thank you