IGNORED

Member Down

If you are so inclined to do so, please keep member Motiv (Paul Heiba) in your prayers. Paul and his wife Julie were returning from a fantastic ride up into the Nova Scotia area and somewhere around Corning, NY, he had a blowout on his rear tire. Back end got real loose and though he got slowed down a good bit, he finally lost control. He managed to get off the pavement I think but am not sure. They went down pretty hard it sound like. Julie escaped with some road rash to her face. Paul was knocked unconscious and doesn't remember exactly everything that happened.

They airlifted Paul to a hospital in Sayer, PA because they thought he might have ruptured his spleen and thought that they would have to do surgery. Upon further tests, it was decided that it was possibly cut and damaged but they think it will heal. He does have some broken ribs and a broken collarbone.

He felt well enough to call me from the hospital but he was obviously shaken as I would have been. Bike is likely totalled but that is a minor thing. The important thing is that they will both be OK and hopefully home in a day or two. I offered to drive there and bring them home, he lives just a few miles from me, but he said that arrangements had already been made to get home.

I pray for their quick recovery and give thanks that things weren't much worse.

They got home on Monday night. Julie has some road rash and Paul has some cracked ribs and I think he said a cracked collarbone. Also some damage to his spleen but they think it is going to heal on its own. So they are a bit beat up but were really pretty lucky. Bike is also home but likely totaled.