IGNORED

Shop upgrade

dna9656

Well my beautiful wife and I got the "OLD 60" LED TV" up on the wall in the shop! Soon I'll be looking at the Yamaha manual in beautiful 60" LED splendor! I have to set up the computer and that involves find a home (place to put it) along with the two stereo tuners I have out there. I won't need an antenna as we can listen to our favorite radio stations via the internet! I have a CAT 5 line running under ground out to the shop. Pics when I'm further along!

I'm thinking that a good shop needs to have dirty floors, cobwebs in the corners, lots of cobwebs, parts in all the spots not covered by running apparatus, lights here and more lights there with no real way to turn them off individually maybe, tools everywhere with an empty tool chest, left over pieces of projects long gone into history but yet could be handy somewhere down the road, a source of heating the place (best a wood fired stove) an old chair or two that will handle the bulk and weight of anybody, but that nobody ever uses,,,,,,, sorry, no pictures! and oH a fridge, doesn't have to work real well, but it's good for looks (everybody gets to look in it)

I'm thinking that a good shop needs to have dirty floors, cobwebs in the corners, lots of cobwebs, parts in all the spots not covered by running apparatus, lights here and more lights there with no real way to turn them off individually maybe, tools everywhere with an empty tool chest, left over pieces of projects long gone into history but yet could be handy somewhere down the road, a source of heating the place (best a wood fired stove) an old chair or two that will handle the bulk and weight of anybody, but that nobody ever uses,,,,,,, sorry, no pictures! and oH a fridge, doesn't have to work real well, but it's good for looks (everybody gets to look in it)

Dang it Carl you just described what my shop looks like. Except I have two chairs.

Well my beautiful wife and I got the "OLD 60" LED TV" up on the wall in the shop! Soon I'll be looking at the Yamaha manual in beautiful 60" LED splendor! I have to set up the computer and that involves find a home (place to put it) along with the two stereo tuners I have out there. I won't need an antenna as we can listen to our favorite radio stations via the internet! I have a CAT 5 line running under ground out to the shop. Pics when I'm further along!

Goodness! Sounds like your shop has more tech than my house! LOL & as VanRiver said.....

I'm thinking that a good shop needs to have dirty floors, cobwebs in the corners, lots of cobwebs, parts in all the spots not covered by running apparatus, lights here and more lights there with no real way to turn them off individually maybe, tools everywhere with an empty tool chest, left over pieces of projects long gone into history but yet could be handy somewhere down the road, a source of heating the place (best a wood fired stove) an old chair or two that will handle the bulk and weight of anybody, but that nobody ever uses,,,,,,, sorry, no pictures! and OH a fridge, doesn't have to work real well, but it's good for looks (everybody gets to look in it)

I have a fridge, microwave, a coffee pot,a butcher block work bench from Costco (too nice to work on, ya know?), TWO (count them TWO) HF motorcycle lifts, a floor jack that is strong enough to lift what I am responsible for, a steel work bench, roll about tool box from HF, it has 3 drawers and bottom shelf and a closable top with the drop down side table, I have a stainless steel tool box (bought before I married said beautiful wife), my air hose (supplied by a 80 gal. Campbell Hausfield compressor that's out side the shop) is on a retractable reel like you find in a professional shop, I have the 60" LED and a computer on it so I can view the manuals on it VS. the little pics in the service manuals. I can also go on line and look up parts, find help (like I find here so often!) and soon it will be heated so I can be out there for more than a half hour in the winter! We have a table saw, drill press, skil saws, sanders, heat gun, numerous other power tools. She's helping sort out and place into those little drawers thousands of screws, nails, etc!

Nearly all of this is because my wife supports my hobbies (I have a guitar or two...) and for some reason loves me very much.

Most humbling.

I am very thankful of and for her!

She's the BEST!

13346777_10153902410483778_4316864002979645733_n.jpg

IMG_20180313_043423081.jpg

Edited by dna9656

I'm thinking ...:backinmyday:...:confused07:...:think:....that a good shop needs to have dirty floors, cobwebs in the corners, lots of cobwebs, parts in all the spots not covered by running apparatus, lights here and more lights there with no real way to turn them off individually maybe, tools everywhere with an empty tool chest, left over pieces of projects long gone into history but yet could be handy somewhere down the road, a source of heating the place (best a wood fired stove) an old chair or two that will handle the bulk and weight of anybody, but that nobody ever uses,,,,,,, sorry, no pictures! and oH a fridge, doesn't have to work real well, but it's good for looks (everybody gets to look in it)

I knew my garage was missing something.:doh:....The Darn frig :bang head: