IGNORED

Darksiding '18 Venture/Eluder

--

This is great news. There are at least two bikes now that have done this size so I don't expect not to use the 205 when I replace my OEM. Do you realize you paid $300. less than a new OEM from a dealer? In addition, I suspect the tire will outperform the mc tire in all aspects.

(By the way, was it easier to get the wheel off with your bike laying on its side?)

--

I turned the whole garage on its side

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't see where it mentions that being a run flat? Not sure if it would matter to me but just curious. $58.00 a tire is certainly a great price. It shows an overall height of 24.9. That should be OK too. Let us know how it works out for you.

You are correct this tire is not a run flat. I may look into one next time. so far 700 miles and great ride

• 2 weeks later...
You are correct this tire is not a run flat. I may look into one next time. so far 700 miles and great ride

--

I hope you will keep track of the wear by using a depth gauge rather than "it looks like new" which isn't real accurate. I want to know how it is for you by next spring. Early next summer I'll be getting my new rear. I want the run flat ability, but this tire at less than half the price is tempting too. If so, I would run Ride_On sealant in it for balance and protection from punctures. I do have an aftermarket tpms since my Eluder doesn't come with a factory set up for tire pressure monitoring.

--

• 6 months later...

I would love to see updates on this. I ran a CT on my Gen 2 for 20K or more. Only reason for the change back to an MC was a break down on a trip and the shop it was towed to would not even work on it with a CT. I would go back to a CT without hesitation if I have solid references to a CT Brand/Model.

I would love to see updates on this. I ran a CT on my Gen 2 for 20K or more. Only reason for the change back to an MC was a break down on a trip and the shop it was towed to would not even work on it with a CT. I would go back to a CT without hesitation if I have solid references to a CT Brand/Model.

Asked and answered...

20181013_172944.jpg I still don't understand this tool turning the photo... anyway 3000 miles on the darkside on this tire and 20190511_073824.jpg 20190511_073831.jpg with all the dang rain only 3000 miles on this tire so far but still 8/32 tread in all grooves.

Thanks for the update Greek. I understand the rain issue. I'd ride in about any weather but I have an agreement with my wife. Finished a 2200 miler last Saturday, with the exception of some local hops Last Sunday today is the first day on the bike to work.

Asked and answered...

... I still don't understand this tool turning the photo... anyway 3000 miles on the darkside on this tire and ... with all the dang rain only 3000 miles on this tire so far but still 8/32 tread in all grooves.

--

Your tire started out with 10/32" of tread. 3000 miles and you've used 2/32". That's only 12,000 miles to get to 2/32". Not good compared to most riders on car tires. But then that might be why the tire is so cheap. Most folks are getting over 20,000 miles on some like the Driveguard, but they cost around $141. or so.

One thing we always need to factor in too is the cost of shipping, taxes, mounting and weight method. It all adds up.

--

• 4 months later...

I am at 21,000+ miles on my Venture, have had the bike since May. Rear MC tires are averaging 10,000 per. Have purchased 2 of the 200/60R16 from Dennis Kirk, $140 ea. Front tire would have gone farther than 20k miles but changed it along with the latest rear. Having run darkside on my 1300, I will be going that route after this rear is worn. Like most, it has been difficult to find an installer. I am not adverse to spending $150 for a tire provided I can get around 20K out of it. One of the things I also look for is tire weight as CT can run from 18lbs to 25 lbs. Trying to stay to the bottom end of the weight scale.

From what I’ve read on this forum and after talking to a co- worker who has been on the darkside on this Goldwing, it really is a win win situation. Everything positive comments on his part and he gets a LOT more miles on his rear tire. The only thing for his Honda is that there will almost be no Honda dealer that will install a CT for him. He has to go to an independent Harley mechanic to get it mounted. With the size tire the SVTC has and the almost negligible lower tire (CT), I think it is the way to go on these Heavy cruiser/touring as long as you can find a reputable business that will install the CT for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...
Asked and answered...

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116387 I still don't understand this tool turning the photo... anyway 3000 miles on the darkside on this tire and https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116388 https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116389 with all the dang rain only 3000 miles on this tire so far but still 8/32 tread in all grooves.

Greek, what pressure are you running in this tire?