IGNORED

Metzler ME888 & Shinko 777 tires

Du-Rron

Interesting . His last comment about it (Shinko) being hard to spoon doesn't sit well.... @cowpuc had no problem with mine. Of course, Puc has lots of experience so his technique, that he explained/showed to me, is no doubt better than most! I really liked that tire on the RSV. I regret we didn't do a video of how he changed out the rear tire....it was priceless...

I installed Shinko 777s in May without a problem. I have a shop sized tire changer for trailers and motorcycles. It is 16" maximum and works great. Had it for eight years, and I use Dyna Beads exclusively for balance, I have never had a problem.

:farmer:

I like the Shinko 777. Just installed one on my Victory XCT. I am having a small interference issue, but it wouldn't effect you guys. I went from a 180/60-16 to a 180/65-16 Shinko. The being hard to spoon may be because it is a reinforced tire and the sidewall is pretty stiff. But I didnt really have much trouble either. A little dish soap/water mix and no problem.

I'm running the 777 front and rear now. I think there great on our bikes. the rear so far has outlasted another tire i've put on and still sticks like glue, I know these are touring bikes but I grew up in the dirt and I push her hard!!! I have the scars on the running boards to prove it ( not as many as the TD but they are there)

What I like is the way the tread is. It allows the water to get out of the center. With as much rain as we get and I seem to find most times when I go out it helps it not hydroplane. I saw a you tube video that a fellow was explaining that this type tread patter is less likely to develop that "howl" the E3 gets when worn.