IGNORED

Who needs first gen stuff?

I have given up thinking I would find another first gen. So I find I need a home for faring, lowers, sides, tank cover, bags, trunk, seat, windshield, mufflers and tips, even rims and tires. And probably some other stuff like radiators and assorted gaskets and what have you if anyone needs it/them. It is all off my old 91. All in good shape. I cannot afford to pay boxing and shipping though. I am in/around Fayetteville, NC if you are close or do not mind paying boxing and shipping.

Contact me!

Steve (hdhtr) DuBois

Fayetteville, NC

Edited by Out of the woods

This is a kind offer. Just wanted to clarify a bit. This is a longtime previous member who no longer rides. He has parts to get rid of and because he is no longer a supporting member, wasn't able to list his FREE parts in the classifieds. He was kind enough to contact me and ask how to proceed and I suggested placing them in this forum area. So please know that you are dealing with a person who is known to the VentureRider family.

Edited by Freebird

This is a kind offer. Just wanted to clarify a bit. This is a longtime previous member who no longer rides. He has parts to get rid of and because he is no longer a supporting member, wasn't able to put list his FREE parts in the classifieds. He was kind enough to contact me and ask how to proceed and I suggested placing them in this forum area. So please know that you are dealing with a person who is known to the VentureRider family.

Well Don. I do still ride it is just an 08 RSV ... but you are right, riding that RSV compared to a first gen is like I no longer ride!! :)

Well Don. I do still ride it is just an 08 RSV ... but you are right, riding that RSV compared to a first gen is like I no longer ride!! :)

Hey Steve,

Just fired off a note to Zzyzx Ed Williams. He could use a few parts and now lives in Tennessee. MOF he has my old gold '83VR. And I assume the scoot on the right is the one your parts

came off??? Ed and Patty just stopped by for a visit a couple of days ago, and are out touring... and I think...heading back to the barn, so he may not respond right away.

http://www.cast-aways.com/vr91vs83.JPG

Edited by Condor

Goodness Jack. When was that? 03 or 04?? And how have you been? We do miss you guys out there. Thought many times we need to head back out there but other than a visit I doubt we will ever move back much as I would like to. When were we out there last? 2012 or so?

These two bikes. You remember Susanville when we were running across the high desert at triple digits? Riding and eating and lots of fellowship. Do you remember cops donuts? Lot of time in the office back then ehh?

I think I have promised the fairing and lowers. I still have lots of plastic though.

You should come out ... what else you got to do anyway?

Goodness Jack. When was that? 03 or 04?? And how have you been? We do miss you guys out there. Thought many times we need to head back out there but other than a visit I doubt we will ever move back much as I would like to. When were we out there last? 2012 or so?

These two bikes. You remember Susanville when we were running across the high desert at triple digits? Riding and eating and lots of fellowship. Do you remember cops donuts? Lot of time in the office back then ehh?

I think I have promised the fairing and lowers. I still have lots of plastic though.

You should come out ... what else you got to do anyway?

It was back there somewhere...?? I think it was after the board crashed in '06 though?? I started to look at the pic closely and all of the vehicles are gone.. The last time we rubbed elbows was when we had dinner at the Red Robbin. If you ever get back into town to visit the kids give me a shout and we'll do it again.... And yep I remember the triple digit run to Susanville. We brought them down to 105 every once in a while. I loved those bikes.. :-) Cops has gone out of biz, then a high end restaurant opened and they are now gone. The Office is even leveled.... We had a great time back then.....!!!

I've been giving a 2019 ride about some thought... Just depends on what I feel like after getting an Angiogram/plasty. The doc thinks I need to check things out for heart blockages... Maybe next summer I'll be able to hit the east coast???

I've been giving a 2019 ride about some thought... Just depends on what I feel like after getting an Angiogram/plasty. The doc thinks I need to check things out for heart blockages... Maybe next summer I'll be able to hit the east coast???

Well Jack, get your ticker in shape, I will meet you half way. Bring you in. :)

Well Jack, get your ticker in shape, I will meet you half way. Bring you in. :)

That sounds like a plan... I have family in NoCarolina, plus youse'ns, and Ed in Tennessee. Cousins in Florida and Buffalo.

So that should keep me intertained... :-) My wife and I did a circumnavigation of the US back in '89. United States.gif It'd be great to do it again....

Dang!! I gotta drag the '04 trike out and start polishing... :whistling:

• 3 years later...