IGNORED

Not for me, but Marca has a different take

Marcarl

This thread is soon to be started, I just have to get the wording right.

Ahhhhh yes,,, proper wording is EVERYTHING!! This must be very difficult for you my brother seeings how you are a man of so few of them :hihi:

So,, to continue on.

There was a time a few years ago when this all took place, it almost landed me in the clinker, well at least that was the opinion of my valued companion, who by the way goes by the name of Marca. It was grand day, and I was on the way to meet with some friends with my bride at my side, it was cool but that didn't seem to bother either of us seeing as the heater seemed to be working just fine, well we were in a cage wouldn't you know!

There was a time a few years ago when this all took place, it almost landed me in the clinker, well at least that was the opinion of my valued companion.

More when I get it straight.

I am sure Marca hopes you get it straight also..........:duck:

Let's see how far we get this time. Marca is working on getting the trailer ready so she might not miss me for a couple of minutes,,, so where were we? Oh Ya!

There was a time a few years ago when this all took place, it almost landed me in the clinker, well at least that was the opinion of my valued companion, who by the way goes by the name of Marca. It was grand day, and I was on the way to meet with some friends with my bride at my side, it was cool but that didn't seem to bother either of us seeing as the heater seemed to be working just fine, well we were in a cage wouldn't you know! We had to wait in line at the border and as usual, without Wizard765 to take the blame, I\We chose the slow line, you know the line that seems to be the quickest with the least amount of cars, but has a slowed down processor in the booth? Well that's the one we got,,maybe a good thing, for in the end we did actually make it through in one piece so to speak.

Sorry Mr. Dawson if this reads a bit different than what you think you heard, but it now needs to be the real version as it actually happened seeing as it's on paper so to speak.

Anyways, this story isn't over yet, the best is still to come.

Finally we get to the booth to declare our innocence and the reason for our desire to enter into a foreign country for a stay of less than a day. We had to hand over our identification and our passports seemed to do that trick alright, step one in the right direction. Then came the question period, you know, that's when you get asked things like, where are you going, how long are you staying, who do you know, how much money have you got, any tobacco or liquor, any fruits or meat, are you married, is this your present spouse, license plate number, what kind of bike to you ride, do you like it, are you buying anything, any drugs, what's in your trunk? We'd had a long wait, and I was ready with all the answers, Marca was nervous because she just never knows what that husband of hers might come up with and let out the front door.

So!

where are you going, the USA I think how long are you staying, til we come back who do you know, you don't want to know, how much money have you got, hopefully enough, any tobacco or liquor, nope, smoked it all and drank it all waiting for you, any fruits or meat, none, are you married, was up til now, is this your present spouse, I look over and decide that it is the right one and declare that to be the case, license plate number, it's on the back and on the front, which one can't you read, what kind of bike to you ride, a real bike, Yamaha Venture of course, do you like it, funny question, why would I have it if I didn't, are you buying anything, I'm of Dutch decent, so not if I can help it, any drugs, not with my wife around, what's in your trunk, now he's getting personal.

In the end I was over prepared.

Let's see if you can find the rest believable.

There was a time a few years ago when this all took place, it almost landed me in the clinker, well at least that was the opinion of my valued companion, who by the way goes by the name of Marca. It was grand day, and I was on the way to meet with some friends with my bride at my side, it was cool but that didn't seem to bother either of us, seeing as the heater seemed to be working just fine, well we were in a cage wouldn't you know! We had to wait in line at the border and as usual, and without Wizard765 to take the blame, I\We chose the slow line, you know the line that seems to be the quickest with the least amount of cars, but has a slowed down processor in the booth? Well that's the one we got,,maybe a good thing, for in the end we did actually make it through in one piece so to speak.

Sorry Mr. Dawson if this reads a bit different than what you think you heard, but it now needs to be the real version as it actually happened seeing as it's on paper so to speak.

Anyways, this story isn't over yet, the best is still to come.

Finally we get to the booth to declare our innocence and the reason for our desire to enter into a foreign country for a stay of less than a day. We had to hand over our identification and our passports seemed to do that trick alright, step one in the right direction. Then came the question period, you know, that's when you get asked things like, where are you going, how long are you staying, who do you know, how much money have you got, any tobacco or liquor, any fruits or meat, are you married, is this your present spouse, license plate number, what kind of bike to you ride, do you like it, are you buying anything, any drugs, what's in your trunk? We'd had a long wait, and I was ready with all the answers, Marca was nervous because she just never knows what that husband of hers might come up with and let out the front door.

So!

where are you going, the USA I think how long are you staying, til we come back who do you know, you don't want to know, how much money have you got, hopefully enough, any tobacco or liquor, nope, smoked it all and drank it all waiting for you, any fruits or meat, none, are you married, was up til now, is this your present spouse, I look over and decide that it is the right one and declare that to be the case, license plate number, it's on the back and on the front, which one can't you read, what kind of bike to you ride, a real bike, Yamaha Venture of course, do you like it, funny question, why would I have it if I didn't, are you buying anything, I'm of Dutch decent, so not if I can help it, any drugs, not with my wife around, what's in your trunk, now he's getting personal.

In the end I was over prepared.

We finally got our turn at digging up the right answers and rolled into the custom immigration booth, not that we are custom, kind of ordinary actually, nor were we trying to immigrate, but there is no other way to get south of the line, so we go on. Nice guy, that feller in the booth, but he didn't talk that well. When he spoke his head was turned toward his computer thingy, and a number of times I had to ask him to repeat. He must of thought I was hard of hearing and he did seem to be getting a little frustrated with me for asking him to repeat himself, but hey,, what was I to do, just give him an answer in the lineup I had in my head? No, that wouldn't do, I might be saying no to the spouse question and yes to the booze question. Nothing to do but be kind and not get nervous. The first thing he asked was: citizenship?--Canadian,,,, where do you live?--Brantford,,,,,, anything tobacco or alcohol?--none,,,,, where are you going?--Arcade,,,,,, how long are you staying?-- just for the day,,,,, for what reason?--having dinner with friends,,,,, (I was seeing that statement didn't go down well), how do you know these friends?--we belong to the same motorcycle gang,,,,,, (oh crap!!!!! that didn't sit well at all, especially with the occupant next door) and I did get a rather interesting stare from the booth person for a second or two. Glad he took some time to look at me, for now he could see that there was no evil bone in my body and that I looked (I said looked) rather harmless and innocent. I did comb my hair that morning I think. Anyways, at that point I don't think he believed me altogether, so he quizzed me about my bike, the kind it was etc and what the name of the was of the group I belonged to. He then handed me our passports back and said: Have a good trip and enjoy the get-together with your motorcycle GANG, and I looked at Marca and said: SEE HE SAID IT TOO!!!

I hope this version was at least somewhat close to the original, after all, it's now recorded.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1