IGNORED

Shinko 777 Stuff

Du-Rron

I ran a set of shinko 230s a few years ago. Great tire. Excellent grip wet or dry. I run six gap and dragons tail and drug holes in my exhaust and trimmed my subframe a little on my Suzuki 800. My riding partner had metzler 880s that started cupping badly. I ran 888s on my Vulcan 1500. Dry grip was good, wear was better. Scary in the rain. I drug hard parts on that bike too with the metzlers. My personal experience with shinko was good enough I’ll put a set on whatever tourer I buy.

Robert, I've got a set of Shinko Tour Master (230 I believe) I took off my "new" RSTD last year. They only have a bit over 1000 miles on them. Previous owner put them on to sell it.

I did not care for them, put on Michelins C2.

I've had them on the Classifieds here, free, for a month and no takers. These fit a 2nd gen stock size,,,, but I think your profile shows 1st gen.

If you can use them, come get them, I'm at exit 92 of I-20 in SC, 20 miles east of Columbia. Could meet you in Augusta.

(see the classifieds here, I think I included pics and date codes, about 3 years old.)

My Classified post: https://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?138067-Shinko-Tourmaster-230-set-1000-mile-FREE-in-South-Carolina

Mike G in SC

Edited by Mike G in SC

Robert, I've got a set of Shinko Tour Master (230 I believe) I took off my "new" RSTD last year. They only have a bit over 1000 miles on them. Previous owner put them on to sell it.

I did not care for them, put on Michelins C2.

I've had them on the Classifieds here, free, for a month and no takers. These fit a 2nd gen stock size,,,, but I think your profile shows 1st gen.

If you can use them, come get them, I'm at exit 92 of I-20 in SC, 20 miles east of Columbia. Could meet you in Augusta.

(see the classifieds here, I think I included pics and date codes, about 3 years old.)

My Classified post: https://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?138067-Shinko-Tourmaster-230-set-1000-mile-FREE-in-South-Carolina

Mike G in SC

thanks very much! I do get out that way once in a while with work, however, the sizes changed with the generation so no dice. Thanks again! And the Michelin’s are good touring tires. I put one on the rear of my Vulcan last trip to Sturgis/Yellowstone and they did much better than the Metz 888’s. I’m just hard on tires and only use high mileage compounds for long trips.

I did not see you mention checking the neck bearings. Didja?

Take the superbrace off and see how it works...

Great idea! That was one of the first things I thought of. I installed the Furbur Fix and did triple tree maintenance about 5,000 miles ago, and am pretty confident I got it in right. No issue with the previous Avon Venom-X tires I had on. I checked the head again this time but I plan to look closer.

Is it safe to ride a bike at 70mph with the fork brace removed (assuming that's what you're suggesting)?

Is it safe to ride a bike at 70mph with the fork brace removed (assuming that's what you're suggesting)?

Yeah, the tree and the forks and the axle are all thicker than the brace. Just run it without the brace to see if there is any difference. You can put it back on when you are done.