IGNORED

Newfoundland and Labrador

I recently went on a road trip with the family, they in the minivan and me on the Venture. The termination of the trip was in Labrador, which I wouldn't recommend for a Venture. The roads were nothing but potholes and the climate was just fog and rain, when it's not snowing. Now if I ever get a crossover bike that might be a different story.

Newfoundland was much better, though still a chilly climate. We drove/rode the Viking Trail highway through the Gros Mourne park. Saw whales and a moose. That was definitely a ride worthy of a good tale. The ferry on and off the island was really interesting, though a tad pricey. BTW, the bike loved the cool weather!

Good thing you were on gen 1 venture. If any cruiser can handle off road conditions its the venture. @Trader and I once got off track Thanks to a GPS defined short cut) and ended up following a through the woods cow path then back again because though we were within throwing distance of our camp site we were cut off by a railroad track. Kinda reminded me of my old motocross days when we raced through the woods instead of a groomed track in a stadium.