IGNORED

Harley moving some production to Europe

XV1100SE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been riding M/C for close to 50 years and had Harley's for 25 of those years without a Pickup Truck. Never haul a bike when you can ride

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

I'm a die hard Venture guy but have also had many HD's thru the years and done a fair amount of cross country riding them too (in my early years) and can vouch for the same.. Vouching for Flat Heads, Shovels, Evo's and Twin Cams, they (HD's) IMHO are not that much different than any scoot,, ya gotta spin a wrench here and there, keep up on maintenance and they are capable and very fun scoots. Of course, performance wise,, our V-4's are on a different planet but that is to be expected..

I know thru the years the majority of HD's headed to the big rally out in Sturgis that are being hauled instead of ridden has been greatly increased but I got a hunch that has more to do with the type of persons we have become (people don't tent camp like they used to) and less to do with the bikes themselves.. :sign busted:

I suspect they would move production to China if they could.

I think the blow-back from their remaining customers would be too much. Europe is less of a leap then having them become "rice burners". I think if they ever produce anything anywhere in Asia and then ship them here they will have some difficulties selling.

I think we've long past the best-if-used-by date on HD flavored Kool-Aid, hell, I think we might be approaching the dusk of mainstream motorcycling altogether.

I suspect they would move production to China if they could.

I think the blow-back from their remaining customers would be too much. Europe is less of a leap then having them become "rice burners". I think if they ever produce anything anywhere in Asia and then ship them here they will have some difficulties selling.

I think we've long past the best-if-used-by date on HD flavored Kool-Aid, hell, I think we might be approaching the dusk of mainstream motorcycling altogether.

I'm with ya Casey, matter of fact I often wonder if the next big move in the industry will not be something along the line of an affordable Hybrid Gas/Electric. Something that is tourable and durable with 140 horse combined knocking down 100 plus MPG.. Even those though would still be open to the dangers of the roads that are a discouragement to the current and upcoming - fooling with electronics while driving generation.. What heck, what da hay,, maybe the next 'new ride' that catches on will be one that levitates or buzzing around in drones..:big-grin-emoticon:

I'm with ya Casey, matter of fact I often wonder if the next big move in the industry will not be something along the line of an affordable Hybrid Gas/Electric. Something that is tourable and durable with 140 horse combined knocking down 100 plus MPG.. Even those though would still be open to the dangers of the roads that are a discouragement to the current and upcoming - fooling with electronics while driving generation.. What heck, what da hay,, maybe the next 'new ride' that catches on will be one that levitates or buzzing around in drones..:big-grin-emoticon:

U

I have heard (but don't know how true it is) that many HD bikes have been for some time merely assembled in America, with parts being shipped from all over the world.

When I was a kid my parents bought me a CCM bicycle. They were made in a town 20 minutes away and I took pride in that. I Knew of a few of my friends dads who worked the.

so the bikes were made there

Later on they just assembled them there

Later on it was just a wharehouse where the received and shipped bikes

Now CCM is gone from the local economy

edit; still there changed name and now hire 25 people vs 500 way back when