IGNORED

Emblems

So I was able to find a brand new fuel tank on ebay for my 99. Don't know how I got so lucky because almost all of the ones I've seen are scratched or dented and selling for as much or more than the one I bought. Anyway I was able to remove the emblems off of my old tank and I now want to adhere them to the new tank. I have seen several different adhesives that are supposed to be for this purpose but when I read the reviews I get nervous. Some of them say this product ruined my paint or some say this product melted my emblem. So I was wondering if anyone has replaced their emblems and what they used to do it. Thanks

I have used the 3m emblem tape with decent sucess. Make sure the paint is clean, I use alcohol. https://www.autozone.com/miscellaneous-non-automotive/tape/3m-1-4-in-x-5-ft-exterior-attachment-tape/15764_0_0

I don't think that will work with the emblems. Too many gaps between the letters. I will probably try it on the bib if I decide to put it back on. Thanks

I had my bike repainted in 07 and used the 3M tape to reattach emblems and they have been there with out any problems. I used a hobby knife to trim the tape before attaching them to the bike.

slowroll

I think I may try that method. I feel a little more comfortable using the tape.