IGNORED

Mystery Leak Solved

After removing and replacing my clutch cover I couldn't stop it from leaking so I cleaned everything up real nice, put a brand new gasket on and low and behold she's leaking again. I got down with my light and upon inspection found a crack in my clutch cover... Will one off a 1200 fit? and can I replace the inside chrome part so it doesn't say YICS and says 1300 like its supposed to? I dont think I should JB Weld this particular spot, and I dont know about getting it welded either.

cracked case 2.jpgCracked Case.jpg

I don't know about the 12s swap but it can be welded small machine shop or I know of a yard in BC that has some 13s

Patch

BC as in British Columbia?

Is that scrap yard a "U-Pull It" sort of deal or could I contact them and have them send one?

All kinds of 1300 clutch covers on eBay for around $30, and gaskets. Just a matter of finding a cover that's in decent shape. A 1200 cover won't work as they aren't deep enough to accommodate a 1300 clutch basket.

Looks like there is another crack in the engine where the bolt threads in??

Just a seam. No oil's comin out of it or anything

Bummer!

Got any good pics with the cover off? that might be fixable.

It definitely would be fixable. But I stopped into our local welder and he's gonna want just as much as one of those used ones off ebay so I'll probably just go the ebay route

Crack in casing....put on side stand, Clean it remove, cover and the inner casing paint...yes your insides are painted. Use acetone, rough up the surface with #40 making the crack obvious. Make sure all it bone dry non-oily. Now your choice... JB Qwik weld or Permatex ultra. I personally like JB Qwik Weld for cracks. Or you can try from the outside

Crack in casing....put on side stand, Clean it remove, cover and the inner casing paint...yes your insides are painted. Use acetone, rough up the surface with #40 making the crack obvious. Make sure all it bone dry non-oily. Now your choice... JB Qwik weld or Permatex ultra. I personally like JB Qwik Weld for cracks. Or you can try from the outside

You don't think it'll be any issue with it being right by a bolt?