IGNORED

Goldwing 1100 and Shadow Ace

As Some of you know I like to tinker, well I know where there is two bikes one is a Honda Shadow Ace, Complete basket case IMHO. The other is a 1980 Honda Goldwing, seems to be all there. But another basket case. They are gonna need total resorations. How can I find out if the motor is free also the gear selector is FUBAR or from what I can tell anyways. Is either of these bikes worth bringing back from the dead?

Just off the top of your head, make a list of all parts you see that it needs to restore it. Add the price that you are willing to spend for that part. Now add postage to for each part..Add another 30 to 40% for the parts you didn't know it needed..next include the costs for all liquids (oil, antifreeze, gear lube, grease, clutch & brake fluid), and then add the cost for all cleaners, wax, etc., that you will need to complete it.

Download manuals on both bikes and the parts list for names (and dealer cost) of each part needed.

Do you have the space to lay everything out to stay somewhat organized? Do you have all the tools needed or will you need to purchase (or make) special tools, do you have the time and patients?

Lots to consider when bringing something back from the dead. I just spent two years on a total restoration. I can't stop smiling over the transformation.

Only the person restoring the item knows how much effort, time and money that THEY want to spend to bring that item back from the dead.. .... :stickpoke:

Just off the top of your head, make a list of all parts you see that it needs to restore it. Add the price that you are willing to spend for that part. Now add postage to for each part..Add another 30 to 40% for the parts you didn't know it needed..next include the costs for all liquids (oil, antifreeze, gear lube, grease, clutch & brake fluid), and then add the cost for all cleaners, wax, etc., that you will need to complete it.

Download manuals on both bikes and the parts list for names (and dealer cost) of each part needed.

Do you have the space to lay everything out to stay somewhat organized? Do you have all the tools needed or will you need to purchase (or make) special tools, do you have the time and patients?

Lots to consider when bringing something back from the dead. I just spent two years on a total restoration. I can't stop smiling over the transformation.

Only the person restoring the item knows how much effort, time and money that THEY want to spend to bring that item back from the dead.. .... :stickpoke:

So true but the shadow ace looks like I can make my own creation now the gw I just not sure I want to learn it that bad as it is a 1980.

Never ride faster then your angel can fly. I am as free as the wind on my face.