IGNORED

Heal and Toe Shifter

For those of you who have installed the heal and toe shifter do you still have the washer and retaining clip on the backside of the pivot? Mine has disappeared twice now. I think if you touch the shifter on an angle it pops the retaining clip off. I might have to drill a hole in pivot and use a cotter key.

Picture hanging wire, twist is toward the engine!

OR

Last night I remembered that on my other bike which has a custom heal toe, I used a Teflon or nylon washer! Keep it thin in cross section.

There is also easy to find brass washers with a higher copper mix. Look in the home or lowes keeping it thin.. Could also board sand one to fit

Likely 13 or 14 mm id should do it

Cheers

• 4 months later...
I was wondering does the heel part of the shifter sit above the floorboard or behind it? Could you post a picture of it on your bike?

Thanks

Rasa

On my RSTD Definitely both, sits above (about 1-2") & back from the FB about 2" sorry the pic is poor but it's dark in the garage.

Shifter.jpg

Edited by Kretz

• 1 month later...
For those of you who have installed the heal and toe shifter do you still have the washer and retaining clip on the backside of the pivot? Mine has disappeared twice now. I think if you touch the shifter on an angle it pops the retaining clip off. I might have to drill a hole in pivot and use a cotter key.

Did you ever figure this out. I installed heel toe shifter on mine and was very careful with install and I see today it is gone. May try aftermarket snapring as I think oem is to soft and it deforms.