IGNORED

opinions on which to buy 83 or 86

Neither of my 83s is worth messing with.one turns over good and I have a title.But so much is off of it its not worth my time.My 86 I had running not long ago but now the starter is out.Plus I have only a bill of sale,no title and much of the front fairing sidepieces are broken.I have plastic to replace the broken parts but will have to paint them black and gold.I would love to sell all 3 of them in a package deal. Which leads to the question.There are 2 great looking bikes on cl for 1500.One is a black and gold 86 with 100,000 miles. The other is the burgundy color 83 with a broken speedometer showing 18,000 miles and it needs a front tire.But it looks great otherwise.based on this information which would you buy? I text both sellers,neither answered.kbb shows tradein on the 86 to be about 1300 and avg retail is 2300.the 83 is about 1100 and 1800. For sure I have parts for either of them.

As you know the 86 has several improvements such as much better brakes and a transmission that doesn't lose 2nd gear. And if you like the extra luggage capacity, that's a plus. Maybe buy flying fool's 88 bike. It will be ready to ride instead of getting another project.

As you know the 86 has several improvements such as much better brakes and a transmission that doesn't lose 2nd gear. And if you like the extra luggage capacity, that's a plus. Maybe buy flying fool's 88 bike. It will be ready to ride instead of getting another project.

where is that bike? Is it advertised somewhere?