IGNORED

Who has a personal tag on their SVTC?

Seems I spoke to soon about my tag.

I got a post card to come pick up my paperwork for my tag from the dealer so I mounted CC Tour on the Star Venture so it would be ready to roll. Big mistake, the dealer failed to transfer my tag and instead had a new tag and number issued so I just lost my personal tag that you have to pay extra for.

See new thread I am starting about Destination Powersports for how this entire sales transaction on my 2018 Yamaha Star Venture Transcontinental has just gone south, it will be a good read.

Edited by American

I went thru the same thing on a car purchase and the plats not being handled correctly. I went back to the dealer and made them fix it on their dime, which they did.

This one is beyond that see the thread about Dealer not paying off trade in. We have far bigger issues, I will eat the cost of the tag I have a far bigger fish to fry with Destination Powersports in Punta Gorda, Florida.

I bought my Victory from a dealer up around Apopka Fl. Had a similar issue on tag deal. I transferred my tag from the RSV, but they charged me for a new tag. I think I had to apply for a refund thru the county the new tag was issued from. Took a bit but got it all squared out and go a refund. Now as for the not paying off trade, ouch. Good luck.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was able to rack up 14,000 between July and August. Would have been more but I broke my back the week I got the bike. On August 24th I had spinal surgery (cervical fusion of C-4 -C-7), so I’ve been recovering for the last month. I head to Los Vegas for AIMExpo in two weeks, then Florida and the IMS show in Long Beach CA. Should have about 30K by Christmas.

EC9F2031-13F9-43CD-980C-6FDFF8E11B1E.jpg

I was able to rack up 14,000 between July and August. Would have been more but I broke my back the week I got the bike. On August 24th I had spinal surgery (cervical fusion of C-4 -C-7), so I’ve been recovering for the last month. I head to Los Vegas for AIMExpo in two weeks, then Florida and the IMS show in Long Beach CA. Should have about 30K by Christmas.

I saw your video about your fall down the stairs. I hope the surgery went well and that your recovering quickly.

i just got back from a regional meeting with another forum out in Maggie Valley. LOTS of great roads to ride that you could literally hang around the area for two weeks and not see them all. I don’t know about you, but I’ve seen very few of these SVTC’s out on the road. One guy came up from Atlanta, so here’s a rare pic of TWO of them together in the “wild”.

Hope to see you on the road sometime. God bless & ride safe!

BF435_F8_E-_B599-4404-9_A49-1820_CC8_F7_B32.jpg