IGNORED

Software update failed, now what?

So I followed the instructions on the Yamaha website exactly to update software for the infotainment Center. Now it looks like instead of a motorcycle I have a brick.

The bike recognized the USB drive, went through the process of validating file, updating, giving percentage complete updates regularly until getting up to 99% and then telling me it failed. On the failed screen there is one big button that says accept. Push that accept button and the infotainment Center reboots and then immediately goes into updating again.

Now it's stuck in an endless loop. Went through the updating process only to get to the failed screen five or 10 times. Eventually I realized it's going to do this forever so after while when the accept button came up I tried unplugging the USB thumb drive to see if it would come back up to the old version and then hit accept. Well it went right back into a reboot and Then followed by the updating for a while before saying failed again.

So then I tried turning the thing from accessory to off before hitting the accept button. Even in the off position it proceeded to reboot and tell me it was updating for a while going through the percentages until it gets to 99 and fails.

Yamaha update web page last step says that it if it finishes successfully a completed message will appear. This implies to me that failure is an option, yet there is no information that I can find on their website or anywhere else that talks about what to do when the failure option occurs.

Cannot get out of this endless Loop.

Suggestions?

Do I now have a $27,000 paperweight?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

f475f1727620f20a133148a956d00197.jpg63b2d734e10afaae9d0971f2fddde84c.jpg2691d441aceec930e4c3d27237eabc78.jpg

Well maybe not exactly a brick. I can still start the bike, lights come on, turn signals, tach, speedometer, Etc all work. So I can still ride and use the bike as long as I don't mind the infotainment Center going through this endless updating failed Loop. Though I imagine if I leave it like this overnight to bring it to the dealer tomorrow the battery will probably be dead in the morning.

F-me.

I ran my update and it ran flawlessly in about 20 minutes. Sorry to hear you're having issues, but Condor is right. Have the dealer take care of it. That's why they have warranties!
What is your USB stick formatted as? FAT32?

Well that was fun. Took the seat off to disconnect the battery. Then reconnected it turned it on and booted up into the updating screen again! WTF!

But this time it didn't get to the failed screen, didn't get to the completed screen either. After the updating the screen went blank, rebooted and came up normally in the old software version are 11. 9.08

Think I'll just stay with this version till I can get to the dealer and have them do it.

Well that was fun. Took the seat off to disconnect the battery. Then reconnected it turned it on and booted up into the updating screen again! WTF!

But this time it didn't get to the failed screen, didn't get to the completed screen either. After the updating the screen went blank, rebooted and came up normally in the old software version are 11. 9.08

Think I'll just stay with this version till I can get to the dealer and have them do it.

Well..this is great news to all of us...that there is a memory reboot fail-safe built into the system. You only have to kill off the residual electric power, before trying it again. That might put the registers to default, and boot up with the old back-up system. This again, is great to know. Thank you!

Just thought...if you are back to the old 11.x.x version, I'd suggest putting a fresh download of v12.0.6 and putting the bike onto ACC...let her rip once more...

No problem man your welcome. Flat rate for that would be probably a minimum .4, I'll send ya a bill.