IGNORED

Where did you GO on your venture today?

s.tyler58

Just a little twist to the "what did you do to your venture today" thread.

Today I drove down to Northwestern Missouri. An hour down on I-29 and cruising around Mound City and Oregon and Forest City. 235 mi in 4 and 1/2 hours. Interstate at 80 miles an hour and those blacktop County Roads which are really nice around 60 miles per hour. The old girl is starting to pay me back for all the labor and money I've put into her!

Once I got over listening for every little thing and Started Loving the way she handled and just flat out ran I had a lot of fun. Stopped and enjoyed my peanut butter & bacon sandwich at River Breaks Conservation area down in the bluffs East of the Missouri River. (Photo)

My kickstand warning light came on for about 5 miles when I was nearing the end of my trip and I flipped it down and back up again and it went out. I was afraid if I stopped it would die on me and I wouldn't get to get home with it but that didn't happen.

I've also got one black drain hose that keeps getting longer below the bike but I can't pull on it and have it come out or find out where it's coming from yet. I'm thinking it must be an overflow from the gas tank or carburetors?

...in the Eternal scheme of things, this isn't even the blink of an eye.

cb90cbdca68da96f3b43305565d1901d.jpg

Edited by s.tyler58
Added photo

With some help I managed to get the bike out of the shed so that I could get to the lawn mower. I took a quick ride thru the local park, only about 4 miles. but it sure felt good. It looks like I will be required to take a ride every time the grass needs cutting.

With some help I managed to get the bike out of the shed so that I could get to the lawn mower. I took a quick ride thru the local park, only about 4 miles. but it sure felt good. It looks like I will be required to take a ride every time the grass needs cutting.

You just need to find some other parking arrangements and keep your old friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got out on the road for a while this afternoon about 5. Going to win my way back North so long that western edge of the Eastern Bluffs of the Missouri River in Iowa. This little video is from the western side of the Missouri River the Eastern edge of Nebraska.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

e9b6bc5fbe1098e807116156d9167a32.jpg94adec2785b6ecb7608598e60801098c.jpg

Edited by s.tyler58

Needed some things from Nashville so I made the 240 mile round trip. Running anywhere from 80-90 most of the way and still got 37 mpg on the RSV. The thing I don't get is the cruise cutoff is 80 true speed, so if the system knows where 80 is why did they throw the speedometer off?

Today I rode up to Vermillion South Dakota. 332 Mi round trip. Started at 7 a.m. returned home at 1:10 p.m. . Started the ride at 65 degrees end of the ride at 95 degrees.

Highway 12 and Highway 22 in North East Nebraska is one of the highest rated scenic drives in our state. I didn't get to spend much time exploring around the area but pretty much just dashed to it and Back Again. I just spoke to a neighbor who's a pilot and he flies into Vermillion South Dakota to deer hunt and told me about some blacktop roads along the river that I need to check out next time I'm up there. That's Chaharly's stomping grounds! 30962f376c7cfd0eb10c005d27787ae2.jpgc22ec044300901d56053c3eefd2ffef9.jpg710ed348e1fbf1ebbbc07a36dd252ab6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Evedently I went to st Joseph Missouri and spent over $112.00 in gas! How many times did I fill up? Is this possible in one day in St Joseph? I don't know how big it is never been there... Went to gas station 7 blocks from me to fill up before ride only to be DECLINED!

Never ride faster then your angel can fly. I am as free as the wind on my face.

Well down here, unless its a jet ski or canoe not much ridin goin on. Rain since almost 2 weeks ago. Luckly I have missed it back and forth to work. Wife had my truck as her ride was AWP.

Well down here, unless its a jet ski or canoe not much ridin goin on. Rain since almost 2 weeks ago. Luckly I have missed it back and forth to work. Wife had my truck as her ride was AWP.
That sux, one purchase for 74.09 the other for 39.26 at Jax Mart in St Joe, MO then while I was on the phone with Jax Mart. Someone ran another 10.00 in gas at a place called Fast Gas in St Joe Mo. Mind you I live in Joplin and just tried to get gas down the street and got DECLINED! The lady on the phone with me said something about card skimmers in the pumps.

Never ride faster then your angel can fly. I am as free as the wind on my face.

They run rampant here in fla especially Tampa Bay area it seems. CALL credit card company imediatly if you aint already. Always use debit card as credit, there is somehow extra protection there. When we are ojt of town we have a regular credit card we use for purchases.

• 2 weeks later...

I went out to pick up some steel round stock to finish the mods to my new HF, POS tire changer. I stopped at Home depot to check prices and then went to a local surplus type store called Star Supply. HD was cheaper for the same stock so I went back and picked up a piece of 1/2" and a piece of 3/8" round bar stock. On the way back to HD I stopped at the Harley Davidson dealership to see if they had any Kuryakyn wind deflector wings in stock. No luck but they should have a pair next week. I strapped the bar stock to the luggage rack and motored on to the local Yamaha dealership to pick up the last rubber grommet I had ordered a couple weeks ago and also got a locking nut for the rear suspension schrader valve that has been missing since I got The Beast. Then back home via the local Sparkle Market for a couple steaks and salad fixin's. About 80 miles round trip.

Here's the tire changer:

tirechanger1.jpg

• 2 years later...