User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Everyone...I present to you; 'Charlotte the Third'....

Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Everyone...I present to you; 'Charlotte the Third'....

Thanks, everyone, who had to suffer through my getting it...not getting it...getting it...not getting it posts....FINALLY getting it!

Joe

Joe
    Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 05-04-2018 at 02:21 AM.

2. Thanks Drews, Pegasus1300, Du-Rron gave thanks for this post
    Likes Drews, RandyR, cecdoo, Pegasus1300, BlueSky and 3 others liked this post
    United States
    NC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Re: Everyone...I present to you; 'Charlotte the Third'....

Quote Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post
    Rode my Kawasaki ZR7S named CowFace, out to meet its new stable mate, Charlotte...coming home either next Monday, or Tuesday, all accessories dealer installed. Good...I just want to ride her!

"CowFace, meet Charlotte, Charlotte meet CowFace, your new brother...now..the both of you learn to get along! Good years, ahead kids...be nice to each other!"

Thanks, everyone, who had to suffer through my getting it...not getting it...getting it...not getting it posts....FINALLY getting it!
    Pretty excited, and wish next week was already here, lol

Here she is...Charlotte, my baby girl, and in two weeks...zoom.----------->(***sonic boom***)-------------------------->GONE! Atlantic Ocean, South Carolina...."Hang on Dee-Dee, HANG ON!"--------------->"No...I don't want to listen to Bach, right now...YOU listen to Bach back there...'cause I'm gonna listen to the 'Stones..., at least to the Ohio Turnpike!"...

https://s17.postimg.cc/vikk3ba1b/charlotte2.jpg

https://s17.postimg.cc/wz0nzc7in/charlotte1.jpg

Joe
    Can you tell me WHY it’s still gonna be 2 weeks before you can ride her??
    My dealership had mine assembled, prepped & tested ready for delivery in 48hrs!
    Whats up with that?
    I bet they had to shoo you away to keep you from petting her!
    Last edited by ChiefGunner; 05-02-2018 at 01:45 PM.

4. Likes YamahaParExcellence, snyper316 liked this post
    Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Everyone...I present to you; 'Charlotte the Third'....

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
    Can you tell me WHY it’s still getting man be 2 weeks before you can ride her??
    My dealership had mine assembled, prepped & tested ready for delivery in 48hrs!
    Whats up with that?
    I bet they had to shoo you away to keep you from petting her!
    "No, Chief, not two weeks to get her...this coming Monday or Tuesday at the latest....the two weeks...is-----> wham...bam, zooooooooooooooom ----Ohio Turnpike, West Virginia, Blue Ridge Mountains, down into the valley...Myrtle Beach...Benjamin's Seafood House Buffet.....peptobismo later on, back at the hotel... That is the two weeks, Chief! LOL It's supposed to rain today, tomorrow, and maybe Saturday morn. Next week...blue skies...warm weather...and Ceeeeeeeeeeeelebration Time, C'mon, playing on the stereo...for the first few miles...helmet jogging side to side...clutch fist twirling in the air...you know...that kind of stuff, lol just acting like a 16 year old...you know? The age I was, when (Then Came) James Bronson, ruled the airwaves!

https://www.theoriginalbenjamins.com/

https://www.theoriginalbenjamins.com/buffet.php

Joe
    Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 05-02-2018 at 04:18 PM.

United States
    NC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"No, Chief, not two weeks to get her...this coming Monday or Tuesday at the latest....the two weeks...is-----> wham...bam, zooooooooooooooom ----Ohio Turnpike, West Virginia, Blue Ridge Mountains, down into the valley...Myrtle Beach...Benjamin's Seafood House Buffet.....peptobismo later on, back at the hotel... That is the two weeks, Chief! LOL It's supposed to rain today, tomorrow, and maybe Saturday morn. Next week...blue skies...warm weather...and Ceeeeeeeeeeeelebration Time, C'mon, playing on the stereo...for the first few miles...helmet jogging side to side...clutch fist twirling in the air...you know...that kind of stuff, lol" Acting just like a 16 year old...you know?

Joe
    Give me a shout when you are gonna get to North Carolina. Id like the opportunity to meet up with you!

7. Thanks YamahaParExcellence gave thanks for this post
    Likes YamahaParExcellence liked this post
    Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give me a shout when you are gonna get to North Carolina. I’d like the opportunity to meet up with you!
    Yeah, that would be fun...lol. Still convincing my better half SHE really wants to go in May...

I know that I want to! I guess it all depends quite frankly if I can get the break in out of the way, and first service. If it all comes together, I'll let you know.

I can't remember right now, the great eating place's name in North Myrtle Beach...but I'm going to do a search. It is near that huge open Mall with the man made lake...and...get this...they have T-bone steak on the buffet. They cut the steaks into 1/4 inch (I'm not kidding...lol) thick steaks...and I always pi** them off, by stacking six of them on top of each other...and being sure to walk past the check-in counter...on the way back to my table....drives them NUTS! LOL! Shrimp, Crab, King Crab Legs, T-Bone steak....all for $24.00...can't beat that with a stick! Lots of fun times ahead for Charlotte and us...lots of fun times, Chief!
    Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 05-02-2018 at 02:14 PM.

United States
    GA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It appears that good things do come to those that wait !!!

tick- tick-tick
    Dahlonega, GA. The past was good enough for us.

10. Thanks YamahaParExcellence gave thanks for this post
    Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RandyR View Post
    It appears that good things do come to those that wait !!!

tick- tick-tick
    I guess so, Randy, and thanks...but having to wait, six, going onto seven months?!?!?!?!? That was nuts, Randy..... Simply, nuts!

Am I a Happy Camper today? Youbetcha. Oh..and don't tell Chief...that I actually DID reach out and touch the fairing...just to see that it was really there, LOL. I didn't pet it though...BUT WANTED TO!
    Seriously...the bike is drop dead gorgeous, in the flesh...even needing yet, to be put together. What a beaut!
    Honestly, I'm not missing my Wing....not with this cast in the headlights....
    Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 05-02-2018 at 02:25 PM.

United States
    WI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it come with a tag, "Some assembly required."?

Getting close now, can almost smell the premium gas already.
    Jeff Borowski . . Had 88 Venture standard, now 2011 Silverado 4x4
    There are 10 kinds of people that understand binary, those that do, and those that don't.
    Sometimes the thoughts in my head get bored and go for a stroll out through my mouth (or fingers). This is never a good thing.

13. Likes YamahaParExcellence, snyper316 liked this post
    United States
    NC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess so, Randy, and thanks...but having to wait, six, going onto seven months?!?!?!?!? That was nuts, Randy..... Simply, nuts!

Am I a Happy Camper today? Youbetcha. Oh..and don't tell Chief...that I actually DID reach out and touch the fairing...just to see that it was really there, LOL. I didn't pet it though...BUT WANTED TO!
    Seriously...the bike is drop dead gorgeous, in the flesh...even needing yet, to be put together. What a beaut!
    Honestly, I'm not missing my Wing....not with this cast in the headlights....
    AHA!! I KNEW you wanted to PET IT!! I KNOW you dude!
    its been a long wait for you, but I GUARANTEE that once you throw a leg, start her up and hear that sweet rumble, roll on the throttle and take off down the road all the wait will disappear in your rear view mirrors!!
    Ill be listening for the SONIC BOOM! Lol!

15. Thanks YamahaParExcellence gave thanks for this post
    United States
    NC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinfool View Post

Does it really NEED a tag? Isn’t that kinda self evident?
    I feel bad for his wife. For the next few days Joe is gonna be fit to be tied!! Any any EVERY conversation is going to revolve around THE BIKE! THE BIKE!! Lol!

17. Likes snyper316 liked this post
    Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinfool View Post

When I was there, the Sales Manager, told me that they worked around 8 hours to complete the other Grey that was purchased. Flyinfool...the dealer is NOT HAPPY, for they are not getting any more for this season. For '19, they were told, the flow will start again. Frankly, I 'd be wanting some kind of dealer compensation...c'mon..up here in Ontario, they would go like hot cakes...IF the dealers had more to sell than the one, or two if they were lucky...they got. There was one dealer that I asked if he was going to have a Demo Day..and he said it is planned. I then asked if Yamaha was going to have a T.C. there. He said that they have not committed to that...but all others would be there, FJR's...etc. I surmise that Yamaha doesn't want someone riding it...liking it...wanting it...and there is no bike in the warehouse to furnish the dealer. I think that for now, they wish to avoid that, up here, in Ontario. Probably for the rest of the Canadian Provinces, no doubt!

I know right from Yamaha, that the red you see here, still in the shipping crate, is one of four that just came off the ship in Vancouver..and obviously were sent out to the other three purchasers as well. So...at least three other's doing their Happy Dance over the next few days!

Joe

Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AHA!! I KNEW you wanted to PET IT!! I KNOW you dude!
    its been a long wait for you, but I GUARANTEE that once you throw a leg, start her up and hear that sweet rumble, roll on the throttle and take off down the road all the wait will disappear in your rear view mirrors!!
    Ill be listening for the SONIC BOOM! Lol!
    ...and if not a true Sonic Boom....I can absolutely tell ya...there will be a five minute long; "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!, rolling down the Ontario 401 westbound. Somebody will swear, there will be probably bluegrass banjo music soon to start up....! Chief...I've waited a long time...50 years..to have everything I could ask for...on one frame...and the Yamaha 2018 Star Venture Trans Continental is that bike! This is a true Bucket List Bike...I always wanted to ride and own a large bore, air/oil cooled, traditional V-Twin. I now get that chance, and its maiden run, will be up and over the Blue Ridge Mountains, if I can swing it.

Joe

20. Likes ChiefGunner liked this post
    Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it really NEED a tag? Isn’t that kinda self evident?
    I feel bad for his wife. For the next few days Joe is gonna be fit to be tied!! Any any EVERY conversation is going to revolve around THE BIKE! THE BIKE!! Lol!
    Chief, she is already quite sick to death hearing about it. She was praying to the Good Lord, to PLEASE, deliver his bike to the dealer...she needed a break! LOL. Good soul, she...

22. Likes ChiefGunner, snyper316 liked this post
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations, the day is almost here for you. Exciting seeing the pictures of your baby still in its protective womb. I saw mine like that also. I wasn't smart enough to take a picture though.
    Happy riding next week.

24. Thanks YamahaParExcellence gave thanks for this post
    Likes YamahaParExcellence, snyper316 liked this post
    United States
    OH
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations! I still haven't seen the TC first hand.

Wave as you go through Youngstown, OH on the turn pike.
    TANSTAAFL

26. Thanks YamahaParExcellence gave thanks for this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast