IGNORED

Everyone...I present to you; 'Charlotte the Third'....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode my Kawasaki ZR7S named CowFace, out to meet its new stable mate, Charlotte...coming home either next Monday, or Tuesday, all accessories dealer installed. Good...I just want to ride her!

"CowFace, meet Charlotte, Charlotte meet CowFace, your new brother...now..the both of you learn to get along! Good years, ahead kids...be nice to each other!"

Thanks, everyone, who had to suffer through my getting it...not getting it...getting it...not getting it posts....FINALLY getting it!

Pretty excited, and wish next week was already here, lol

Here she is...Charlotte, my baby girl, and in two weeks...zoom.----------->(***sonic boom***)-------------------------->GONE! Atlantic Ocean, South Carolina...."Hang on Dee-Dee, HANG ON!"--------------->"No...I don't want to listen to Bach, right now...YOU listen to Bach back there...'cause I'm gonna listen to the 'Stones..., at least to the Ohio Turnpike!"...

https://s17.postimg.cc/vikk3ba1b/charlotte2.jpg

https://s17.postimg.cc/wz0nzc7in/charlotte1.jpg

Joe

Can you tell me WHY it’s still gonna be 2 weeks before you can ride her??

My dealership had mine assembled, prepped & tested ready for delivery in 48hrs!

Whats up with that?

I bet they had to shoo you away to keep you from petting her!

Edited by ChiefGunner

Can you tell me WHY it’s still getting man be 2 weeks before you can ride her??

My dealership had mine assembled, prepped & tested ready for delivery in 48hrs!

Whats up with that?

I bet they had to shoo you away to keep you from petting her!

"No, Chief, not two weeks to get her...this coming Monday or Tuesday at the latest....the two weeks...is-----> wham...bam, zooooooooooooooom ----Ohio Turnpike, West Virginia, Blue Ridge Mountains, down into the valley...Myrtle Beach...Benjamin's Seafood House Buffet.....peptobismo later on, back at the hotel... That is the two weeks, Chief! LOL It's supposed to rain today, tomorrow, and maybe Saturday morn. Next week...blue skies...warm weather...and Ceeeeeeeeeeeelebration Time, C'mon, playing on the stereo...for the first few miles...helmet jogging side to side...clutch fist twirling in the air...you know...that kind of stuff, lol just acting like a 16 year old...you know? The age I was, when (Then Came) James Bronson, ruled the airwaves!

https://www.theoriginalbenjamins.com/

https://www.theoriginalbenjamins.com/buffet.php

Joe

Edited by YamahaParExcellence

"No, Chief, not two weeks to get her...this coming Monday or Tuesday at the latest....the two weeks...is-----> wham...bam, zooooooooooooooom ----Ohio Turnpike, West Virginia, Blue Ridge Mountains, down into the valley...Myrtle Beach...Benjamin's Seafood House Buffet.....peptobismo later on, back at the hotel... That is the two weeks, Chief! LOL It's supposed to rain today, tomorrow, and maybe Saturday morn. Next week...blue skies...warm weather...and Ceeeeeeeeeeeelebration Time, C'mon, playing on the stereo...for the first few miles...helmet jogging side to side...clutch fist twirling in the air...you know...that kind of stuff, lol" Acting just like a 16 year old...you know?

Joe

Give me a shout when you are gonna get to North Carolina. I’d like the opportunity to meet up with you!

Give me a shout when you are gonna get to North Carolina. I’d like the opportunity to meet up with you!

Yeah, that would be fun...lol. Still convincing my better half SHE really wants to go in May...

I know that I want to! I guess it all depends quite frankly if I can get the break in out of the way, and first service. If it all comes together, I'll let you know. :)

I can't remember right now, the great eating place's name in North Myrtle Beach...but I'm going to do a search. It is near that huge open Mall with the man made lake...and...get this...they have T-bone steak on the buffet. They cut the steaks into 1/4 inch (I'm not kidding...lol) thick steaks...and I always pi** them off, by stacking six of them on top of each other...and being sure to walk past the check-in counter...on the way back to my table....drives them NUTS! LOL! Shrimp, Crab, King Crab Legs, T-Bone steak....all for $24.00...can't beat that with a stick! Lots of fun times ahead for Charlotte and us...lots of fun times, Chief!

It appears that good things do come to those that wait !!!

tick- tick-tick

I guess so, Randy, and thanks...but having to wait, six, going onto seven months?!?!?!?!? That was nuts, Randy..... Simply, nuts!

Am I a Happy Camper today? Youbetcha. Oh..and don't tell Chief...that I actually DID reach out and touch the fairing...just to see that it was really there, LOL. I didn't pet it though...BUT WANTED TO! ;)

Seriously...the bike is drop dead gorgeous, in the flesh...even needing yet, to be put together. What a beaut!

Honestly, I'm not missing my Wing....not with this cast in the headlights....

I guess so, Randy, and thanks...but having to wait, six, going onto seven months?!?!?!?!? That was nuts, Randy..... Simply, nuts!

Am I a Happy Camper today? Youbetcha. Oh..and don't tell Chief...that I actually DID reach out and touch the fairing...just to see that it was really there, LOL. I didn't pet it though...BUT WANTED TO! ;)

Seriously...the bike is drop dead gorgeous, in the flesh...even needing yet, to be put together. What a beaut!

Honestly, I'm not missing my Wing....not with this cast in the headlights....

AHA!! I KNEW you wanted to PET IT!! I KNOW you dude!

its been a long wait for you, but I GUARANTEE that once you throw a leg, start her up and hear that sweet rumble, roll on the throttle and take off down the road all the wait will disappear in your rear view mirrors!!

Ill be listening for the SONIC BOOM! Lol!

Does it come with a tag, "Some assembly required."?

Getting close now, can almost smell the premium gas already.

Does it really NEED a tag? Isn’t that kinda self evident?

I feel bad for his wife. For the next few days Joe is gonna be fit to be tied!! Any any EVERY conversation is going to revolve around THE BIKE! THE BIKE!! Lol!

Does it come with a tag, "Some assembly required."?

Getting close now, can almost smell the premium gas already.

When I was there, the Sales Manager, told me that they worked around 8 hours to complete the other Grey that was purchased. Flyinfool...the dealer is NOT HAPPY, for they are not getting any more for this season. For '19, they were told, the flow will start again. Frankly, I 'd be wanting some kind of dealer compensation...c'mon..up here in Ontario, they would go like hot cakes...IF the dealers had more to sell than the one, or two if they were lucky...they got. There was one dealer that I asked if he was going to have a Demo Day..and he said it is planned. I then asked if Yamaha was going to have a T.C. there. He said that they have not committed to that...but all others would be there, FJR's...etc. I surmise that Yamaha doesn't want someone riding it...liking it...wanting it...and there is no bike in the warehouse to furnish the dealer. I think that for now, they wish to avoid that, up here, in Ontario. Probably for the rest of the Canadian Provinces, no doubt!

I know right from Yamaha, that the red you see here, still in the shipping crate, is one of four that just came off the ship in Vancouver..and obviously were sent out to the other three purchasers as well. So...at least three other's doing their Happy Dance over the next few days!

Joe

AHA!! I KNEW you wanted to PET IT!! I KNOW you dude!

its been a long wait for you, but I GUARANTEE that once you throw a leg, start her up and hear that sweet rumble, roll on the throttle and take off down the road all the wait will disappear in your rear view mirrors!!

Ill be listening for the SONIC BOOM! Lol!

...and if not a true Sonic Boom....I can absolutely tell ya...there will be a five minute long; "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!, rolling down the Ontario 401 westbound. Somebody will swear, there will be probably bluegrass banjo music soon to start up....! ;) Chief...I've waited a long time...50 years..to have everything I could ask for...on one frame...and the Yamaha 2018 Star Venture Trans Continental is that bike! This is a true Bucket List Bike...I always wanted to ride and own a large bore, air/oil cooled, traditional V-Twin. I now get that chance, and its maiden run, will be up and over the Blue Ridge Mountains, if I can swing it.

Joe

Does it really NEED a tag? Isn’t that kinda self evident?

I feel bad for his wife. For the next few days Joe is gonna be fit to be tied!! Any any EVERY conversation is going to revolve around THE BIKE! THE BIKE!! Lol!

Chief, she is already quite sick to death hearing about it. She was praying to the Good Lord, to PLEASE, deliver his bike to the dealer...she needed a break! LOL. Good soul, she...

Congratulations, the day is almost here for you. Exciting seeing the pictures of your baby still in its protective womb. I saw mine like that also. I wasn't smart enough to take a picture though.

Happy riding next week.

Congratulations, the day is almost here for you. Exciting seeing the pictures of your baby still in its protective womb. I saw mine like that also. I wasn't smart enough to take a picture though.

Happy riding next week.

Thank you very much! Thank you! I have had really great bikes over the years...and five of them were solid Gold Wings, that never broke down, they ran, until they were traded in after many thousands of miles, for the next. But, to tell you the truth, by the time I ordered and took delivery of the 2000 model year, GL1500SE (the jaguar racing green with the gold fleck in the paint) they were like, well...well...driving a car ,but with two wheels. There simply wasn't anything exciting about them. They were just solid tour mounts that would get you there, no problem. There was just no rider/motorcycle blending. Dead smooth, dead quiet, dead, dead.

That's why I bought in 2004 actually, my Sport Tour 750 4 Kawasaki ZR7S. I wanted to FEEL a bike under me, the sensations that were once there, in my '72 Triumph Bonneville, my 500 cc Suzuki Titan, my Kawasaki 500cc, my '73 Kawasaki Z1 900 (the original...and THAT was a bike, lordy!)

In 1975, I bought the first model year Honda Gold Wing, and like I said, over the years...I finished with the 2008 GL1800 Premium Sound/Nav.

So...what was I looking for in 2018?

Well...you go, with what you know...and yes, I was probably going to buy my last Wing...the 2018...but, I thought it would STILL be a Wing...and not (sorry) having dropped into the ST-(Sport's Tour) lineup. So, that was out. We needed comfort amenities, and luggage/storage capacity. That killed off the 2018 'Wing' as a contender for the Grand Touring Mount, coin.

In hindsight...I DO believe that there ARE some un-seen breaks, for all. I had long wanted more rider involvement...but nothing out there fit the bill...from anybody...for a Grand Tour. The closest was BMW, but, did not want to own the brand cost/reliability/regular maintenance/sparse dealer network.

I knew that Yamaha didn't have what I wanted...(did not even see the 2018 SVTC coming...was blindsided by this bike!)...so didn't see options,but to keep our trusty, but long-in-the-tooth, 2008 Wing

Then...that fateful day upon YouTube the first of last October I saw the SVTC Reveal video, and my eyes popped right out of their sockets. As it drove up onto the stage...and the M.C. started handing over to the subordinates to espouse the feature set of this magnificent Tour,...my eyes glazed over...and I yelled for my wife to come and view this video.

The rest...is history. We scoured YouTube for every video on it. We scoured all motorcycle sites for any review of it....watched the great magazine rider's trip from Boise to Flat Lake...and we talked together about the features I LIKED, and about the features SHE LIKED (oh man..I knew this was an easy sell) for her list was three times mine...lol Heated back cushions, multi level of heat choices, two height co-rider foot boards, dual zone (SHE LOVED THIS...gawd!!!!!) entertainment and communication independent of each other. On and on...did her list go...massive storage, gawd, she LOVED THAT...women LOVE--->storage capacity!

The next day, we started calling in the G.T.A. (Greater Toronto Area) Yama Mama dealers...and settled upon one outside the G.T.A. The rest you all know...ordered in October...and will soon have it rolling down the 401 toward's Toronto, this coming Monday or Tuesday! Folks, this bike, is of course not for everyone. There is no General Mold that pops us all out. I get that...and we should all get that.

What does this bike do for me, in a nutshell? It gives me back the 'emotional' factor of riding my 650 Triumph Bonneville of old...it gives back the KNOWING that you have a strong, powerful mill down below decks by sound, and rumble. It reminds you because of the natural warmth of combustion....that limbers you in the warmer months, that literally warms you in the cooler Spring and Fall....and the bike has every feature, combined, that has ever been on any of my previous bikes, but with now... even much more! It all gets put together,----> in the One Ring that Rules Them All

Cheers, friends...yes...I am 16 years old right now as I type this...I am (yes!) excited beyond all get out...for the bike IS EXCITING, and generates within you that emotional response, at least for myself, and,... I think once my wife is upon it, later next week, she will 'GET' why I traded in a perfectly good, and perfectly running 2008 Honda Gold Wing. I believe that she will get it, right between the eyes, lol. The sound of the pipes, as I leave off from a red light...the rumble felt throughout her seat, but only enough to engage her....that great in-house Yamaha Sound System...yep...I believe she will understand why it was time to let the Gold Wing go....and close the Honda era associated with them.

Goodbye Honda, Hello Yamaha....new adventures await...for Charlotte the Third, and the two Souls that will be aboard her.... Happy Wife....good Life.... I've got it today, made in the shade... :)

Finally, YES...I have had two coffees in the last hour...and THIS is what happens, when I am exposed to caffeine. My fingers, take on a life of their own, LOL! Cheers, friends and happy trails...pull your own Bronson this summer, before you find, one day, you can't hold up the bike! Before that...BRONSON to the next rise of the road...and see what that mountain pass is hiding, up ahead!​ I can tell you all...that Charlotte will! :)

Joe

As a lonnnng-retired Journalist, still mind-nimble enough to accurately read between the lines, it is indisputably safe to conclude our 'Boy-Joe' is juuuust a little excited about his long-looming new Ride.

Bless you Joe, for cranking out more straight-from-the-heart, gut-tugging enthusiasm than we've seen anywhere in years.

Wish - oh, how we wish - we could go with you!~

Rgds, WRIDR

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW Yamster,,, that almost hatched Charlotte is down right PURDY even if she is only a sanagram at this point... I know one thing,, if she was a new member around this place,, I am afraid I would have asked for permission to set up camp right there next her so I could hold her hand and talk her thru the whole hatching process = even that petting stuff would not have squared up with me that well :missingtooth:...

JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I got a hunch that Cowface and Charlotte are gonna get along just fine!!! A MAJOR congrats my friend!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

As a lonnnng-retired Journalist, still mind-nimble enough to accurately read between the lines, it is indisputably safe to conclude our 'Boy-Joe' is juuuust a little excited about his long-looming new Ride.

Jow

Bless you Joe, for cranking out more straight-from-the-heart, gut-tugging enthusiasm than we've seen anywhere in years.

Wish - oh, how we wish - we could go with you!~

Rgds, WRIDR

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

Down right inspiring IMHO.. Reminds me of a person who used to be a club member years ago... That guy (for the life of me I cant remember his name,,, ironically,,, I think he left here when he bought a Wing!!!) actually rode his bike from the States all the way up to Alaska and back in the DEAD OF WINTER - unshakable enthusiasim for our sport of motorcycle touring and definitely hardcore... Glad to have you (and the other new members too) aboard Joe and REALLY looking forward to reading some of your enthusiastic rides reports and seeing some more of those AWESOME pictures you take!!! Gonna be a fun summer reading and riding with Joe and Charlotte!!!! :thumbsup:

Puc

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW Yamster,,, that almost hatched Charlotte is down right PURDY even if she is only a sanagram at this point... I know one thing,, if she was a new member around this place,, I am afraid I would have asked for permission to set up camp right there next her so I could hold her hand and talk her thru the whole hatching process = even that petting stuff would not have squared up with me that well :missingtooth:...

JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I got a hunch that Cowface and Charlotte are gonna get along just fine!!! A MAJOR congrats my friend!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Puc...the first thing I'm going to do...is christen her with about 3 pounds of Mother's finest...