IGNORED

Well, seems I going to get my SVTC near about May 1rst...

YamahaParExcellence

YPE,

That's great! Crazy happy for you! What color did you order (please say red, please say red)? Just joking. I like both colors. I test rode the gray one, and its cool looking too.

I hope it gives you hours, days, months, years, of trouble free riding.

Big Lenny

YPE,

That's great! Crazy happy for you! What color did you order (please say red, please say red)? Just joking. I like both colors. I test rode the gray one, and its cool looking too.

I hope it gives you hours, days, months, years, of trouble free riding.

Big Lenny

Thanks, Lenny. Yep, Red, same color that my traded in Wing was. I was supposed to get it last week, but Yamaha decided to get it out towards the 3 rd week of April. They had loaded about 6 other bikes destined for the dealer, so no room for the SVTC----> FJR's etc. Was I mad...yep...but in hindsight, the weather has been more like March 1rst, around Toronto, rather than almost mid April. So...I can wait until they call me that it is ready for delivery. Hope for warmer weather for the ride home!!! I took our May 24th week off, so looking forward to putting on those 600 miles until the first oil change, and drive belt slack check. After that...Mama gets on board, and away we go-------->!

BTW, I did get some interesting information from my dealer, in that Yamaha only built 152 SVTC's for the Canadian market...(first batch run) in thinking it was going to be a slow or modest first-year uptake. So far...they have been happily proven (in Canada) to have their pants around their ankles on this one! Each dealer is only going to get 1 more (for 2018 model year) SVTC every three months, until the 2019's show up (probably around October/November). None of the dealers are too happy about that. I don't know how it is going in the States...but up here (and even costing $5,000.00 more MSRP) it seems to have been received very, very well...and by quite a few Honda Gold Wing 'ship jumpers' like ourselves. If somebody is looking for a GL1800, they should check out not only Honda dealers, but should also, Yamaha dealers. That's what the couple that bought my GL1800 did...asked around Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Suzuki dealers for off-trades. They got a great bike, at I guess, a very reasonable price. :) I think that says something about the new 2018 Honda Gold Wing. There's a lot of established 'tenured' Gold Wing riders, that have passed it by, and went elsewhere to other manufacturers to purchase a new luxury touring bike, this year, ourselves among them.

Edited by YamahaParExcellence

Okay, I'll admit, I'm really glad ya bought the red. my FAVORITE color. My RSTD is red, by truck is red. I'm kind of a fan of red. LOL.

I understand what your sayin about the new Goldwing; a couple weeks ago, my wife and I stopped by the local Honda/Yamaha dealer and test rode the new SVTC, then immediately test rode the new Goldwing. The Venture was one sweet riding machine. My wife made the comment as we were riding it that it was a Cadillac, and I whole heartedly agreed with her. We loved the heck out of it. When we test rode the new Wing, I was highly impressed with the handling in the curves. The Venture was very capable in the curves. A lot better than the current Venture. But, the Wing was on another level. The dang thing felt like it was begging for the curves, and it was a rocket ship. That new trick front end gave it a very aggressive feeling. And, it felt very good on the freeway. But, here's the big hang up with the bike, and the reason it isn't going to retain a number of current Wing riders; IT IS SMALL! Honda whacked some size off of this bike, and you can feel it. And, it has way less luggage space than the previous Wing, and the new Venture. Current Wing riders are used to a bike that does it all so well, plus, you can pack all kind of stuff on it and head out into the wild blue yonder. The new Wing is not that bike. It's a far better performance bike than the past Wing, but leaves one standing in bumfuddled awe when looking at how much less storage room is on the bike.