IGNORED

Questions, while I'm waiting on mine next week...

Dont give up on the SVTC Joe! You will not be disappointed! You will however if you buy HD. My local dealer has had a number of HD riders come and trade their HD in on a new SVTC!

I can believe that...but...(a sick sounding laugh...) they HAD an HD to trade in on. Their HD dealer, at least------------------>delivered one to them...:(

Enjoy your beaut!

I had to wait almost 6 months myself. I put the $500 down last July 24th., but sue to production delays I didn’t get it until Dec 29th. There is however a GOLDEN lining in this though. BEFORE I put my money down I did some research and found a dealer in Texas (I’m in North Carolina) that was offering a $2000 discount if you put the $500 Priority Delivery down. I called my local dealership and asked if they’d honor it, and they DID! Then when the production delay happened, Yamaha gave me $1000 towards any extras just for my troubles of having to wait! I’m sorry your dealership is so lame. Just know that it’s THEIR fault NOT ymamaha’s. Did you know that the SVTC comes with a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty? As part of that, if my rider and I have a breakdown, they will pay for towing, repairs AND put you up at a hotel and food while thebbike is being repaired! No THATS backing your product!

Ive already started customizing my baby. Wish I knew how to post pictures and video. I’ve had the seat Custom upholstered in alligator & snakeskin. Also installed an XKGlow Professional series led lighting package (took 18hrs to install).

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW is THAT drop dead GORGEOUS or what!!!!!! Thats so purdy I wouldnt want to cover it up by sitting on it!!!!! :scared:

Would love to see more pics and some vids Chief - both very easy to do.. With pics the number one issue folks have (IMHO) is trying to load pics that are to big. I set my cheapy camera to econo mode and dont have to resize em before stickin em on the club house wall. If you find that you cant do that, resizing using "Paint" is always an option - clip em down to smaller than 1000x500 and you should be good to go.. Vids are wayyyyyyyyyyy easy,,, just load up to YouTube and copy/paste the URL into any of your post and BINGO - up pops the vid (demo below).. Its fun and entertaining IMHO but be forewarned - I find doing the vids addictive and I got NOTHING (well,,,other than my 1 year old grandson but his mommy wont let me plaster vids of him all over the internet:grandpa:) even close to as showable as the seat on your new scoot - you will definitely get addicted!!!!!!

PLEASE SHOW THAT PUPPY OFF TO US CHIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can believe that...but...(a sick sounding laugh...) they HAD an HD to trade in on. Their HD dealer, at least------------------>delivered one to them...:(

Enjoy your beaut!

I am really shocked at all this Yam and truly sorry to hear of your plight.. Here locally in West Michigan the new Venture is actually a pretty hard sell for our dealerships. I know that our closest one (Babbitts in Muskegon) has them in stock and are shaving prices trying to sell one. The salesman who I talked to there when I went down to look at the new Wing simply said "dont look good for Yamaha" when I asked about how it was going with the new Venture/Eluder sales as I tripped over the red one setting right next to the entrance door...

Our other local dealer to the north has historically a hard time selling streetbikes (still has left over Honda CTX's for CHEAP as an example) and they are in the same boat.. David Allen Racing is the name of that dealership if anyone is looking for a good deal on a new Venture - really nice workable bunch of guys up there!! This dealer is in Fremont Mi and is directly across the street from a Harley shop.. The two dealerships are owned by really good guys and I can tell you that in this area,,, the flow of HD riders jumping ship from big twin HD to big twin Venture is nothing like mentioned above.. Matter of fact,,, here in our area - it seems to be a consensus that if a person is gonna spend HD type $$'s for a big twin air cooled belt driven push rod touring bike they may as well just grab a Harley,,,,, definitely not like up in Canada by the sounds of things... Wonder if with exchange rates as they are and the willingness to deal down here as it is,,, why not drop into one of our shops and grab one??

I am really not to surprised that you couldnt get delivery to your door though right from Mom Yam as the bikes come crated and must be put together and as part of the deal I knew it was illegal for them to sell you a crated scoot.. When I had my dealership years ago I did purchase some left over Yamaha dirtbikes out of Canada though at auction (wow was that lucrative) all with MSO so the same rules may not apply up there.... Either way,,, sad to hear your plight,,,,,,, maybe time to call Mom Yam and see if she wont step on some dealership toes for ya... Seems she would after all the holdup and if she wants to sell the things and actually turn the touring world upside down like she said she was gonna do..

I am really shocked at all this Yam and truly sorry to hear of your plight.. Here locally in West Michigan the new Venture is actually a pretty hard sell for our dealerships. I know that our closest one (Babbitts in Muskegon) has them in stock and are shaving prices trying to sell one. The salesman who I talked to there when I went down to look at the new Wing simply said "dont look good for Yamaha" when I asked about how it was going with the new Venture/Eluder sales as I tripped over the red one setting right next to the entrance door...

Our other local dealer to the north has historically a hard time selling streetbikes (still has left over Honda CTX's for CHEAP as an example) and they are in the same boat.. David Allen Racing is the name of that dealership if anyone is looking for a good deal on a new Venture - really nice workable bunch of guys up there!! This dealer is in Fremont Mi and is directly across the street from a Harley shop.. The two dealerships are owned by really good guys and I can tell you that in this area,,, the flow of HD riders jumping ship from big twin HD to big twin Venture is nothing like mentioned above.. Matter of fact,,, here in our area - it seems to be a consensus that if a person is gonna spend HD type $$'s for a big twin air cooled belt driven push rod touring bike they may as well just grab a Harley,,,,, definitely not like up in Canada by the sounds of things... Wonder if with exchange rates as they are and the willingness to deal down here as it is,,, why not drop into one of our shops and grab one??

I am really not to surprised that you couldnt get delivery to your door though right from Mom Yam as the bikes come crated and must be put together and as part of the deal I knew it was illegal for them to sell you a crated scoot.. When I had my dealership years ago I did purchase some left over Yamaha dirtbikes out of Canada though at auction (wow was that lucrative) all with MSO so the same rules may not apply up there.... Either way,,, sad to hear your plight,,,,,,, maybe time to call Mom Yam and see if she wont step on some dealership toes for ya... Seems she would after all the holdup and if she wants to sell the things and actually turn the touring world upside down like she said she was gonna do..

All I can tell you is what I’ve experienced here in the South. As a matter of fact, there is a HD dealer I found online that is selling Ventures! Oh, BTW; as far as value goes, you will not find a comparably equipped HD for anywhere near the price of the SVTC.

I went to a local biker bar (hard core HD riders) who came out to look at my SVTC. After covering all the functions, price & Warrantee one of the riders said “MAN! If this is what Yamaha is doing SCREW Harley!”

Yes, up here, they are getting better coverage, it seems. Puc, what I meant by taking delivery to my house, was not directly from Yamaha, but from them shipping the bike to my dealer...his accepting it in Feb...his putting it together...and his trucking it to my house as the delivery point. Never got that option, only B.S. as to ...they are still waiting to hear from Yamaha...when they are going to ship my bike to them. Like I said...total B.S. They refused the delivery attempt.

The SVTC's are a lot of money up here....MSRP 31,999.00 but compared to the Harley...more bank for the buck. As for buying one in the States...(unless I was planning to come back home to Arizona....) it's a hassle, that you have to convert the MPH, to KPH and other rigamarole. Like I stated here, I'm certainly not going to 'knee jerk'...but will look at the '19's...and I will certainly look at an Ultra Classic as well for the 2019 model year. Harley dealers up here...are hurtin' bad...and they are very motivated to make a deal. So...if I don't end up with an SVTC at the end of this month...I'm going to go to ground. Get my refunds...drop them back into the bank...and lay low. Enjoy my Kawasaki...my wife can enjoy our horses...and all will be good. This Fall, when they are even more motivated...I'll look back in on Yamaha and Harley. We'll see who courts me with the best bang-fer-the-buck. :) Still hoping though, within the coming 2 weeks, my vaporbike Yamaha Bull slinger, calls me to tell me 'it came in' and mean it.... Yeah...we'll see...! If I do end up looking once more into Yamaha...will I go back to this dealership? No way...no way.

Edited by YamahaParExcellence

Yes, up here, they are getting better coverage, it seems. Puc, what I meant by taking delivery to my house, was not directly from Yamaha, but from them shipping the bike to my dealer...his accepting it in Feb...his putting it together...and his trucking it to my house as the delivery point. Never got that option, only B.S. as to ...they are still waiting to hear from Yamaha...when they are going to ship my bike to them. Like I said...total B.S. They refused the delivery attempt.

The SVTC's are a lot of money up here....MSRP 31,999.00 but compared to the Harley...more bank for the buck. As for buying one in the States...(unless I was planning to come back home to Arizona....) it's a hassle, that you have to convert the MPH, to KPH and other rigamarole. Like I stated here, I'm certainly not going to 'knee jerk'...but will look at the '19's...and I will now certainly look at an Ultra Classic as well. Harley dealers up here...are hurtin' bad...and they are very motivated to make a deal. So...if I don't end up with an SVTC at the end of this month...I'm going to go to ground. Get my refunds...drop them back into the bank...and lay low. Enjoy my Kawasaki...my wife can enjoy our horses...and all will be good. This Fall, when they are even more motivated...I'll look back in on Yamaha and Harley. We'll see who courts me with the best bang-fer-the-buck. :) Still hoping though, in 2 weeks, my vaporbike Yamaha Bull slinger, calls me to tell me 'it came in' and mean it.... Yeah...we'll see...!

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW is THAT drop dead GORGEOUS or what!!!!!! Thats so purdy I wouldnt want to cover it up by sitting on it!!!!! :scared:

Would love to see more pics and some vids Chief - both very easy to do.. With pics the number one issue folks have (IMHO) is trying to load pics that are to big. I set my cheapy camera to econo mode and dont have to resize em before stickin em on the club house wall. If you find that you cant do that, resizing using "Paint" is always an option - clip em down to smaller than 1000x500 and you should be good to go.. Vids are wayyyyyyyyyyy easy,,, just load up to YouTube and copy/paste the URL into any of your post and BINGO - up pops the vid (demo below).. Its fun and entertaining IMHO but be forewarned - I find doing the vids addictive and I got NOTHING (well,,,other than my 1 year old grandson but his mommy wont let me plaster vids of him all over the internet:grandpa:) even close to as showable as the seat on your new scoot - you will definitely get addicted!!!!!!

PLEASE SHOW THAT PUPPY OFF TO US CHIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, here ya go!

All I can tell you is what I’ve experienced here in the South. As a matter of fact, there is a HD dealer I found online that is selling Ventures! Oh, BTW; as far as value goes, you will not find a comparably equipped HD for anywhere near the price of the SVTC.

I went to a local biker bar (hard core HD riders) who came out to look at my SVTC. After covering all the functions, price & Warrantee one of the riders said “MAN! If this is what Yamaha is doing SCREW Harley!”

The pics below are taken from the actual hard copy of the magazine article that Duey posted the online version of found here:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?135569-Gen3-Venture-Comparo&p=1033658#post1033658

Notice that the MSRP for the HD as tested (deluxe version with 2 tone paint) is only a few hundred dollars more than the MSRP on the as tested "TC" Venture (now if you were talking about comparing the Polaris - HOKEY SPAMOKEY = WAYYYYY OUT OF LINE IMHO).. Given, the Venture has the reverse gear but the HD has water cooled heads making it run cooler and allowing for better performance (out of the three bikes - Polaris, Yam and HD = HD had the best performance). For folks riding in higher temp areas, heat management may trump having a reverse and for folks who can no longer push a touring bike backwards then the reverse will trump having a cooler running bike IMHO..

As far as the 500 dollar difference in upfront cost if thinking bang for the buck,,,, it has been my experience (and given,, I am probably an oddball in this) that Harley's hold their value 2nd to none in the market place.. A good example is what you see early model Ventures (which I LOVE by the way) selling for, its not uncommon to grab a good running model for under a grand and have a non running parts bike even given away before seeing it go to a scrap yard.. I have bought and sold many Harleys of this same vintage and have yet to resale one for under 5 grand (more for the older Shovels in decent running condition) and 3 thousand for a parts HD big twin is actually a common low figure in todays starving market place - in all my years of buy/sell/ownership/fixin I have yet to see a HD big twin go to scrap and have seen many Yam Ventures end up in the scrap pile at their end... All that said,,, when it comes time for trade in or resale = that 500 dollar difference upfront will be repaid over and over again..

Another thing concerning value IMHO... While at Sturgis last year when demoing the new Venture I grabbed one of Mom Yams accessory books and it contained 3 pages of parts = all cosmetics.. I recently grabbed my new HD accessory book = 1 1/2 inch thick and that was just the accessory book.. HD also has what they call their "performance book" where everything from cams, jugs, pistons, push rods, tuners and on and on can be found and this little performance accessory book in itself is x20 of the Yam entire book...

Another issue has to do with the dealerships themselves when it comes to value IMHO... Around here our HD shops are HUGE into promoting our sport.. They offer everything from training courses to regular Meet n Greets. Our local metric shops - including Yamaha - offer nothing even close. Plus, the Harley shops found along the pathways criss crossing the country are 20 to 1 or better more popular than the Metrics IMHO..

I hope I dont sound like I am bad mouthing the Mother ship here cause I am not,,, its just that the choice to jump into the Harley circle and compete with The Motor Company was made by Mom Yam and, again IMHO, if she is gonna go toe to toe with the air cooled v-twin push rod world leader in both price and stated offerings than the facts of an open/honest comparo will prevail.

DSCN6353.JPG

DSCN6352.JPG

DSCN6351.JPG

DSCN6350.JPG

DSCN6349.JPG

Ok, here ya go!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On::sign Rock On:

The pics below are taken from the actual hard copy of the magazine article that Duey posted the online version of found here:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?135569-Gen3-Venture-Comparo&p=1033658#post1033658

Notice that the MSRP for the HD as tested (deluxe version with 2 tone paint) is only a few hundred dollars more than the MSRP on the as tested "TC" Venture (now if you were talking about comparing the Polaris - HOKEY SPAMOKEY = WAYYYYY OUT OF LINE IMHO).. Given, the Venture has the reverse gear but the HD has water cooled heads making it run cooler and allowing for better performance (out of the three bikes - Polaris, Yam and HD = HD had the best performance). For folks riding in higher temp areas, heat management may trump having a reverse and for folks who can no longer push a touring bike backwards then the reverse will trump having a cooler running bike IMHO..

As far as the 500 dollar difference in upfront cost if thinking bang for the buck,,,, it has been my experience (and given,, I am probably an oddball in this) that Harley's hold their value 2nd to none in the market place.. A good example is what you see early model Ventures (which I LOVE by the way) selling for, its not uncommon to grab a good running model for under a grand and have a non running parts bike even given away before seeing it go to a scrap yard.. I have bought and sold many Harleys of this same vintage and have yet to resale one for under 5 grand (more for the older Shovels in decent running condition) and 3 thousand for a parts HD big twin is actually a common low figure in todays starving market place - in all my years of buy/sell/ownership/fixin I have yet to see a HD big twin go to scrap and have seen many Yam Ventures end up in the scrap pile at their end... All that said,,, when it comes time for trade in or resale = that 500 dollar difference upfront will be repaid over and over again..

Another thing concerning value IMHO... While at Sturgis last year when demoing the new Venture I grabbed one of Mom Yams accessory books and it contained 3 pages of parts = all cosmetics.. I recently grabbed my new HD accessory book = 1 1/2 inch thick and that was just the accessory book.. HD also has what they call their "performance book" where everything from cams, jugs, pistons, push rods, tuners and on and on can be found and this little performance accessory book in itself is x20 of the Yam entire book...

Another issue has to do with the dealerships themselves when it comes to value IMHO... Around here our HD shops are HUGE into promoting our sport.. They offer everything from training courses to regular Meet n Greets. Our local metric shops - including Yamaha - offer nothing even close. Plus, the Harley shops found along the pathways criss crossing the country are 20 to 1 or better more popular than the Metrics IMHO..

I hope I dont sound like I am bad mouthing the Mother ship here cause I am not,,, its just that the choice to jump into the Harley circle and compete with The Motor Company was made by Mom Yam and, again IMHO, if she is gonna go toe to toe with the air cooled v-twin push rod world leader in both price and stated offerings than the facts of an open/honest comparo will prevail.

You sound more like a Harley afficiando than a Venture fan. There info on the TC warranty is INCORRECT. TC model comes with 5 ur warranty. Also, the level of amenities as far as electronics is NOT taken into account with the HD. You could ADD all that MAYBE but the price is nowhere near as quoted. As far as resale value, yes IF you have someone willing to pay that. Obviously there is. When you look at COST OF OWNERSHIP, or repair costs and frequency of repairs (reliability) again HD falls WAY short, unless you’re one of those gear heads that do it all themselves. I am for the most part, but I’d rather be riding than repairing. In my rides of HD full dressers, the unit did not feel “solid”. It’s like the bags and stuff were hung on it but not solidly integrated so it left a “jiggly” feeling IMHO. I do agree that a downside is that Yamaha went with air cooled. I’ve been riding on some 80 degree days already and it is warm but not intolerable. Don’t forget that TV has 38 GALLONS of storage onboard. HD is not even close.

You sound more like a Harley afficiando than a Venture fan. There info on the TC warranty is INCORRECT. TC model comes with 5 ur warranty. Also, the level of amenities as far as electronics is NOT taken into account with the HD. You could ADD all that MAYBE but the price is nowhere near as quoted. As far as resale value, yes IF you have someone willing to pay that. Obviously there is. When you look at COST OF OWNERSHIP, or repair costs and frequency of repairs (reliability) again HD falls WAY short, unless you’re one of those gear heads that do it all themselves. I am for the most part, but I’d rather be riding than repairing. In my rides of HD full dressers, the unit did not feel “solid”. It’s like the bags and stuff were hung on it but not solidly integrated so it left a “jiggly” feeling IMHO. I do agree that a downside is that Yamaha went with air cooled. I’ve been riding on some 80 degree days already and it is warm but not intolerable. Don’t forget that TV has 38 GALLONS of storage onboard. HD is not even close.

Actually I am a HUGE Yamaha Venture fan but also a HUGE HD fan - I like em all - truthfully I have never met a bike I didnt like!! I have been riding the Ventures since 87, am in the process of wearing out my 6th one and have truly enjoyed every moment of owning, touring, torturing and riding these totally misunderstood, often overlooked and wayyyyyyy under valued magnificant machines.. On the same token though,, I do believe in calling a spade a spade. When Mom Yam decided to listen to the Star air cooled V-Twin design group and step off into direct competition with Harley on well established Harley ground at the same price point as a comparable HD then all avenues that HD represents are on the discussion block and open for honest debate IMHO..

That being said and calling a spade a spade,, I think if you look closely at the Yamaha Venture warranty you will probably discover that the actual factory warranty on the new Venture is 1 year.. The actual factory warranty on the HD is 2 years. Yamaha's claimed 5 year warranty is actually made up of 4 years of "extended warranty" which, like it or not,, is not the same as a factory warranty.. On the 2nd Gens = Not long ago Yamaha actually did give a factory 5 year warranty I believe and the extended warranty is a totally different animal IMHO. Some will say its same same but if that were the case,, why the change?

Given the Venture does have 38 gallons of storage and the HD is shy of that by 3 gallons but considering that max payload on the Venture including 2 riders is 412 pounds (kind of interesting cause lots of 2 up teams that I know are pretty close to this limit or over it in just rider/passenger weight) and the Harley tops this at a 435 pound payload capacity it all sort of balances out IMHO..

Truthfully I hope Mom Yam finds the success she is looking for in :stickpoke: with Harley and only time will tell whether or not the sales will be there.. I still do have my reservations concerning the matter and still think that if Mom Yam would have stuck a detuned/tuned for torque, water cooled, shaft driven V-Max motor with even 10 more HP then the 160 horse Beemer and a torque curve dynoing out to +15 foot pounds over this air cooled V-Twin Strat motor and dropped the over all weight instead of increasing it she could have had a much better chance at actually turning the touring world up side down as planned...

The SVTC's are a lot of money up here....MSRP 31,999.00 but compared to the Harley...more bank for the buck. As for buying one in the States...(unless I was planning to come back home to Arizona....) it's a hassle, that you have to convert the MPH, to KPH and other rigamarole. Like I stated here, I'm certainly not going to 'knee jerk'...but will look at the '19's...and I will now certainly look at an Ultra Classic as well. Harley dealers up here...are hurtin' bad...and they are very motivated to make a deal. So...if I don't end up with an SVTC at the end of this month...I'm going to go to ground. Get my refunds...drop them back into the bank...and lay low. Enjoy my Kawasaki...my wife can enjoy our horses...and all will be good. This Fall, when they are even more motivated...I'll look back in on Yamaha and Harley. We'll see who courts me with the best bang-fer-the-buck. :) Still hoping though, in 2 weeks, my vaporbike Yamaha Bull slinger, calls me to tell me 'it came in' and mean it.... Yeah...we'll see...!

Yam,, my R1 has a digital speedo which I assume the new Venture is too.. On my R1, converting from MPH to KPH is just a matter of pushing a button. I wonder if this isnt the case with the new Venture too..

I wonder if there are other emission type stuff that has to be met for Canada?? I have sold numerous bikes into Canada thru the years and, other than making sure all the recalls were up to date, I dont recall anything special needing to be done...

... If I do end up looking once more into Yamaha...will I go back to this dealership? No way...no way.

My how things have changed since this post - http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?135515-The-phone-call-that-I-have-been-waiting-for-Yeeeehawww!-Let-the-games-begin!-)&p=1032429#post1032429

Don't give up on the Venture just because of one dealer. Lots of Yamaha dealers around if they don't deliver the bike to you soon. You picked the Gen 3 for a reason. And definitely call Yamaha Canada and complain. If they don't offer you something (even a t-shirt) for your troubles, ask for a discount as a loyal customer....or at least a patient one.

My how things have changed since this post - http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?135515-The-phone-call-that-I-have-been-waiting-for-Yeeeehawww!-Let-the-games-begin!-)&p=1032429#post1032429

Don't give up on the Venture just because of one dealer. Lots of Yamaha dealers around if they don't deliver the bike to you soon. You picked the Gen 3 for a reason. And definitely call Yamaha Canada and complain. If they don't offer you something (even a t-shirt) for your troubles, ask for a discount as a loyal customer....or at least a patient one.

True Don, true, and no, I haven't 'given up'...and yes, there are other dealers (have already contacted three over the last two weeks)...and will explore them...but I want mine from (red color) the crate, not from the dealer showroom floor. From the past, I have my reasons, :)

Like I said, if the deal doesn't come through...and now I have my doubts, I'll lay low..and watch out for the '19's, and still will look at all my competition choices. I'll have the time... :)

Up here, most stock is already on the showroom floors, and red's are (up here..) hard to come by.

Thanks for the comebacks and encouragement. You can understand, that in feeling played, and B.S.'ed to (having learned months after the fact) ...I am not so rah, rah, as before, as my natural excitement...well..has waned. Natural fall-out.

You see, my personality has always been the guy, with the half-full glass of water. I naturally (by personality) offer first trust, rather than suspicion. This is not the same as reckless, due caution...like being a natural target for con people or scammers/phone/email/at the front door, etc, but I felt 'good' about this particular dealer, when contracting for a bike last October. I never in a million years, would have thought that a dealer would refuse a customers bike delivery from the Yamaha Canada shipping office (for any reason, let alone a self interest one of not wanting to store it over the winter months.) if there was a deposit on that bike, and with such a long built-in waiting time because of the Yamaha call-back, and shipment delay of over three months past P.R. reveal time-line shipping announcements. So, the disappointment is felt stronger with me. I'm being open and honest. I deal honestly with all people, am square and upfront in all my personal, and business dealings, and EXPECT, others to carry on with integrity as well, in this regard. I believe, you are never a fool to MAKE a mistake in judgement or Life, no...but you **are**, if you repeat the same mistake. Only then...

Who knows...maybe something will gel, in the next two weeks. I will be contacting Yamaha Canada over this for sure, because they need to know...and also..why THEY have not done a custom reserve call back, to phone their dealer 'what's up' query with this customer's deposit reserved, delivery. Apparently they never did, (from my limited true knowledge of all that behind the scenes, transpired) past the first attempt to deliver to the dealer last February.......so, I need to investigate this all, before lodging a formal complaint. None of this passes the stench test...on a few levels...in my IMPO, anyway.

Joe

Yam,, my R1 has a digital speedo which I assume the new Venture is too.. On my R1, converting from MPH to KPH is just a matter of pushing a button. I wonder if this isnt the case with the new Venture too..

I wonder if there are other emission type stuff that has to be met for Canada?? I have sold numerous bikes into Canada thru the years and, other than making sure all the recalls were up to date, I dont recall anything special needing to be done...

Thanks Puc...and will certainly look into that then...

Cheers!

Puc, your points and comments, are of course through your eyes, and experience. I respect that. You also ring true on a stand out point. All the Toronto Harley dealerships (including those out of the GTA) are always advertising "c'mon down...have burgers, donuts, coffee...meet and greet other riders, ask them questions on the models you are, or could be interested in"...stuff like that. You are very accurate in that! You NEVER see a 'metric' dealer do such..only if the manufacturer is staging demo rides in their area...but nothing like the aforementioned. That...is true. I never really 'dwelled' on that...but a good point of community, and drive some business up, contact. I like the SVTC ...NO...I REALLY LIKE the 2018 SVTC...and am a strong supporter of its features set. Heck...we 'supposedly' (sic) bought/ordered one! We do hope the deal consummates. If not...I have wasted 6 months waiting on this dealer. Yes, as was pointed out by another, there are other dealers..and I have already been in contact with three of them...not sitting around with my thumb up the nether regions, but all have advised me, that they have their stock in...nothing in stock and 'red', and nothing left in the back room, crated. Just a personal predilection for taking delivery of a new bike..from factory crate, to my hands...

I wish that instead of these latest posts coming from me...that it would have been GOT IT HOME...WOW...first ride...here's the scoop. Not the guy waiting at the alter for the no show... We'll see...there's still two weeks left from my cut-off point for having waited enough. Crossing my fingers that the true phone call comes...and we set up a take delivery time. That would be fantastic. Just no longer holding my breath, and accepting the so-far, spoon fed, delay reason, B.S.

Cheers! Oh..have you had a chance to use your new chain alignment tool? Mine came the next day after ordering It's great...and is going to put string and scotch tape manufacturers, out of business, ROTFLMBO!

I totally agree, and that's what so peaked our interest in the SVTC over buying the 2018 Honda Goldwing to replace the wing we traded in on. If I don't end up getting my SVTC because the the shenanigans of my contracted dealer, then I'm only being honest, in stating that between May, and next Fall, I will look once more at everybody's 2019 offerings, and make my decision again. We need a dedicated tour bike, for my wife will never ride with me again, if only having my Sports Tour. So...yes...we will be buying another between May and Fall of this year for sure. Still going to look at everybody once more though. That is only an honest intent. :)

Cheers,

Joe

Actually I am a HUGE Yamaha Venture fan but also a HUGE HD fan - I like em all - truthfully I have never met a bike I didnt like!! I have been riding the Ventures since 87, am in the process of wearing out my 6th one and have truly enjoyed every moment of owning, touring, torturing and riding these totally misunderstood, often overlooked and wayyyyyyy under valued magnificant machines.. On the same token though,, I do believe in calling a spade a spade. When Mom Yam decided to listen to the Star air cooled V-Twin design group and step off into direct competition with Harley on well established Harley ground at the same price point as a comparable HD then all avenues that HD represents are on the discussion block and open for honest debate IMHO..

That being said and calling a spade a spade,, I think if you look closely at the Yamaha Venture warranty you will probably discover that the actual factory warranty on the new Venture is 1 year.. The actual factory warranty on the HD is 2 years. Yamaha's claimed 5 year warranty is actually made up of 4 years of "extended warranty" which, like it or not,, is not the same as a factory warranty.. On the 2nd Gens = Not long ago Yamaha actually did give a factory 5 year warranty I believe and the extended warranty is a totally different animal IMHO. Some will say its same same but if that were the case,, why the change?

Given the Venture does have 38 gallons of storage and the HD is shy of that by 3 gallons but considering that max payload on the Venture including 2 riders is 412 pounds (kind of interesting cause lots of 2 up teams that I know are pretty close to this limit or over it in just rider/passenger weight) and the Harley tops this at a 435 pound payload capacity it all sort of balances out IMHO..

Truthfully I hope Mom Yam finds the success she is looking for in :stickpoke: with Harley and only time will tell whether or not the sales will be there.. I still do have my reservations concerning the matter and still think that if Mom Yam would have stuck a detuned/tuned for torque, water cooled, shaft driven V-Max motor with even 10 more HP then the 160 horse Beemer and a torque curve dynoing out to +15 foot pounds over this air cooled V-Twin Strat motor and dropped the over all weight instead of increasing it she could have had a much better chance at actually turning the touring world up side down as planned...

All good points, Puc. Human nature though, is 'in the eye of the beholder'. I don't think that in the case of the SVTC first year adopter, (including myself), that we are looking at the purchase as an R.O.I. bang for the buck. I think rather, an R.O.E. (return on expectation) with a more emotional draw...and the on board features that cater to that. We also bought into the SVTC, in that, truly for us...if the frame and mechanics proved reliable and strong...this would be most likely that last new motorcycle acquisition by us, and would most likely be passed onto my son, rather than my putting on the market to recover whatever residual value as cash. So that was our thinking this time around. But..if I don't get my reserved one this April...I can and will look once more at the comparable HD mount. Why not? It's game time again. I will go back into it, SVTC biased...but would be foolish, not to at least see what HD has up their sleeve in answer to the SVTC for the 2019 model year. I think they must acknowledge it...for sure...and might drop their price, or add as standard same or most of the features seen on the SVTC launch. That is my personal take on what they will do...to keep HD momentum not being diluted by the SVTC launch. It's a wait and see, and I might once more be in that position to do just that. Not by choice, though!

All good points, Puc. Human nature though, is 'in the eye of the beholder'. I don't think that in the case of the SVTC first year adopter, (including myself), that we are looking at the purchase as an R.O.I. bang for the buck. I think rather, an R.O.E. (return on expectation) with a more emotional draw...and the on board features that cater to that. We also bought into the SVTC, in that, truly for us...if the frame and mechanics proved reliable and strong...this would be most likely that last new motorcycle acquisition by us, and would most likely be passed onto my son, rather than my putting on the market to recover whatever residual value as cash. So that was our thinking this time around. But..if I don't get my reserved one this April...I can and will look once more at the comparable HD mount. Why not? It's game time again. I will go back into it, SVTC biased...but would be foolish, not to at least see what HD has up their sleeve in answer to the SVTC for the 2019 model year. I think they must acknowledge it...for sure...and might drop their price, or add as standard same or most of the features seen on the SVTC launch. That is my personal take on what they will do...to keep HD momentum not being diluted by the SVTC launch. It's a wait and see, and I might once more be in that position to do just that. Not by choice, though!

Eye of the beholder = no truer words have ever been spoken Yam = fact of life.. Good example,,,,,

Hanging out with the rag tag gang of lop eared neighborhood biker dude varmints at the local HD shop in the dead of winter a few years ago, I get up from the coffee table to mix up another brew for the crew (them other varmints is as lazy as the putzy 45 degree big twins they ride :big-grin-emoticon:) when I walked past a new model Street Glide sitting next to a new model Electra Glide Classic.. My neighbor who is one of our crew and also works the floor as a salesman for the dealership was standing next to me and noticed the look on my face :scared: when I noticed the two scoots had exactly the same MSRP on them = $17,984. He stared at me when, in my usual - from the hip way said = "that makes absolutely no sense".. My point was, the Street Glide was a totally stripped down version of the Classic with a plain jane black paint job (not that the black wasnt nice = IMHO, NO ONE paints a scoot like those boys in Milwaukee -TOP QUALITY and second to none!) with identicle frames, motors, forks, wheels and shocks but no trunk, no saddle bag guards, no cruise and no stereo... I said to my neighbor - how on earth you gonna sell that (pointing at the Street Glide) when for exactly the same price a person can buy that (pointing at the Classic) and strip it down and have all those parts left over to use if needed and end up with that (pointing back at the Street Glide).. My salesmen neighbor laughed and motioned me over to the parts counter and, while digging thru the parts fishe,, says = "because of the way you think, this is REALLY gonna fry your bean".. We sat there and added up well over $4000 worth of extra parts a person would be taking off the Classic to turn it into a Street Glide and have in their possesion should they ever decide they wanted/needed the parts.. Just the trunk assembly with no hardware was well over 2 grand..

After that,, my buddy smiled and said - now I am gonna really twist your brain - he then informed me of EXACTLY the pinnical of what your initial statement of "the eye of the beholder" represents.. He says Barney,, believe it or not most people dont think like you do (once the odd ball always the odd ball I guess).. Case in point, he says,, that plain jane Street Glide is HD's number 1 seller - it outsells that Classic 20 to 1!!!! :scared:

Funny thing was that at the end of that year when the smoke had cleared and we all were back down there drinking up Clydes Coffee (Clydes the owner) that same saleman mentioned that all the Streetglides were long gone but I984 wanted a new left over $17984 Classic I could name my price and probably end up with one.. $14000 slowly rolled off my lips and my buddy smiled and said,, if your serious I could probably make that happen...

Yep,, I TOTALLY get that eye of the beholder routine...

Edited by cowpuc

Eye of the beholder = no truer words have ever been spoken Yam = fact of life.. Good example,,,,,

Hanging out with the rag tag gang of lop eared neighborhood biker dude varmints at the local HD shop in the dead of winter a few years ago, I get up from the coffee table to mix up another brew for the crew (them other varmints is as lazy as the putzy 45 degree big twins they ride :big-grin-emoticon:) when I walked past a new model Street Glide sitting next to a new model Electra Glide Classic.. My neighbor who is one of our crew and also works the floor as a salesman for the dealership was standing next to me and noticed the look on my face :scared: when I noticed the two scoots had exactly the same MSRP on them = $17,984. He stared at me when, in my usual - from the hip way said = "that makes absolutely no sense".. My point was, the Street Glide was a totally stripped down version of the Classic with a plain jane black paint job (not that the black wasnt nice = IMHO, NO ONE paints a scoot like those boys in Milwaukee -TOP QUALITY and second to none!) with identicle frames, motors, forks, wheels and shocks but no trunk, no saddle bag guards, no cruise and no stereo... I said to my neighbor - how on earth you gonna sell that (pointing at the Street Glide) when for exactly the same price a person can buy that (pointing at the Classic) and strip it down and have all those parts left over to use if needed and end up with that (pointing back at the Street Glide).. My salesmen neighbor laughed and motioned me over to the parts counter and, while digging thru the parts fishe,, says = "because of the way you think, this is REALLY gonna fry your bean".. We sat there and added up well over $4000 worth of extra parts a person would be talking off the Classic to turn it into a Street Glide and have in their possesion should they ever decide they wanted/needed the parts.. Just the trunk assembly with no hardware was well over 2 grand..

After that,, my buddy smiled and said - now I am gonna really twist your brain - he then informed me of EXACTLY the pinnical of what your initial statement of "the eye of the beholder" represents.. He says Barney,, believe it or not most people dont think like you do (once the odd ball always the odd ball I guess).. Case in point, he says,, that plain jane Street Glide is HD's number 1 seller - it outsells that Classic 20 to 1!!!! :scared:

Funny thing was that at the end of that year when the smoke had cleared and we all were back down there drinking up Clydes Coffee (Clydes the owner) that same saleman mentioned that all the Streetglides were long gone but I984 wanted a new left over $17984 Classic I could name my price and probably end up with one.. $14000 slowly rolled off my lips and my buddy smiled and said,, if your serious I could probably make that happen...

Yep,, I TOTALLY get that eye of the beholder routine...

"Ten-Four, good Buddy!" :)

Joe

Cheers! Oh..have you had a chance to use your new chain alignment tool? Mine came the next day after ordering It's great...and is going to put string and scotch tape manufacturers, out of business, ROTFLMBO!

Not yet,, ordered it after reading your post.. I did get this in my email this morning though:

Track Your Shipment:

This shipment includes the following items:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD=width: 150]Item #[/TD]

[TD=width: 550]Description[/TD]

[TD=width: 150, align: center]Qty[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F[/TD]

[TD]08-0048[/TD]

[TD]MOTION PRO 08-0048 Chain Alignment Tool Brand New Yamaha Honda Kawasaki ATV MX[/TD]

[TD=align: center]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you in the future!

PWC Parts

Email: slecsign@yahoo.com

Got LOTS of plans for the warmer weather ahead Joe!!!!!

The Sure Park system itself would cost another $2000 or better on the HD alone.....not to mention the electric adjustable windshield!!!!

Not yet,, ordered it after reading your post.. I did get this in my email this morning though:

Track Your Shipment:

This shipment includes the following items:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Item #[/TD]

[TD]Description[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Qty[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/24J7pVULZyNzIewZipPF4ZgZQ9vKfHPpY7KRFQc3Qn9hkiZG2Mn41K_ePrALBzim1WHYZhEUPDNC01rdbpCjDwfEbqgBb5ydvm1Bd5lk4ps7RNHXdZt0I5P5eDXFim647xoyHFKH--P3ZZY3o5uPVJzqvL0G8OjxKFAciHk94q7QC7c81_27NxIw1_n2=s0-d-e1-ft#http://src.shipstation.com/150/150/https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/Mzc1WDUwMA==/z/n9kAAOSwe-FU8NrT/$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F[/TD]

[TD]08-0048[/TD]

[TD]MOTION PRO 08-0048 Chain Alignment Tool Brand New Yamaha Honda Kawasaki ATV MX[/TD]

[TD=align: center]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you in the future!

PWC Parts

Email: slecsign@yahoo.com

Got LOTS of plans for the warmer weather ahead Joe!!!!!

Yep, that's the exact one I got. Takes less than 30 seconds to seat it over the links, making sure the two side feet snug up against the face of the rear sprocket. Move the sight rod to the most forward position, lock down...and gauge it against the right side wall of the chain run. 1 minute, you have a gauge how parallel it is to the front and back sprocket. With the old string, tape, and yard stick method, this could have taken (with adjustment) an hour or more, and it could all fall apart if you hit the front wheel, or the dang string popped off. This thing is fantastic. I'm going to keep it always in the bike, so as if I have to service my tire anywhere...or after a tire install...pop it goes on...take a read, adjust the rear tire/rim, if needed..and back into the secret-handshake-place in the bike, lol. I needed this 50 years ago!

Post Edit: Now...it's too bad that you can't use this, or they have something created for Belt Drive installations. Well, I don't know that as I type, for a fact. I'm going to go now and do a Google search for if there is something like this chain tool, to make sure your belt drive/tire is aligned to the pulleys. I can just imagine how a off-set pulley wall ,could chew out your belt, like a guy chewing tobacco! Ok...taking a sip of morning coffee and going to go visit the Google Lady....on this matter.

• 1 year later...
I'm sure you'll enjoy this ride. I've had mine four weeks now and it is an amazing machine!

Thanks for the VOX warning. I'll be doing some testing this weekend. I'm hoping the constant broadcasting issue only happens when the passenger PTT button is engaged and not when the VOX is being used. I want to be able to use the CB on group rides but still have the intercom available, but not have everyone in the group hearing the intercom traffic! It's hard to believe that the designers thought that this is the proper functionality for something like this. I had told the dealership about this issue and when I stopped by there today my salesman said that a Yamaha Rep was in earlier so he asked him about this. The Rep had never heard of such a thing, said something like, "Is that really how it works?"

Oh well...

I remember when I was an instructor at S8G prototype (Trident submarineJ and I was showing the battery rep the battery. The first words out of his mouth were “ I didn’t know we made them that big”.