IGNORED

Why I live in Arizona - Part 2,653

videoarizona

Oh yeah,, and where da heck is Riv??? Hope he is on some great big amazing adventure of his own and not stranded on AZZI out of gas and low on water... Hey Riv,, send us up a smoke signal or two will ya!!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I was riding around the curves of the bird sanctuary in Patagonia, I thought...hmmm... I haven't heard from VanRiver in sometime?? We usually meet in the Spring... So James, where art thou?? Here's hoping all is well up North!

Hey videoarizona and @cowpuc I'm still alive and kicking! Sorry, I haven't had much time to keep up on the ol Venture forum....work totally has been cramping my style! Thanks for thinking of me! I should be down in AZ next week, if you are around let's do one of our usual "meetings to solve the world's problems"! Been too long since our last visit!

Edited by VanRiver

Hey videoarizona and cowpuc I'm still alive and kicking! Sorry, I haven't had much time to keep up on the ol Venture forum....work totally has been cramping my style! Thanks for thinking of me! I should be down in AZ next week, if you are around let's do one of our usual "meetings to solve the world's problems"! Been too long since our last visit!

James!

Let's do that. You have missed the absolutely best riding we've had in years for May. This morning it was 48 degrees in Green Valley. Nice riding. I'm hoping the weather will co-operate next week when you come down and we can ride! Maybe a run up to Prescott for an all day adventure!

Regardless of the weather, looking forward to having our meet and eat somewhere in the wilds of the desert!

:beer::biker:

Speaking of weather in Arizona. This past month of May has been fascinating! It has been way below normal temps all but 6 days. Seriously cool here. It snowed in Flagstaff 2 days ago.

So what do I do when I wake up to temps in the 50's...go ride, of course!

Took my normal zoom down to Rio Rico for breakfast. Came around a curve in traffic at 75 mph, and lo and behold, the right lane was blocked with hay scattered all over the lane. Thankfully, the guy in the pick up next to me saw the problem and sped up...while I slammed on the brakes and goosed the bars for a quick sideslip into the passing lane. Do I like the handling of the Shinko's? Uh...yea...I slid right in behind the pickup and he raised his hand...I saluted him saying thanks! I simply couldn't see anything in that lane except for the trucks heading down to Nogales for some veggie pickups. BTW, trucks going over hay bales on the road makes for an interesting visual. It's like the hay bales exploded!

Back to breakfast...Had my usual except without the taters and toast. Trying to cut down on weight, ya know.

I was offered their cowboy beans...what a good choice with eggs!

20190524_100447.jpg

On the way home...stopped for the obligatory pics...and then goosed it getting back on the slab. What a pleasure that bike is in 2nd gear! Breaking the speed limit in 2nd gear is a thrill...at least for me. And we do get there rather quickly, too!

20190524_093558.jpg

By the way, this area I stopped is now up for sale. One of my favorite places to stop and enjoy the views. Hope someone doesn't buy the land then close it off to traffic.

Edited by videoarizona
sp of course

Hey videoarizona and cowpuc I'm still alive and kicking! Sorry, I haven't had much time to keep up on the ol Venture forum....work totally has been cramping my style! Thanks for thinking of me! I should be down in AZ next week, if you are around let's do one of our usual "meetings to solve the world's problems"! Been too long since our last visit!

Heyyyy,, look who showed up,, waddup @VanRiver Riv!! Glad to hear your still hard at it!! Keeping busy here myself as of late,, in the middle of marrying off my 2nd born daughter = TONS OF FUN!! Not as much fun as your having though I bet,, working and all that stuff,,, sucks being retired :crackup:,,, ok,, I'll stop,, love me inspite of my :stickpoke: ways will ya brother?

Gotta get some sleep here so I can get up and finish putting this Arbor together so I can pick up people at the air port so I can on and on and on till the wedding over.. Then I can go back to being me...

If you and @videoarizona do hook up,, have an ice cream cone on me will ya,, just tell Vaz to pay for it and I will reimburse him,,, maybe :essen_024::backinmyday::rotfl:

Are you sure you want to sell that Gen 1? :stickpoke:

Yea....I need to. It's never been I want to sell...it's I need to. I've been fighting with the sell idea for sometime now. :cry: Not enough time or money to work on the toys, and I'm not getting younger. Insurance and registration on the bikes has gone up as well. Last, the 1st gen is getting taller and harder to ride...or I'm getting shorter and weaker!! Grins!

Plus, we are downsizing. Getting older and no longer need all the "stuff" I've accumulated over the past 71 years. Sad to see so many things go out the door. But that's needed as I have one more move to make and don't want to cart "stuff" just to store it. So everything is changing...at least for me. Now I understand why my mom wanted to retire in New Hampshire. She didn't want any more changes late in life. Change gets harder as I get older.

I'm open to offers on the 1st Gen. At some point, I'll post it in the for sale area (if that still works...I remember there was a problem for a while).

Anyone who makes an offer or is serious, I'll always be willing to have a PM/phone dialog about the scoot. Whatever you need to know...I'll tell you where she is at. She will go across country if you want to rider her home...or shipping can be had.

I thoroughly enjoy every ride I take on her. But she's not had the miles put on her that she should. For that matter, neither has the RSV since my trip to cowpuc land.

Sigh....:beer:

Edited by videoarizona
bad grammar, bad, bad!

Yea....I need to. It's never been I want to sell...it's I need to. I've been fighting with the sell idea for sometime now. :cry: Not enough time or money to work on the toys, and I'm not getting younger. Insurance and registration on the bikes has gone up as well. Last, the 1st gen is getting taller and harder to ride...or I'm getting shorter and weaker!! Grins!

Plus, we are downsizing. Getting older and no longer need all the "stuff" I've accumulated over the past 71 years. Sad to see so many things go out the door. But that's needed as I have one more move to make and don't want to cart "stuff" just to store it. So everything is changing...at least for me. Now I understand why my mom wanted to retire in New Hampshire. She didn't want any more changes late in life. Change gets harder as I get older.

I'm open to offers on the 1st Gen. At some point, I'll post it in the for sale area (if that still works...I remember there was a problem for a while).

Anyone who makes an offer or is serious, I'll always be willing to have a PM/phone dialog about the scoot. Whatever you need to know...I'll tell you where she is at. She will go across country if you want to rider her home...or shipping can be had.

I thoroughly enjoy every ride I take on her. But she's not had the miles put on her that she should. For that matter, neither has the RSV since my trip to cowpuc land.

Sorry to say this but welcome to the past 70 crowd. I can't ride my 02 RSMV with confidence so that means no riding. Turned in the tags for it and the cargo trailer. At least it doesn't cost me to leave it sit. :backinmyday::crying::95:

:farmer:

Sorry to say this but welcome to the past 70 crowd. I can't ride my 02 RSMV with confidence so that means no riding. Turned in the tags for it and the cargo trailer. At least it doesn't cost me to leave it sit. :backinmyday::crying::95:

:farmer:

Seee,, see why I got Maggie my bucket list R1 when I did? I simply asked myself the question of if the mid 60's was gonna hurt so much, I wonder what crossing into the 70's was gonna be like and BINGO,, instant R1 time!!:big-grin-emoticon:

• 3 months later...

Got up this morning to a nice, cool breeze and I heard the RSV calling me. Got dressed and hit the road. Went clockwise this time...on my loop to Sahuarita, Sonoita, Patagonia, Nogales, Rio Rico then home. Left at 7am. Arrived home at 11 am. Breakfast at the Stage Coach Inn restaurant. Still good (and I've been going there for over 25 years). First went there to spend the night while filming a Solar documentary many moons ago.

Restaraunt.

20190921_085144.jpg

Front of Hotel in Patagonia. Newer Victory shared the motorcycle parking area. My RSV was NOT intimidated at all!!

20190921_084925.jpg

Photos of the Sonoita area. Tucson is way to the north over my right side mirror. Way back there. See it? nah...behind those mountains....

20190921_081925A.jpg

More of the mountain range. My home is on the other side....

20190921_081903A.jpg

Nice day for a ride....Our riding season is back!! Who Hoo!

:beer::biker: