IGNORED

Hi Ladies

Yama Mama

Hi Ladies, my name is Peggy but my site name is Yama Mama. I used to post on here all the time, but as life goes on, things change. I just thought I would see if there are any new women members here. I also would like to know if you ride your own motorcycle or if you are a passenger like me. My husband and I have ridden together for many years. We have a 99 RSV and we have ridden many places together. When we bought our bike it had 4000 miles on it and now we have 67,000 miles on it. We really started riding regularly after our three kids got older and were never home. We live in Cincinnati, Ohio, we built our own house with just my Father in law helping, other than the bricks we did it all. I am an RN and I worked my last working career in a school district for 22 years. I have now been retired for 5 years. I have found that I enjoy writing, and so I have been writing stories everyday of the week on Facebook. It has become a habit that I have been doing now for 2 years. So I told you all about me, now if anybody is out there, may be you can tell me about you.

Yama MamaP1040508.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi "Yama Mama" and all the other ladies! I go by Luvda Leather aka Nanci Rogers. I live right below the Oregon border in California on the I-5 corridor; Montague CA. We started with a 2000 RSV which we bought from my old boss who went "totally Harley" (we even had a Harley clock in the office)! The first time I rode with my husband on our RSV I felt as if I had "come home". I was smitten with motorcycling!

I rode as a passenger for about 4 or 5 years as I was completely new to the world of motorcycles. At 48 yrs old, I then chose to learn how to ride. I started with a 96 Virgo 1100, then to a VStar 1100 Custom, to a VStar 1100 Silverado, to a 2000 Royal Star where I fell in love with the V Four motor. Discouraged with the lack of power from the 2000 RS (I was always downshifting on our many mountain hills) I tried my husband's white 06 Tour Deluxe and I was sold. I liked white he loves red so he got an '09 red RSTD. A big bike works great for us here in our valley as Mt. Shasta produces high winds on a regular basis and our bikes cut right threw the wind!

To make the tall RSTD fit, I lowered the seat on my bike and brought myself forward, swapped out he handle bars and viola; it fit my 5'5" height. I recently went to a Russell Day Long Seat which is awesome.

My business is Ace High Leathers www.acehighleathers.com and motorcycling sparked my love for leather. I have been in business for 13 years and specialize in motorcycles, however I produce all kinds of leather products.

I am also a motorcycle instructor teaching one on one classes. I love teaching women to ride as the methods I use instills a confidence which allows them to ride comfortably with guys.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi "Yama Mama" and all the other ladies! I go by Luvda Leather aka Nanci Rogers. I live right below the Oregon border in California on the I-5 corridor; Montague CA. We started with a 2000 RSV which we bought from my old boss who went "totally Harley" (we even had a Harley clock in the office)! The first time I rode with my husband on our RSV I felt as if I had "come home". I was smitten with motorcycling!

I rode as a passenger for about 4 or 5 years as I was completely new to the world of motorcycles. At 48 yrs old, I then chose to learn how to ride. I started with a 96 Virgo 1100, then to a VStar 1100 Custom, to a VStar 1100 Silverado, to a 2000 Royal Star where I fell in love with the V Four motor. Discouraged with the lack of power from the 2000 RS (I was always downshifting on our many mountain hills) I tried my husband's white 06 Tour Deluxe and I was sold. I liked white he loves red so he got an '09 red RSTD. A big bike works great for us here in our valley as Mt. Shasta produces high winds on a regular basis and our bikes cut right threw the wind!

To make the tall RSTD fit, I lowered the seat on my bike and brought myself forward, swapped out he handle bars and viola; it fit my 5'5" height. I recently went to a Russell Day Long Seat which is awesome.

My business is Ace High Leathers www.acehighleathers.com and motorcycling sparked my love for leather. I have been in business for 13 years and specialize in motorcycles, however I produce all kinds of leather products.

I am also a motorcycle instructor teaching one on one classes. I love teaching women to ride as the methods I use instills a confidence which allows them to ride comfortably with guys.

Nanci you are my new mentor. I think it is wonderful all the things you are doing to promote leather and motorcycling. Good for you. Ride safe and enjoy the wind in your face.

Yama Mama

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am starting to think there are not too many ladies reading the posts on here. But due to the fact I have very little sense, I will try to extend this post a bit longer.

Ladies please come aboard and write about your motorcycling experiences.

I personally have a million of them I could tell.

Here is a photo of me in 2009 in Sturgis. Now that was quite an experience. We rode almost 2000 miles that trip and it was in 8 days.

Yama Mama6413_1198488129121_1436053047_1717598_1586169_n.jpg