IGNORED

'83 Carb Rebuild Kits??

Working on a '83 for my son. I would like to pull carbs and clean them. But I don't like to crack open carbs before I have new seals and gaskets. I am not finding any rebuild kits available and I've read in past threads they are not available. What do you all do when you need to crack open 83-84 carbs?

Thanks

Wow!

I wish I'd have found that kit before I bought my carb parts a la carte! I spent much more than that per carb and got less in the bargain.

When I was digging around, the only kits I could find were >$50.00 ea.

Edited by luvmy40

I also bought the air cut off diaphragms too pretty cheap on ebay for 4 of them. I rebuilt my carbs for roughly $200 or little less. The carbs that I have on tinker now are the ones i rebuilt myself with this very kit. Now I just need to find ultrasonic cleaner to clean up my other parts carbs and possibly build another set...

The one thing I would recommend is to pay for the on-line tracking if you are in a hurry for the kits. I used the regular cheap shipping and it took about a month to get the kits. Use the cheap shipping if you are not in a hurry. I found this kit, mine is the for 1300 carbs, to contain all the o-rings and gaskets needed. No matter what kit you buy, you will still need to hit Yamaha up for some of the parts. I found that the float needle and seat assemble from Yamaha also includes the filter net that fits on top of the assemble.

Hope this helps out.

Rick F.

The one thing I would recommend is to pay for the on-line tracking if you are in a hurry for the kits. I used the regular cheap shipping and it took about a month to get the kits. Use the cheap shipping if you are not in a hurry. I found this kit, mine is the for 1300 carbs, to contain all the o-rings and gaskets needed. No matter what kit you buy, you will still need to hit Yamaha up for some of the parts. I found that the float needle and seat assemble from Yamaha also includes the filter net that fits on top of the assemble.

Hope this helps out.

Rick F.

Yep he is the one that found this originally just didn't remember his screen name to tag him, and this guy here is one of them that I consider to be a guru on our bikes.