IGNORED

Asheville 2018

Venturous Randy

Well, I have received many requests about Asheville(actually, just one so far) and would like to know how much interest there is?

I have to say that two years ago I seriously thought about cancelling due to lack of response and we ended up having a great time with some really great friends. We had a lot show up and some we had not seen for a while.

For anyone not familiar with the Asheville event, we usually have it around the third weekend of August at the KOA campground east of Asheville, near Swannanoa, NC. It is a beautiful campground and we kind of build a little village near the pond. For those that do not camp, there are cabins there and some motels close by.

This is a really laid back get-together with no registration fees and if you want a door prize, you will need to bring it. It is more like an extended meet and eat with some great riding and we always seem to do a lot of eating. I would especially like for some of our newer members to have an opportunity to meet some of us in person and have a great time.

And, it does not matter if you are on a Venture or a Harley or your pickup truck, we would still love to see you there.

Randy

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I get feeling better and if Venturous Randy decides he really is done riding and ever puts that amazing 83 of his with the modified transmission up for sale here in the club and if I can afford what he needs to get for it and can find a U-Haul truck to go down there in Tennessee and get it so I can buy it from him, bring it home and combine Randy's bike with the one I got from Carbon One last year that I combined with Tweeks so Tip and I can get a chance to experience an 83 with that awesome modded tranny, that the math genius gear ratio master Randy almost had me convinced to come to his house and do to Tweeks, all before ride season gets here, it would be a riot to take that bike after getting things all switched around on it and see if it could find it's way back to its home down south even after it had a bunch of Yankee parts put on it and a trip to Ashville would be the perfect way to test it ... Maybe some of those stickers from rides past down yonder would help it find its way,, maybe not,, but maybe..

:big-grin-emoticon:

I LOVE the south!!

Randy you have got good timing, I had actually written a post asking about the dates for Asheville and someone came in and I had to go do some work ( oh that four letter word) I'll be glad when I can retire like you but anyway when I opened VentureRiders back up you had posted. great to hear from you and I'm glad you are still interested in Asheville. I believe I remember after Vogel someone mentioned the week of the 15th. I just need to know because the vacation schedule will be down to me in a couple of days so I can put in for it.

Putting this on my calendar and think it’s a great idea. So many I’ve not had the privilege to meet and now living near Knoxville gives me the opportunity to do just that.

Going to make our plans to be there.

Thanks Randy!!!

Hey Woodie, what's the saying, "great minds think alike"?

The week of the 15th of August would be the weekend of the 18th and 19th with the 15th being on a Wednesday. As far as I am concerned, I say let's go for that weekend. If nothing else, we will plan on going camping there together and see if anyone wants to join us. Like I said earlier, last time ended up being a blast even though Skid did have to leave early.

Cowpuc, I would love to see you at Asheville. If I can get you to show up for entertainment, we would have a great turnout.

Randy

Randy in the past we run from Wednesday till Sunday, so can we make the 15th thru the 19th the dates?

Sounds good to me. I just talked to KOA East Asheville and right now that D section is open and so are cabins.

There phone number is 828-686-3121 and address is: 2708 Old US Hwy 70 E, Black Mountain, NC 28778

Randy

Randy I wish it was an earlier week or month as I have wanted to get down to the Ashville rally for a few years. I can't make it as the wife wants to go to the WNY rally and it is the same dates as Ashville. Have to please the wife as it is our 45 anniversary on the 18th. :bawling:

I'll go. Probably take my touring bike instead of my venture chopper - the beast just attracts too much cop attention. About 850 miles from Madison, WI.

zag

If you come we may come up with a prize for the longest trip. Maybe a special bottle of Woodie's homemade water. Would you be tenting it or what?

Randy

Nobody cares how you get there, just get there. You wont be the first or last to show in a cage.

I believe I will attend. No comedy like Puc and very little Venture tech, but I need to go and I am close. Will see about a cabin tomorrow. Can my wife and I four wheel there?

My knees are week and hard to control with a passenger. Solo not so bad.

:farmer:

If you come we may come up with a prize for the longest trip. Maybe a special bottle of Woodie's homemade water. Would you be tenting it or what?

Randy

Yup, tenting would be my plan. My Honda Sabre is set up pretty good for long trips - waterproof hard cases and extra gas tanks with a fuel pump. My venture is really just for local cruising although it is really comfortable - just too much cop-bait. Still haven't gotten a ticket for not having a horn, but maybe some sharp trooper will check it out. F'em.

zag

Randy I wish it was an earlier week or month as I have wanted to get down to the Ashville rally for a few years. I can't make it as the wife wants to go to the WNY rally and it is the same dates as Ashville. Have to please the wife as it is our 45 anniversary on the 18th. :bawling:

:scared:,,, now I KNOW we gotta make the rounds this year! Hit Ashville on the way over to catch up with Mr. and Mrs. Roller to congratulate them on the AWESOME accomplishment!!

CONGRATS YOU TWO LOVE BIRDS!!!:173::173:

**** NOTE TO SELF ****

Dont forget camera, xtra batteries and xtra SD card.. Plan on doing exclusive YouTube production of documentry interview with Mrs. Roller exploring the answers of HOW and WHY.... Could be interesting... :big-grin-emoticon::missingtooth:

Love ya Roller:big-grin-emoticon: