IGNORED

Asheville 2018

Venturous Randy

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except for some clothes, we are packed, I will try to get Linda out of here before lunch and hope to be there by 2PM on Wednesday. As for now, the rain has been moved up until Friday in Asheville, but it is supposed to be hot Thursday, but cooler after. We will probably get some lunch on the way down.

Randy

We hade a good trip home and got everything separated and washing clothes. I mowed some on the yard since it was relatively dry and should have been mowed before we left Wednesday. I have pulled a muscle in the right side of my back in the last few days and doing anything just about takes my breath away. But, with not participating in last nights festivities, at least I don't have a hangover.

I had a good time and it was great to spend time with some old friends.

Randy

We hade a good trip home and got everything separated and washing clothes. I mowed some on the yard since it was relatively dry and should have been mowed before we left Wednesday. I have pulled a muscle in the right side of my back in the last few days and doing anything just about takes my breath away. But, with not participating in last nights festivities, at least I don't have a hangover.

I had a good time and it was great to spend time with some old friends.

Randy

Good to see yall, Hope your back feels better.

Glad everyone made it home safe. Sorry I couldn’t stay longer. Much thanks to Woody & Trina and all those who made the hospitality tent just exactly that! Surprised that all you folks who’d never seen an SVTC up close and in person didn’t mention an appearance of one. Oh well.

I did have one startling event while in Asheville. Linda and I took off to Marion NC in my Miata to get on the Blue Ridge Parkway and also eat in Little Switzerland. There is the BRP and a road slightly below that comes around the back of the Inn. As we were getting close to the Inn on the low road in a bad thunder storm with real heavy rain, just to my left there was a lighting strike on the side of the road. There was not lighting and then thunder, but a very loud explosion with big sparks flying very close. We realized that being in a convertible with a canvas top was not much different than being on a motorcycle.

We were lucky on this one.

Randy

I did have one startling event while in Asheville. Linda and I took off to Marion NC in my Miata to get on the Blue Ridge Parkway and also eat in Little Switzerland. There is the BRP and a road slightly below that comes around the back of the Inn. As we were getting close to the Inn on the low road in a bad thunder storm with real heavy rain, just to my left there was a lighting strike on the side of the road. There was not lighting and then thunder, but a very loud explosion with big sparks flying very close. We realized that being in a convertible with a canvas top was not much different than being on a motorcycle.

Randy

I am very happy you had no damage/issues with this. :backinmyday:

:farmer:

Randy

Glade y'all are ok, that had to be a shocking experience.