IGNORED

Papillion Tops again!

s.tyler58

Sounds great. Lets see this is were I grew up. Ripley, N.Y.. The furthest town that you could get away from NYC. located as the western most town in N.Y. A once prosperous town that has had a population as high as 26,000 back in the 1800's. It now struggles as a town at all. There are no gas stations now, when there used to be 8 when I graduated high school. There is one bar left in the whole town, when there used to be 7 when I graduated high school. All factories are shuttered and torn down with no prospects left for employment. The only business left is farming which I do or I would have had to leave also. All this because of high taxation and bad state politics. But the sign says at the state line "Welcome to the EMPIRE STATE". Boy, that couldn't be any more right on. If we that are left could, we would gladly succeed from N.Y. just to get away from the big city tyrants. :bang head:

I have a daughter at Purdue, graduates in May, offered a job at Hormel Foods in Fremont, she is moving to the west outskirts of Omaha. I'm going with her in March to canvas the area and apartment hunt, along with a plant tour. I keep hearing great stories of the area. With you not far, I'll have to trailer my Bike once she settles, and we'll go riding. That way if my 83 breaks down, you'll have parts :happy34:

I spent a total of about 2 years living in Auburn NE while I worked contract at the Cooper Nuclear Power Plant about 1 hour 15 minutes south of Omaha. I like the little town of Auburn. It was about as close to Mayberry as you could find at that time. Reminded me of the little town where I grew up in NC. Since I was divorced at the time, I usually went to Omaha to have fun on the weekends. They offered me a permanent job at the Cooper Plant but it was too freaking cold in the winter for a southern redneck!

I have a daughter at Purdue, graduates in May, offered a job at Hormel Foods in Fremont, she is moving to the west outskirts of Omaha. I'm going with her in March to canvas the area and apartment hunt, along with a plant tour. I keep hearing great stories of the area. With you not far, I'll have to trailer my Bike once she settles, and we'll go riding. That way if my 83 breaks down, you'll have parts :happy34:
At the worst, we could get one bike running out of the two and take turns riding! Fremont's actually a pretty nice town. 15-20 minutes from Omaha. It isn't Papillion though.

in the Eternal scheme of things, this isn't even the blink of an eye.