IGNORED

Dark side tire

mantree91

So I did a bit of searching and I found out that that it actually has a section width of 6.495" where as stock tires are 5.51" so that's 0.986" wider or about 0.493 per side. Dose anyone know what the drive shaft clearance is? My bike is sitting in a garage about 30 miles away.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Good find Man's... I for one would LOVE to find a car tire that would fit my 1st Gens as I tend to go thru tires fairly quickly.. I have tried numerous times to locate one and have some comments to make about what you have found here.. I think you should repost this thread or I will copy/paste your thread over to the Water Hole in an effort to draw more attention to it and see if we cant get more knowledgeable input there then I can offer... O.K.?

Good find Man's... I for one would LOVE to find a car tire that would fit my 1st Gens as I tend to go thru tires fairly quickly.. I have tried numerous times to locate one and have some comments to make about what you have found here.. I think you should repost this thread or I will copy/paste your thread over to the Water Hole in an effort to draw more attention to it and see if we cant get more knowledgeable input there then I can offer... O.K.?
It would be fantastic if you were to copy it. I just knew that sidecar riders would be interested

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FYI...a Dunlop E3 rear tire (MU90B16 Bias Ply) is 25.72 inches in diameter and 5.57 inches wide @40 PSI per Dunlop specs on their website.

The nut on the swingarm is actually closer to the tire than the driveshaft housing. I did a rough measurement and the nut is .375" from the tire and the driveshaft housing is .437". NOTE: this is with the bike on the centerstand and 38 PSI in the tire. If the bike is on the road surface, the additional weight of bike and rider may affect tire width and of course the tire bulge may vary by type and brand of tire.

I got the measurements from inserting pieces of steel in different thicknesses between the tire and swingarm nut, and tire and drive shaft housing. I did not take a great deal of time to do this, so the measurements should be taken as approximate. Too cold in my garage to lay on the floor for precise measurements.

100_2970.jpg