IGNORED

Prayers Requested for my Family

In the early hours of January 1st, 2018, My brother in law, my wife's brother, Terrence Sharick lost his year-long battle with Pancreatic Cancer. It was the week after Thanksgiving of 2016 that we learned of his diagnosis. Though the doctors didn't wish to make a prediction, the general thought was that he had between 4 and 6 months to live. What they could not have known though was that Terry was a fighter and had such a strong will to live. Though there were some bad days over the past year, there were also so very many great days. In spite of his deteriorating health, he was able to take Eileen's Spyder for a couple of rides and we were even able to take the Waverunner's out for a few hours at the end of the summer. Over the past few weeks, his pain sometimes got out of control but he never lost his great sense of humor and we had many laughs and good times. We feel that Terry had determined that he would make it through the Holidays and due to that determination, we were able to have very nice Thanksgiving and Christmas days. Terry was not afraid to die. He had come to terms with that. What hurt him the most was knowing that he was going leave behind, at least for a while, the people that he loved so dearly and that he knew loved him in return. We know that he fought to live and defied the odds, as much for us as he did for himself. Terry, you will be missed. It was time for your pain to end though. You fought the good fight and complained very little. We know that you are in a better place now and we know that someday, we will all be together again. Yes, it hurts and will for some time but we are happy that your battles are over. We take comfort in knowing that your earthly trials have concluded and it would be selfish of us to wish for them to have continued. We know that you are OK now and you must know that we will be as well. God Speed our Brother, we will laugh again and rejoice in our reunion.

IMG_0958.JPG

May the peace that passes all understanding be yours. There are and will be many times in our lives that we must suffer and deal with loss, sometimes a loss so great that we can't see the tunnel, let alone the light at the end of it, but if we ask, we can receive a peace that goes far beyond our sorrow and I know that you have it available to you all. As you go through this time of mourning may you be comforted by His Spirit and rest in the assurance that one day all this will all come to an end and we will be in peace and harmony forever. A great mystery for sure! Blessings to you all as you discover yet another aspect of our Father.

I am very sorry for the loss in your family and my prayers are with you and your family. In November my father-in-law passed and in December my dad passed, thru my experience I am here to reassure you that the God of all mercies will not leave your side during this difficult time. May His peace bring you comfort, God bless.