IGNORED

Venture cold ride record?

s.tyler58

Okay so it's supposed to get down to 18 below zero tonight. Streets are dry but Gravely. How far or how fast the guide need to ride the venture to make it official if I want to ride in 15 degree below zero temperature just to say I did it?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I would say that at your age, if you get up and down the drive it would be considered. Now for me? I would at least want to go around a city block to put that in the record books,,, as long as the block only has 4 houses on it,,,, one on each side to be clear!!!

I would say that at your age, if you get up and down the drive it would be considered. Now for me? I would at least want to go around a city block to put that in the record books,,, as long as the block only has 4 houses on it,,,, one on each side to be clear!!!
There's a bank with time and temperature on it a mile and a half away but I'm not man enough for that

You have to go at least far enough to get the engine warmed up....................

A mile an a half to get a pic of you, your Venture and the Bank sign with temp would make it a good run.

It's inside my office / Depot so it's sitting at 68 degrees. I'll warm her up real good inside and then take the lap down to the corner and back. Would equal about six blocks on a normal street.57a76d9b90b12281e9db19c4467da400.jpg

Just be careful with those tires, I don't think they were made to be used at these temperatures, they may be a bit stiff and not grip at all.
Sure. Thanks. I just ran up here from home to do a little tinkering and reality set in with just the minor exposure of warming the car and driving 7 miles. It's dang cold. It makes 55° feel like a gorgeous afternoon in March.

" OK Google, how long does it take for eyeballs to freeze in in -18 degree temperatures?"

face shield good coat and gloves. You don't have to set land speed record. may be colder riding in one direction i.e. wind blowing snow. I have rode where my teeth was talking when I got home. Naughty teeth.
Well originally I had planned on good boots good gloves and my helmet. Only. But then I remembered that I don't drink anymore...

I didnt have a Venture back then. I had a Suzuki GS 1100 forget year. A group of us from my base rode up to OKC for a run back then they called "the candy ass". It was 7 when we left Altus, not much warmer when we got to OKC.

Last Thursday my shop here did not exist. Instead of riding in 15 below, I spent my hours putting this together. Time to start tearing down, cleaning up, replacing clutch springs, repairing plastic. Painting frame. Would it be sacrilege to paint her silver?

fc887b154fc5e386a0ac12d4bc315baa.jpg

• 3 years later...