IGNORED

2018 Star Venture TC Infotainment System

jozipp

SMS Text Messages do not appear on screen.

I can't get any SMS text messages to appear on my screen. I hear the announcement from my iPhone that I have a new message but it never shows up to read. I have gone through the bluetooth and phone setup and read the manual several times, the messages simply never appear on screen.

First of all, I think this is the first post we've seen from an owner of the 2018. Please post pictures because if you did, I missed them.

As to your question, I really don't know but what kind of phone do you have? I know that I have that same issue with my Nissan Murano. I have an Iphone and for whatever reason, the Iphone is not compatible with the Nissan system and I understand that this is a common issue with the Iphone. They don't always play well with such systems.

I can't get any SMS text messages to appear on my screen. I hear the announcement from my iPhone that I have a new message but it never shows up to read. I have gone through the bluetooth and phone setup and read the manual several times, the messages simply never appear on screen.

Hey,,, hold the presses. Are you saying you have bought a 2018 Venture? Really?

If so,,, congrats,,,, did not know they were for sale yet. (But I do see a Sacramento dealer who says he has one in stock to sell, thru Cycle Trader).

So,,, actually Jozipp,,,, you are the boss for now. Post some pictures, update us on the ride.

Had a similar issue with our Chrysler Pacifica van. For us the fix was to first pair the phone then, with the van still on (accessory mode) reboot the phone. When the phone came back up the UConnect in the van would read & display the text messages.

In my case, my Iphone connects easily to the Nissan Murano system. I can stream music, answers calls, etc. The only thing that doesn't work is the text message feature. I looked into it early on and came to the conclusion that the Iphone is just very finicky about which systems it will work with in regard to text messages. There was no known fix at the time. That was a couple of years ago and I've never looked into it again. Recently got a Iphone X and haven't tried it. I seldom drive the Murano and it's just not a big deal to me.

• 4 months later...

The CALL portion of the interface is via blue tooth. If you want to have the other functions such as your music & text, you need to plug your phone into the USB. My iphone 7+ is too big for the right front pocket, so i plug it into the trunk one (USB2) port.

The CALL portion of the interface is via blue tooth. If you want to have the other functions such as your music & text, you need to plug your phone into the USB.

I don't know about iPhone, but for Android, this isn't the case. I get call, text, Bluetooth audio and Pandora audio functionality all through Bluetooth.

That said, on page 11-14 of the Infotainment System Owner's Manual, it specifically states that the "phone" icon next to devices in the Paired Devices List is for "Phone (including SMS message)"[sic], and that the music note icon is for "Music playback". I would be very surprised if this is different between iOS and Android.