IGNORED

Burlington Ontario 7th Annual M&E 2018

saddlebum

Once again on January 6th 2018 , 6:30 pm I would like to put together a Meet and Eat here in Burlington Ontario, making this the 7th annual meet and eat. As in previous years this is the weekend of the NORTH AMERICAN MOTORCYCLE SUPER SHOW, which is a three day event here in Toronto Ontario SUPERSHOW - North America's Largest Motorcycle Show .

The place I have in mind will again be at TUCKERS MARKET PLACE in Burlington Ontario. Burlington | Tuckers Marketplace Restaurant . Which is about 25 minutes from the motorcycle show.

PLEASE RSVP ON CALENDAR LINK BELOW ASAP SO I CAN MAKE PROPER ARRANGEMENTS.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=501&day=2018-1-6

Edited by saddlebum

So do we all meet at the bike show then go to dinner?

If I go to the bike show, I wont have any money left for the dinner.

Don't know why they charge so much to get in, and walk around like a zombie in my biker vest and chaps, having gone there in my car...( its middle of winter! ) Besides, I don't need any more gloves or helmets. :smile5:

:beer::canada:

Edited by chabicheka

The only bike show I need is right here in my garage. Is the a better place to show my bike?

....and if you get tired of the view in your garage you can come over for a coffee and look at mine for a while :p

Great the next thing these two will want is for the rest of us to form a best bike judging committee.:doh:

I see the date and am looking forward to it.. What TIME?

Time has not been set but it will most likely be 6:30 PM I will know better when I book it.

Edited by saddlebum

• 1 month later...

Just;: to update as well as to remind everyone. Reservations have been made for 6:30 Jan 6 2018 at Tucker's Market place in Burlington Ont. I have made reservations for 20 to cover any last minute quests but RSVPing on the Calander will be a big help in case I have to make adjustments.

Edited by saddlebum

After careful deliberation, we won't be making it, it's just going to be too darn COLD this weekend! Besides, Becky has started her new diet and she wouldn't have come along so it would have been just me...

Now that's very brave of you,,, here we plan and move things around so that we have decent cold weather, something to snow about, something us Canucks call winter, and then you don't honor our invite. No problem though, can understand it for sure. We're not used to this anymore, and even if we were, age is telling us that maybe being less mobile is not so bad after all. Don't really know if that a good or bad idea, but we'll deal with what we got to work with, while we work with what we got to deal with.

I do have an order from F4 coming your way, once I order it, and that will happen once the temperature decides to get back up again.

I am a bit concerned about the cold temperatures too. My car battery really struggles to turn the engine, when it's too cold, and I wouldn't want that to happen in Burlington after the dinner.Temperature supposed to be close to -20 C around that time. So if I don't show up, you guys enjoy your dinner, and we shall meet another time.

If I do feel brave enough to come, I will leave as soon as I finish my dinner, while engine is still a bit warm and not frozen stiff.

:fingers-crossed-emo

I am a bit concerned about the cold temperatures too. My car battery really struggles to turn the engine, when it's too cold, and I wouldn't want that to happen in Burlington after the dinner.Temperature supposed to be close to -20 C around that time. So if I don't show up, you guys enjoy your dinner, and we shall meet another time.

If I do feel brave enough to come, I will leave as soon as I finish my dinner, while engine is still a bit warm and not frozen stiff.

No worries @chabicheka I always have a fully charged heavy duty truck booster pack in the pickup as well as cables. Your in good hands.

It maybe a good time to renew that battery thing before it leaves you stuck somewhere that leaves you out in the cold. Then it could cost a lot more than the price of a battery. I always have my batteries checked in the fall, my mechanic has this gauge that he plugs onto the posts and tells us immediately what the status is. If it's less than 80%, a new one goes in. I figure just the inconvenience of having to get a tow, or even the wait to get a boost (which may or may not work) is just not worth the effort of trying to milk the battery for it's last bit of life. A bad battery doesn't usually get any better as time goes on and can do a wonderful job of taking out the alternator with it .