IGNORED

New What Lies Beyond video shows the evolution of the Goldwing

perfpix

Interesting promotional. Looks like they liked the way Yamaha promoted the Venture!

Right there with ya Vaz!!!:thumbsup:

It will be interesting to see if past Wing riders who have been waiting for this next generation also agree with the past Venture riders who Yamaha's design teams responded to by going to an air cooled, belt drive big twin and see an all new air cooled V-Twin VTX Wing .. Wonder what those faithful Wing riders will say if the new Wing really is another air cooled V-Twin... It would be really interesting to go onto a Wing forum and post a poll asking just that;

How would you respond to a new Wing if it were built around a belt driven, air cooled V-Twin?

Personally,, my money's on Honda actually building a touring scoot comparable to, or even harder hitting than, the BMW1600 lots of long distance touring folks have been :scared: over.. I think it would be cool even if those guys at Honda upped the ante on their current 1800 by going 4 valve = get it into the 170 hp range.. Maybe pull the weight down to increase the hp/weight ratio..

Either way,,, V-Twin, 6 banger or 8,,, THANK YOU for the link Pix!! Definitely REAL exciting times to be a far rider!!!:12101:

Right there with ya Vaz!!!:thumbsup:

It will be interesting to see if past Wing riders who have been waiting for this next generation also agree with the past Venture riders who Yamaha's design teams responded to by going to an air cooled, belt drive big twin and see an all new air cooled V-Twin VTX Wing .. Wonder what those faithful Wing riders will say if the new Wing really is another air cooled V-Twin... It would be really interesting to go onto a Wing forum and post a poll asking just that;

How would you respond to a new Wing if it were built around a belt driven, air cooled V-Twin?

Personally,, my money's on Honda actually building a touring scoot comparable to, or even harder hitting than, the BMW1600 lots of long distance touring folks have been :scared: over.. I think it would be cool even if those guys at Honda upped the ante on their current 1800 by going 4 valve = get it into the 170 hp range.. Maybe pull the weight down to increase the hp/weight ratio..

Either way,,, V-Twin, 6 banger or 8,,, THANK YOU for the link Pix!! Definitely REAL exciting times to be a far rider!!!:12101:

Looks like a it will still be a 6 banger: 2018-Honda-Gold-Wing-leak-02.jpg

John

Looks like a it will still be a 6 banger: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110646

John

HOLY YAMAHA RnD PEOPLE JUMPING SHIP AND GOING TO WORK FOR HONDA AND REALLY TURNING THE TOURING WORLD UPSIDE DOWN LIKE THE SAID THEY WERE GONNA DO BATMAN AND WOWZY WOW WOW WOW:scared:,, IS THAT GORGEOUS!!!!:thumbsup:

That HAS to be a photo chop shop job,, there is so much high tech, high dollar RnD going on there that no one but the extreme wealthy could afford it (if a simple design air cooled v-twin HD, Polaris or Yamaha is MSRP +$26k the bike in the pic HAS to be in access of $75k MSRP or something is really wrong in our valuing system). That thing has so much going on it's hard to even look at!!!:scared:

Some things that my untrained/unskilled eyes think they see:

:scared: = some form cantilever, mono shock, girder front end that, WOWZY do I like the look of. Did Honda find a way to pull the extreme neck pressures off the steer bearings and increase stability of the front end in the process = LOOKS RIGID = LOOKS AWESOME!!

:scared:= is THAT a delta boxed aluminum frame spar like on my R1 I see :scared:? THAT has to be a teaser!!! If that is real, Honda just got very very serious about hp to weight ratio's IMHO (although this mathematical ratio is pooo pooed by many torque minded v-twin addicts as pointless, IMHO - this ratio IS the benchmark maker for anyone serious about real usable performance). Is it possible that they, Honda actually went against the rules of engagement and are gonna actually LOSE some weight from their current wing?

:scared: = is THAT some form of boosting apparatus on top where the intakes would be? Is that a turbo tube coming up from the front of exhaust manifold? :fingers-crossed-emo:big-grin-emoticon:

:scared: = are those precision sport bike brakes I see :fingers-crossed-emo:big-grin-emoticon:

Interesting promotional. Looks like they liked the way Yamaha promoted the Venture!
Yes but it also looks like Honda is about to deliver a real transcontinental tourer without "Emotion" that will however Venture Further.

I see:

Mono shock behind steering neck.(old concept...new design! That neck is beefy!)

Flat 6

Narrower frame by riders seat. All new it looks like.

Twin radiators up high with fans

She will have the power and speed of old with new agility and rigidness for twistis.

Sleek new looks...with an RSTD version available as well.

They are seriously answering Yamaha's call to Journey on!!

The challenge is on!

I see:

Mono shock behind steering neck.(old concept...new design! That neck is beefy!)

Flat 6

Narrower frame by riders seat. All new it looks like.

Twin radiators up high with fans

She will have the power and speed of old with new agility and rigidness for twistis.

Sleek new looks...with an RSTD version available as well.

They are seriously answering Yamaha's call to Journey on!!

The challenge is on!

:lightbulb:

If this one REALLY does turn the touring world upside down in both huge performance, amazing handling and outstanding new comforts for both rider and passenger maybe you and I could by a new one together.. I could keep it here and run the socks off it April thru September and you could torment the poor thing down in the heat during your ride season from October thru March!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:big-grin-emoticon:

:lightbulb:

If this one REALLY does turn the touring world upside down in both huge performance, amazing handling and outstanding new comforts for both rider and passenger maybe you and I could by a new one together.. I could keep it here and run the socks off it April thru September and you could torment the poor thing down in the heat during your ride season from October thru March!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:big-grin-emoticon:

Now wouldn't that be fun!!!

Sharing scoots!:biker::biker: