IGNORED

Make my XM play

Guest jet man

Guest jet man

Ok folks; I have a question concerning the xm roady ll as far as connecting it to the second gen. I am currently playing mine through the cassette deck for the digital sound. My question is; is there another way to listen to it digitally other than the cassette deck and other than the radio frequency? It seems that I heard of some one connecting it directly to the wiring of the stereo, but I am not sure. If anyone know's of this, or another way of connecting it, I sure would appreciate the info.

Jet man :superman:

Ok folks; I have a question concerning the xm roady ll as far as connecting it to the second gen. I am currently playing mine through the cassette deck for the digital sound. My question is; is there another way to listen to it digitally other than the cassette deck and other than the radio frequency? It seems that I heard of some one connecting it directly to the wiring of the stereo, but I am not sure. If anyone know's of this, or another way of connecting it, I sure would appreciate the info.

When you say cassette deck.Are you useing the actual cassette adapter.

Cause there's a 1/8 inch mini jack right next to the Cassette. its the hole on the right.

That's the AUX input. connect it to the XM headphone out

Guest jet man

Is their a head phone out on the xm roady ll? if that is the case then I just need an adapter cord to link the roady to the mp3 player port. If that is correct, would you let me know?

Robin got me a Roady XT satellite radio for the RSV. I mounted it tonight in the speaker grill with the adapter provided, and used the cassette player adapter. The antenna I just put on the gas tank next to the headset cord. It plays well, but I'm not so sure about using the speaker grill adapter to mount the radio, seems to bounce quite a bit. How have you mounted your radio?

Leonard

Guest jet man

I bought a roady ll gold wing mounting plate for my rsv and then had a buddy adapt a plate to screw to my left clutch cover and the whole thing bolts together over the radio module. the xm radio clips into the gw mount and the antanea sits on top of the plate magnetically. It's all one nice setup. When I get back home I will try to get a picture of it and post it. I am in california till the end of next week.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wild Bill

I have a 2006 RSV with headsets for wife and I. The cassette player seems a little backward in technology. Do you folks recommend ipod or satellite radio? Will either one plug into the auxilliary port next to the cassette player?