IGNORED

2018 Yamaha Star Eluder

I plan on purchasing the Eluder GT in a few months and have a question to anyone who already owns one. Do all the locking compartments lock automatically when you walk away and the security system engages?
I own the TC, but imagine it is same as the Eluder. Walking away automatically engages the alarm, but does not lock the compartments. For that you specifically need to push the lock button on key fob.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a 2018 star eluder and the seats suck looking to find if anyone has replaced their 2018 venture seat.

I have yet to find an aftermarket seat for the Eluder GT, I believe it was Ultimate Backrests that was looking to make a backrest for it, but the heated seats on the GT created issues for them and they will not be making a backrest for it, they do make one for the Venture, not sure if it works for the TC.

• 11 months later...

Hey guys - I'm a newbie to the group. I'm looking to upgrade to a bagger (Yamaha Star Eluder). I currently ride a 2007 Kawasaki 900 custom that I have modified over the years for the longer haul. I test rode the Eluder and was blown away (easy to be after what I've been riding for 12 years). I'd like to get an opinion from anyone who may have this bike? I haven't seen any on the road, I live in Los Angeles. Any advise? Words of wisdom? Thanks, in advance.

I own the TC, but imagine it is same as the Eluder. Walking away automatically engages the alarm, but does not lock the compartments. For that you specifically need to push the lock button on key fob.

While the trunk and bags are accessible if you just walk away, neither the fuel door nor the ignition switch will operate if the key is out of range.

I have now had the same battery in my remote for a couple of months. I have been using the switches on the gas tank to lock and unlock the bike. In fact, the manual states to press the unlock switch on the tank to "wake" the bike up to communicate with the fob. I had went through several batteries before reading this in the manual. No further frustrations with the fob.

Hello everyone,

I've ridden Yamahas since '79, and this Eluder is my 5th. Started on a DT250, then a 650 Special, 700 Virago, the Stryker, and now the Eluder. Had a big gap between the Virago and Stryker to marry and raise five kids.

Anyway, I was internet shopping and came across this silver Eluder GT for $15,999, and it was love at first sight. It was a demo unit with 18 miles, but never titled. On top of that, it came with the 1 year warranty plus 4 year YES coverage. Three days later, I was riding it home.

So far, I am very happy with the Eluder. I loved the Stryker's looks and handling, but since most of the guys I ride with have Road Glides and Ultras, I thought it was time for something a little cushier. I had no problem keeping up with the big boys on my Stryker, but the riding styles are completely different. Where the Stryker liked to be kept revved up to stay in the power band, the Eluder pulls from low revs with ease. I've only ridden it in Tour Mode, which has worked well for the break-in period, with it's lazier throttle response. Once I get the first service out of the way, I'll check out the Sport Mode, and see how it flies.

I wasn't interested in a big trunk. I also don't like a huge fairing, but do appreciate a good windshield. I had a tall windshield on the Stryker, which took away from the looks, but made it so much more usable. As I have a long torso for my height, I did get a lot of head buffeting with the standard short windshield on the Eluder. The medium is much better, and available at partspak.com for $30 under Yamaha's list price. It's a 10 minute direct swap that I HIGHLY recommend.

This is by far the heaviest bike I have ever ridden, and honestly, I was more than a little nervous pulling it out into the dealer's lot. 2 minutes out there, and I felt comfortable enough to take it on the road. It handles parking lots almost as easily as the 200lb lighter Stryker. There is no top-heaviness at all. Out on the open road, it handles curves and twisties way better than it looks like it should. I have no fear leaning it over. A few times I thought I should be hitting the scrapers on the floorboards, but haven't yet.

The seating position is good for me, without any adjustments, but is not as foot-forward as the Stryker. Extra long floorboards do allow just about any resting foot/leg position you like, from almost directly underneath to stretched straight out. That's with my 32" inseam. I was looking at the heel shifter as an add-on, because everybody I know who has one says it's the best thing since sliced bread, but the way Yamaha forces you to buy the billet toe shifter with it, has made me hold up on that. The seat's a little on the firm side, but am hoping it'll wear in with more use.

There is noticable heat when in stop and go traffic. My left inside thigh was feeling it when my buddies decided to detour through a state park recently. The speed limit was low to begin with (15), plus stop signs at every crossing. I hadn't noticed it before that. Ambient temp was upper 80s and sunny at the time.

The cruise control works great. It held steady at any speed I selected, and was easy to bump up and down as needed. I've never had cruise control before, but I might like it for certain situations.

The infotainment system has a gazillion screens to go through, but i've only just touched the surface with it. The bike came with the latest software so I haven't had to update it yet. I used the USB in the front cubby to charge my phone and my JUUL while out riding, and have also plugged a thumb drive in to play tunes. My droid connected easily to it, but I decided to unpair it since I don't have the wired headset. If there was a way to connect the bike to my Sena thru the bluetooth, I think it would be more use to me on the communications end. As it is now, I pair my phone with my Sena, with nothing paired to the bike. I normally wear a fullface helmet, and think my helmet speakers sound better then the bike's speakers. I'm sure anybody with a skid lid or no helmet would appreciate the bike's speakers more. They will get very loud. I did play an FM station thru my helmet and the bike at the same time, and THAT sounded pretty cool.

The navigation screen keeps track of location very well, but I haven't loaded any destinations or asked it for directions yet, so not sure how good it does with that.

MPG shows 41.1 on the bike display, but have yet to actually check it myself at the pump.

So far, I'm nothing but HAPPY with it!

Corbin makes a seat and I was told that Russell does also but haven't checked it out. The only mufflers that I know of made specifically are from a company named Tab Performance. I haven't tired yet but I figure that any turning mufflers for the Harley would work with a simple bracket fabrication.

• 1 month later...

I went to have my front tire mounted this afternoon and had the chance to sit on a 2018 Venture. It is true... the seat is indeed lower than my 07 RSV. The seat is not as soft as my RSV, but I think my sitting position on the ‘18 is similar to my ‘07. I loved everything I saw on the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk