IGNORED

Longing to CTFW!

s.tyler58

So,, is that Kansas City on the map the Kansas City from the song,,, Ohhh I'mm goin tah Kansas City - Kansas City here I come - day got some purdy little ladies and I'ma gonna - get me one?? If so,, doesnt it also go on to say something about trying to figure out how the singer is gonna get there???? Wonder if he ended up takin a Venture??

Also,, Ty,,, is the basis for that song the reason why your path leads right thru the heart of the City?? :big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

Nope. It's the place Private Mayo screamed about in An Officer and a Gentleman, "I got no place else to go!"

I probably should snoop around KC for a purdy gal. I haven't seen an attractive age-appropiate gal in these parts in several years. ( maybe I need to drop the word gal from my vocabulary?) The other part is that Age appropriate part, To be appropriate now means even older than when I quit looking 10 years ago. I tried Match.com for a minute, was very popular with the over 55, over 200 lbs. Ladies. I chose celibacy over suicide :-( :-(

And... with mornings like this I don't think I'll be doing any tent camping under the cell towers this year. But hey the weekend days look great if he really does get it done and ready to ride.

6c8f499b5bd5024d627a94553a67c427.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Edited by s.tyler58

Long weekend, hell your not that far from me. I am in Joplin now, tried to send smoke signals up for cowpuc but get he didn't see the Bat Signal. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110427

Must be those Irma winds down yonder sucking the air in the wrong direction or something Snype.. Normally my sniffer can sniff out fine grillin like that from thousands of miles away and Tweeks is spirited just enough to always get me there just in time for dinner!!

WOW that looks SCRUMPTIOUSLY DELICIOUS!!:fatsmiley:

Nope. It's the place Private Mayo screamed about in An Officer and a Gentleman, "I got no place else to go!"

I probably should snoop around KC for a purdy gal. I haven't seen an attractive age-appropiate gal in these parts in several years. ( maybe I need to drop the word gal from my vocabulary?) The other part is that Age appropriate part, To be appropriate now means even older than when I quit looking 10 years ago. I tried Match.com for a minute, was very popular with the over 55, over 200 lbs. Ladies. I chose celibacy over suicide :-( :-(

And... with mornings like this I don't think I'll be doing any tent camping under the cell towers this year. But hey the weekend days look great if he really does get it done and ready to ride.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170906/6c8f499b5bd5024d627a94553a67c427.jpg

That looks like wonderful tent camping weather, A bit on the warm side but otherwise looks wonderful.

Have you or anyone I guess, had experience with a one man tent? Favorites, reccomendations? Also, I'm tempted by this,https://goo.gl/9zYxYZ MSR WindBurner Stove System #REIapp

I've had a similar MSR product for about 15 years. Still works great! I do like this newer unit you like. The wind protection is most important...

ST...That stove uses a gas canister and the gas doesn't work well when the temps get below 32 degrees. The gas container loses pressure and the flame may be poor or may not light at all. Best way to preheat canister is to put it in the sleeping bag and keep it warm with your body heat. Look at a MSR Whisperlite stove. Uses liquid fuel, like Coleman fuel, and is not affected by cold. Works great down into the low teens.

Also, a one man tent will be very small and usually has no room for a backpack or small suitcase with clothes, etc. Strongly advise you look for a 2 man tent for the extra room. Very little difference in weight if you are concerned about that on a motorcycle. Also many good websites and Forums about motorcycle camping available on the Internet.

Jim

Have you or anyone I guess, had experience with a one man tent? Favorites, reccomendations? Also, I'm tempted by this,https://goo.gl/9zYxYZ MSR WindBurner Stove System #REIapp

Indeed,, I love the ease, versatility, adventure and fun of motorcycle tent camping and have done a bit of it. While no guru like some of the folks here concerning the matter,, I have discovered a few things about tents. Ventilation is VERY important - especially if your planning on using it during the summer in the humid states = camping on the edge of a cornfield in Iowa during the summer time can be miserable if you cant get the breeze on you.. What you want to get is one with the screen on the door that goes as close to the floor as possible so when laying on top of your sleeping bag, after you position your tent to face into the wind and you zip the door shut so no skeeters can get cha = any breeIze blows onto your body keeping you cool = makes sense? Probably not,, probably dont sound important but IMHO = it is THEE #1 thing I look for..

Getting long (and probably boring ya to death) so I will try and cut this short Ty. A few years ago, after K-Mart stopped selling the perfect tent that I had been using for years, after MUCH searching, I found the Blue ones we have been using at Menards = under 25 bucks. Because of their inexpensiveness (IMHO) I tend to replace them when worn out (floors and sides start leaking water of zips finally give up) it was not uncommon to go thru 3 tents per summer @50k of touring or so.. Last time I bought one I picked up two (on sale @under 20 bucks). Good thing I did cause our tent gave up at summers end, stopped to grab one while on the road and guess what - it appears at this time that Menards is no longer handling them = the new brand they have has the much higher screen level like most Pups. I do have my emergency tent to use now but it wont be long and I will have to start the search too..

The End

DSCN4750.JPG

DSCN5442.JPG

ST...That stove uses a gas canister and the gas doesn't work well when the temps get below 32 degrees. The gas container loses pressure and the flame may be poor or may not light at all. Best way to preheat canister is to put it in the sleeping bag and keep it warm with your body heat. Look at a MSR Whisperlite stove. Uses liquid fuel, like Coleman fuel, and is not affected by cold. Works great down into the low teens.

Also, a one man tent will be very small and usually has no room for a backpack or small suitcase with clothes, etc. Strongly advise you look for a 2 man tent for the extra room. Very little difference in weight if you are concerned about that on a motorcycle. Also many good websites and Forums about motorcycle camping available on the Internet.

Jim

Below 15 degrees? I'm crazy, not stupid! I generally put her up once they start salt and sanding our roads. Then get her out on the 3rd 60 degree day in a row in the spring.

Indeed,, I love the ease, versatility, adventure and fun of motorcycle tent camping and have done a bit of it. While no guru like some of the folks here concerning the matter,, I have discovered a few things about tents. Ventilation is VERY important - especially if your planning on using it during the summer in the humid states = camping on the edge of a cornfield in Iowa during the summer time can be miserable if you cant get the breeze on you.. What you want to get is one with the screen on the door that goes as close to the floor as possible so when laying on top of your sleeping bag, after you position your tent to face into the wind and you zip the door shut so no skeeters can get cha = any breeIze blows onto your body keeping you cool = makes sense? Probably not,, probably dont sound important but IMHO = it is THEE #1 thing I look for..

Getting long (and probably boring ya to death) so I will try and cut this short Ty. A few years ago, after K-Mart stopped selling the perfect tent that I had been using for years, after MUCH searching, I found the Blue ones we have been using at Menards = under 25 bucks. Because of their inexpensiveness (IMHO) I tend to replace them when worn out (floors and sides start leaking water of zips finally give up) it was not uncommon to go thru 3 tents per summer @50k of touring or so.. Last time I bought one I picked up two (on sale @under 20 bucks). Good thing I did cause our tent gave up at summers end, stopped to grab one while on the road and guess what - it appears at this time that Menards is no longer handling them = the new brand they have has the much higher screen level like most Pups. I do have my emergency tent to use now but it wont be long and I will have to start the search too..

The End

Thanks Bother Puc. Prayers up.

• 3 months later...

I very much want to go tenting again, but SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) says no way! We can go camping as long as there is a motel nearby! I also thought a camping trip was a bust if it didn't rain at least once. Something about sitting under the canopy listening to and watching the rain, makes me so happy.