IGNORED

Front tire screw up embarassing and cant believe i am admitting it

revinger

I am getting ready for my 1 week solo ride i try to do every summer. My front tire was getting iffy and starting to cup badly. It was metzler with right at 18,000 miles. I really didnt want to risk trying to ride it potentially 2-3000 miles on an out and back.

So i ordered replacement, pulled the front wheel off. For some reason i looked at it and some garage elf had apparently put the tire and rim on backwards. Now the only garage elf in my garage is me..... I had taken the wheel off the axle once because i thought i had a warped rotor and was going to change it. THe place i ordered from had sent a wrong size and i never did get around to ordering the right one. however. Once i put the new tire on, and made sure the direction was right for both the rim and the rubber (checked several times this go around). the test ride the feeling of a warped rotor was gone.

I've ridden all over the place with that #$%@#$@ wheel on backwards, potentially the entire 18,000 miles. I have NO idea how i managed it. I am apparently somewhat rim dyslexic as in the past 6 weeks i changed both tires on my daughters rebel and the front wheel on my wifes shadow. Of those 3 tires, i ended up initially getting the rear on the rebel reversed it on first try.

I want to kick myself severely. Been through the smokies a couple of times with that front backwards, out to the rockies and everywhere in between.

I'm just glad nothing blew up, or threw off as several of those trips i had my 21 yo daughter on the back.

SO stupidly embarrassing moment. Check, double check and triple checking tire direction from here on out.

PS i am back. I had not paid my membership for a couple of years, didnt feel like i was riding enough. But trying to get more riding miles in.

Bob E... or maybe i should change my name to wrongway corrigan.

sdrawkcab no gnihtyna tup reven I

KCAJ!! IS MY HERO!!! And I'll tell one. I have a pair of shorts I wear with suspenders. Just jean short but they are big enough to be comfy. Got then out one day put the suspenders on them and just pulled them up over my big butt without undoing the fly. Got sent back to look in mirrow. I didn't think it was That Funny!!!